• ...and so much more!
  • EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    mcshaker - here's my online comment:

I'll spread the word, here in Evansville, IN, about this egregious decision and I will do everything in my power to discourage others from patronizing you establishments.

Da** it - there was a more to this, I guess my cut and paste skills need work.

Doug

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your job, you live to see another day. Take advantage of the unemployment, they pay the insurance might as well try to claim on them for you doing the right thing.

Considering this. But, getting job leads already ... so maybe not. It has been good be home with my family while on suspension.

Am I understanding that the back door was broken and therefore allowed an intruder to enter the building to rob the place? Also was there a supervisor on hand during the robbery? Was the back door locked at all?

I didn't mean to mislead the backdoor was an example of prior examples of disregard for safety. It had just been repaired within weeks prior to the robbery. But, when I went in that morning it had been fixed up even further with a buzzer so you can buzz in and out and door trim so less easy to pry.

I don't intend to bring any lawsuits. Unless I can find some sort of en masse 2nd amendment constitutional issue to join up with.

ambushunter

Plinker
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Northern IN
    Sorry to hear about the loss of your job. I did not real all 11 pages, but I think I remember seeing something on TV where Mitch Daniels past or was trying to pass a law to protect us against compaines fireing employes over there right to carry? I could be wrong.

OK sorry bill goes into affect July 1st but its to have allow you to have the firearm locked in your vehical.

Last edited by a moderator:

mcshaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    OK sorry bill goes into affect July 1st but its to have allow you to have the firearm locked in your vehical.

I've heard of this and of course 100% agree.
    I think it should be taken further.

I feel that the only way a private company should be able to force you to disarm is if they have provided enough armed security to take down at least one violent maniac armed with multiple weapons.

I'm OK with current laws of no carry at school/hospitals/metal detectors.

As delivery driver I hated double locking in car while delivery inside hospital but thats law not private policy.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've heard of this and of course 100% agree.
    I think it should be taken further.

I feel that the only way a private company should be able to force you to disarm is if they have provided enough armed security to take down at least one violent maniac armed with multiple weapons.

As delivery driver I hated double locking in car while delivery inside hospital but thats law not private policy.

It's illegal to carry in a hospital? Can you point me to that code? I may know someone who has been naughty a few times if that is correct.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

The is no law pertaining to carry in hospitals in Indiana.

Who told you that? :popcorn:

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    But in today's Obama (that he inherited solely 100% from GWB) economy, I could not have afforded to jeopardize my family income over this.

There, I fixed it for ya.

inFALable: I called the manager of the Pizza Hut today. He had nothing to say but gave me his bosses number
    937-478-2227

Again, don't be too rough on him. By all means, express your opinions - but, he's just one of the sheep trying to feed his family like everyone else. The issue is most definately more of a corporate one.

Unfortunately once you take on the title & responsibilities of "manager" YOU BECOME corporate.

Corporations have these policies for a reason. They are protecting themselves against liability, if an employee shoots someone. HOWEVER, we all know that policies are only to CYA, when something bad happens.

The worst part is that they really aren't protecting themselves from the illegal acts/mistakes/accidents of an employee while they are a representative (i.e. on the clock) of the company. If a store employee robs someone that comes into the store then the store is still responsible for returning that money. The store will get sued & most likely loose if they have a policy against stealing customers money or not. I would think the same would be true of an illegal shooting.

The only thing that a policy does is makes it easier to fire an employee who violates a written rule.

Going to the liberal news media might be a mistake...they may turn it all around and say it's your fault...you knew the rules, especially if you worked there for 8 years. So you are taking a chance. On the other hand...it might not make much difference, because you will still have to explain to any potential new employer why you got fired from your last job.
    +1...for standing for you right to carry!

Also - To Everyone: Thanks for the support guys. I needed the boost up.

:yesway:

It sucks that you have to suffer from the willful ignorance/greed of others for doing the right thing.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your job. I did not real all 11 pages, but I think I remember seeing something on TV where Mitch Daniels past or was trying to pass a law to protect us against compaines fireing employes over there right to carry? I could be wrong.

That's only to preven termination for storing your gun in your vehicle on company property. not for carrying it into the building.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I really never cared for Pizza Hut anyway. I go there because my wifes family likes them. I may have to OC the next time I go there. By the way, I do not OC, but for this, I will.
    Im in the same boat as you, im not a fan to begin with but i think i need to open carry and pick up a pizza tonight simply to fan the fires:patriot: on a serious note, i hope that you are able to find a job that is more pro-carry and i hope you find it quickly.

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    Sorry to hear you lost your job. Even though IN is an at-will state, I still think you should consult a lawyer anyway.

Just in case we needed another reason NOT to eat Pizza Hut "food".

