• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    One thing that I have found helpful is to work for others (even as a volunteer) in the same business or similar. Learn from the INSIDE what it takes to succeed, what they are doing well, poorly, etc.

It could be a similar business anywhere. Avoid the chains - look for a successful coffee shop, donut joint, something similar, but not so much that they would be afraid of you. Possibly enough distance from your intended target area so you won't be a threat to them. And then volunteer to do part time work in exchange for learning how to be successful.

In my business, it's a CONSTANT state of learning. Technology is ever-changing. The minute I quit learning, I've put a two-year death sentence on my career. So between 8-5 I do what is in vogue TODAY. Late at night and on weekends I build stuff for free and experiment with what will be in vogue TOMORROW.

Granted the art of a java joint or whatever may not evolve that quickly. But rest assured that there ARE tricks to the trade, and the quicker you learn them (on other people's dime if possible) the better...

Top Bottom