So the drug addict 13 year old next door has a gun...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    You know his first name, you know his address. If you're internet savvy, that's plenty enough info to get started on getting all the dirt on him and others in the household and to devise a way to use that info against him in a kind anonymous letter with no return address. It's probably illegal to use a fake printed police agency letterhead, So I wouldnt advise doing that.

Lots of things you can do to chill 'em out if you put your mind to it.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    What can I do about it? He likes to take it outside with his friends and shows it off. I wouldn't care if I didn't already know these people and how the whole family does drugs and makes life for everyone in the neighborhood miserable (the boy screams profanities outside to see who'll yell at him so he can threaten them, he messes up gardens, destroys house lights, the dad and his drug friends will unscrew the neighbor's yard lights at night when they do drug deals outside his house, etc.). What can the police do about it? And how do I leave a tip anonymously? I don't need/want to start some sort of neighbor war especially when the family next door will go as far as poisoning our dogs for telling the kid to stay out of the yard.

I would put up a wireless nite cam.

seadoodr.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    martinsville
    Sounds a lot like some of the dirt bags that were in our area.
    Are you sure you do not live by us.
    They are not hanging around here anymore.

Nuff said...........;)

Edit....In the area my daughter used to live there was a house with similar activity. We took several pics of the cars rolling in and out of the alley with license plate pics, drivers etc. Sent a really nice letter to all the houses around and them with Copy's of the pics and a list of times and dates. Letter stated the area was watching and recording all suspicious activity. Sent this to LEO and land lord as well. Neighbors started watching them and Traffic stopped, A$$HATS moved.
    ^^^^^^
    I really like this plan,Im going to try it out on some of my scumbag neighbors, Thanks.:)

Speedgelb986S

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Brownsburg
    As other stated...once you get his name, look him up on the IN criminal database and see if he's a felon.

http://mycase.in.gov/default.aspx

Select all counties and type in the name. Then have fun looking up other people...great site for digging up dirt!

...unless his criminal case was in Marion County. They aren't connected to Odyssey. They use CivicNet, and it's $5.00 per search.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I got a Rambo wanna be in my neighborhood out in the country.....likes getting a few beers then shoots towards the road, his bullets are hitting about a foot from the pavement, no backstop....what a jackwagon. Shoots at his beercans out there....if a car comes he dashes in the house, then comes back out to shoot again. I'm sure the bullets are richoching off the flat ground.....they could go across a field to where a nieghbor house is and could be out walking, or going a half mile to the highway, or take a turn and hit my house or someones elses.....idiot , and I've seen him act like a total retard....literally. I don't know the guy so asked some advise from a INGO LEO......I then contacted DNR, he said technically he wasn't breaking the law shooting towards the road, but not smart at all and would talk to him an make sure he knew it. I was just concerned for my neighbors and or people on the roads, plus the neighbor lady had stopped walking by.....what a idiot. Anyway its been about 2 months and no shooting, longest ever since I have been here, so the DNR guy must of stopped out, he said he wouldn't say who called...I said I didn't care, tell him.

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    Is this rental property a house next to/near where you are staying and not an apartment building? The reason I ask is many areas require a rental property to be licensed. If it is required and the home isn't licensed well then report it. Just a possibility. Hell, I've even worked in apartment buildings without the proper license/inspections.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Is this rental property a house next to/near where you are staying and not an apartment building? The reason I ask is many areas require a rental property to be licensed. If it is required and the home isn't licensed well then report it. Just a possibility. Hell, I've even worked in apartment buildings without the proper license/inspections.

How do I know if it is licensed?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is easy to find out who owns the property. A series of letters to the owner (unless it is the A$$HATS brother or such) could end this.
    We have done this and it works.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I guess the guy pays his rent in contraband.

Actually the lady I talked to on the phone (property manager) said he pays late and threatens the property owners and her when they go to his door for rent. I guess renting in Franklin Township is too profitable to care if the trash pushes out the good guys.

Just look at Arlington Acres. Dad built a house out there and then the builders decided they wanted more money. Dad said **** you and got out of the contract. Good decision in hindsight.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To MosinGuy,

A lot of good words on here that I cannot add any wisdom to. You have some choices and options to consider.

There is only one (1) thought I want to share with you, as this happened to a fellow libertarian here in Fort Wayne.

IF YOU DO ANYTHING to move against the bad neighbors be prepared for total, absolute war from the beginning! I mean it. The dog is poisoned, the tires are slashed, the car is robbed, the house is egged, extreme verbal and possible physical abuse.

Our local guy took on the neighborhood drug dealers just by painting a sign on his own house and he was firebombed with two (2) or three (3) Molotov Cocktails! Police involved, fire department responded, no arrests, sign came down, back to normal.