[SIZE=+1]Good morning, boys and girls. Can you say:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Polydimethylsiloxane?[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Polydimethylsiloxane is a substance that is manufactured by Dow Chemical and is primarily used in food-manufacturing factories as a de-foaming agent for commercial boilers.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Polydimethylsiloxane is not approved for use as a food additive, yet, Pizza Hut is using this silicone-based chemical as a stabilizer for cheese on its patented pizza products. Some of those pizzas go directly to your child's schools and are served at lunchtime.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]In order to preserve their frozen pizzas, Pizza Hut claims that their silicon emulsifier is a necessary preservative and emulsifier.[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Although the package does not list its own secret formula, it does list "other additives" under the guise of this patent:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Patent # 4894245[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]A review of the United States Patent Office website confirms this story that was first reported on page 5 of the February, 2006 issue of Pete Hardin's "Milkweed." The actual patent:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]http://tinyurl.com/7d6t8[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]The following is included in the online patent:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]"A silicone emulsifier (Dow Corning FG-10) is mixed with water to form a 0.05% emulsifier solution. This solution is sprayed on the frozen cheese granules at a rate of 1.75 parts of solution per 100 parts by weight of cheese."[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]Our children are eating silicon in school cafeterias. Silicon is not an approved substance for human consumption. Neither is Polydimethylsiloxane, or formaldehyde which results as a byproduct when frozen silicone-sprayed pizza is subjected to heat. Polydimethylsiloxane breaks down into formaldehyde when subjected to heat in excess of 150 degrees centigrade. See:[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]http://www.itcilo.it/english/actrav/telearn/osh/ic/9016006.htm[/SIZE]
    YUM! Formaldehyde is created at 302F. Pizza Hut cooks pizzas at 425-450F. :dunno:

Probably why I need to use the bathroom the next 2 days...

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I live in Anderson and know that p hutt. I didn't know this happened. I understand your dad is trying to protect you, but if you don't fight it, your future possible jobs will look at it and think that ph must have been right in doing it if you don't fight it. Times are different now, companies have to try to protect you. That is their duty. Consult a lawyer. That area is not a safe one in the first place. Personally, it sounds like their risk management dropped the ball and is trying to get to leave quickly.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Been in that similar situation, as an armed Security Officer. I disarmed perp, cuffed and notified PD to come and take out the trash. Thank you video tape, for back up footage.

Mother of perp attempted to sue for damages, and my owner/supervisor advised taking her son to church more might have prevented his stupid act that almost cost him his life. I was the range firearms officer for the company, after 14 yrs of LEO work. Thanked for the duty by manager.

Times have changed perspective on self protection and companies still think in the fog about employees safety. There will be another job waiting for you, maybe time for a change anyway!

glockednlocked

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    well I am late to the discussion but I wish you well. You deserve better. Is the dicission to fire what I would consider a dream employee made at the store level or was it truly a corporate Yum! discission? I know Yum! is anti gun but are they really that stupid? Around here they seem willing to hire sex offender registry members. Hell I would carry do to the employees as much as the customers around here. Maybee you should post what kind of work you are looking for. This board is a family and you might get some job offers. Just an Idea.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    My letter to pizza hut:

Your employee, legally licensed to carry a handgun, thwarted a robbery and possibly saved lives in your Anderson, IN store. You fired him. I've spend thousands of dollars on your products. I will no longer do so, and will avoid YUM brands whenever possible. Thousands of gun owners are reading this of this account and committing themselves to boycotting your products. Your policy is not only misguided in its claim to "protect" employees, but is clearly more important to your company than the lives of your employees. Shameful and disgusting.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    take a lawyer (Lesson hard learned.) But, as rhart pointed out I knew the rules, just decided that they didn't apply to me.

That's probably not quite true. You knew the rules, and you knew they applied to you, but you decided that you'd rather be unemployed than dead. It's a decision almost all of us have to make. For me, it was deciding which was more important: company policy, or coming home to my 6 year old.

You might also contact the NRA. They may be willing to fight this fight for you. I don't expect you'd ever get your job back, but there might be some sort of severance come out of it.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    You are alive and that is all that matters. You will find work and we will pray for you. I would have did the same thing you done. I think my wife and kids would rather have me unemployed than in a grave.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    ...Times are different now, companies have to try to protect you. That is their duty...

Interesting concept. Point me to a Department of Labor statute or Indiana law that supports that. I'll be waiting. :popcorn:

I run a business with over 150 employees. I have to have sidewalks level so employees don't trip over the cracks. I have to have handicap accessible facilities. I have to provide lift operator training. I have to provide safety equipment for employees. I have to have guards on certain power tools. I've never had anyone tell me I am reponsible for protecting employees from armed intruders.

SedahDrol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Interesting concept. Point me to a Department of Labor statute or Indiana law that supports that. I'll be waiting. :popcorn:

I run a business with over 150 employees. I have to have sidewalks level so employees don't trip over the cracks. I have to have handicap accessible facilities. I have to provide lift operator training. I have to provide safety equipment for employees. I have to have guards on certain power tools. I've never had anyone tell me I am reponsible for protecting employees from armed intruders.

Ahh but the moment you bans them from protecting themselves, you put yourself at risk of being sued if something goes wrong. You deliberately and knowingly acted in a manner that could lead to harm toward your employees. Though you could have acted in a manner to minimize the chance of harm you chose not to. The only way you can minimize your risk is to have armed security and screening at every entrance.

If you simply have no policy against guns whatsoever, your lawyers could minimize damages by simply (you are probably still going to get sued) saying the employees had power to protect themselves and chose not to.

Yes its a catch-22 your are going to get sued no matter what you do. The issue is how much it's gonna cost you. Which employer attitued do you think a jury is gonna be more favorable to: "lose your livelihood, or lose your life" or "protect yourself within the confines of the law".

Top Bottom