I am just warning you that once you declare war that DOES NOT MEAN you get to end it! It will end with victory or defeat of one side or another. Or perhaps a return to "normalcy."

Take your time. Think things through. Weigh all the positives and negatives of action or inaction. Then act or don't act. Just do not think for a moment that if things get rough you will be able to end it. It does not work that way.

Good luck and my best wishes with your dilemma.

Regards,

Doug

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Actually the lady I talked to on the phone (property manager) said he pays late and threatens the property owners and her when they go to his door for rent. I guess renting in Franklin Township is too profitable to care if the trash pushes out the good guys.

Just look at Arlington Acres. Dad built a house out there and then the builders decided they wanted more money. Dad said **** you and got out of the contract. Good decision in hindsight.

That crap would not fly around here. We owned several rentals in our area and had issues such as this from time to time. Threats are often shallow and given by blowhards. We had our own ways of handling these issues and 1st was trying not to rent to idiots. Tough to do 100% of the time. Knowing the right people is another. Nuff said on open forum.

Your situation is a bit different being next door with parents involved.
    Like I said...this crap would not fly around here. The Hispanics would scoop them up and run them out. They do not put up with that crap. I have seen it first hand.

Use your head. Do not make yourself a target. Get the rest of the neighbors involved. There is power in numbers. It has worked in my area. Once the light of day is shined on those who wish to remain under the radar they usually slither away. Again, your situation may be different as they are out in the open with their activity's.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To MosinGuy,

A lot of good words on here that I cannot add any wisdom to. You have some choices and options to consider.

There is only one (1) thought I want to share with you, as this happened to a fellow libertarian here in Fort Wayne.

IF YOU DO ANYTHING to move against the bad neighbors be prepared for total, absolute war from the beginning! I mean it. The dog is poisoned, the tires are slashed, the car is robbed, the house is egged, extreme verbal and possible physical abuse.

Our local guy took on the neighborhood drug dealers just by painting a sign on his own house and he was firebombed with two (2) or three (3) Molotov Cocktails! Police involved, fire department responded, no arrests, sign came down, back to normal.

I am just warning you that once you declare war that DOES NOT MEAN you get to end it! It will end with victory or defeat of one side or another. Or perhaps a return to "normalcy."

Take your time. Think things through. Weigh all the positives and negatives of action or inaction. Then act or don't act. Just do not think for a moment that if things get rough you will be able to end it. It does not work that way.

Good luck and my best wishes with your dilemma.

Regards,

Doug

Doug, why did a libertarian decide to take on his neighborhood drug dealers?

You are right in that if you declare open war, the other side will not necessarily play fair. Some folks skip steps in the escalation process.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Doug, why did a libertarian decide to take on his neighborhood drug dealers?

You are right in that if you declare open war, the other side will not necessarily play fair. Some folks skip steps in the escalation process.

To GodFearinGunTotin,

I am a little embarressed to say it, but basically he didn't like them throwing their garbage in his yard...:n00b:

Otherwise, he was fine with them as neighbors as long as their "stuff" was not messing up his yard.

I tried explaining to him that Uncle LEO was not going to give a rip about their breaking pollution or garbage laws but he was convinced something would be done if only enough attention was drawn to the matter of empty pop cans or drug baggies illegally strewn about his property, and public property to boot.

You will note I used a small "l" and not a capital "L." I did this on purpose.

So, his basic timeline was:

#1) Complain to police about pollution. Result: Nothing.
    #2) Post big sign on own house drawing attention: Result: Firebombs.
    #3) Firebombs. Result: Nothing.
    #4) Sign comes down. Result: Things return to normal.

Darn you for making me go into details.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    To GodFearinGunTotin,

I am a little embarressed to say it, but basically he didn't like them throwing their garbage in his yard...:n00b:

Otherwise, he was fine with them as neighbors as long as their "stuff" was not messing up his yard.

I tried explaining to him that Uncle LEO was not going to give a rip about their breaking pollution or garbage laws but he was convinced something would be done if only enough attention was drawn to the matter of empty pop cans or drug baggies illegally strewn about his property, and public property to boot.

You will not I used a small "l" and not a capital "L." I did this on purpose.

So, his basic timeline was:

#1) Complain to police about pollution. Result: Nothing.
    #2) Post big sign on own house drawing attention: Result: Firebombs.
    #3) Firebombs. Result: Nothing.
    #4) Sign comes down. Result: Things return to normal.

Darn you for making me go into details.:rolleyes:

Regards,

Doug

I just thought it was odd as I got a whiff of the non-aggression thingy being violated. I figured it was retaliation for something but I wanted to make sure before I said something out of line. That's tough your friend had to give up the peaceful enjoyment of his home to keep his house from catching on fire.

Top Bottom