• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    I was at the Hammond Cabelas gun counter today with my son and I spotted it. There she was, a stainless Sig 1911 XO with a Crimson Trace laser grip. I've always wanted a 1911 and I like lasers, so I was hook line and sinker at this point. Told the guy to let me put my grubby mitts on it and it was magical. "Sold" I exclaimed. He writes it up and I get to the cashier to pay and start my NICS stuff. I fill it out and the lady said that it got cancelled halfway through and I have to fill it out again. (Its all done on computers) So i fill it out again and she said it got cancelled again and she'd call it in for me. She comes back and tells me the system is down. Might be 30 mins or so. So I grab a bite to eat and come back and its still down. So i finish my shopping and come back close to two hours later. Still down. So we go home and I call every hour on the hour like clockwork. Still down. They closed at 6 and now I'm left impatiently waiting till tomorrow when I can go pick it up after work. I'm pumped.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sounds nice. Your experience sucks though. I have gotten some absolutely great deals on used guns in the Hammond Cabelas. A CZ97 for $350. An immaculate 1970 Marlin 44 mag lever gun for $350. A Margolin Target Pistol for about 1/2 what it is worth. I don't get through there much anymore but always loved to stop by (it was my travel bathroom break from Wisconsin to Indy).

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Awesome! Will be looking forward to the pics! Hopefully things are up and going for you tomorrow!

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I would ask for a manager and press for at least a bit of free ammo.

I guess you lied to me with that text saying you bought it :p

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    If that happened to me, it would likely be from them calling my wife. She'd tell them to cancel it and decline my credit card, cause I've got plenty of guns already. Her logic, "you can only shoot one at a time, why do you need another one"?

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    A few years ago I went to the Woodworking Show and bought about $3000 worth of stuff from about 10 different vendors. I got home later that evening and my wife meets me at the front door with the question about how much I spent, I thought I could slip in under the radar, and tell her like always, "I've had that for a long time". She proceeds to tell me that the credit card fraud department called and wanted to know how I spent so much money all over the country at one time. She just doesn't understand that a guy's gotta have toys! BUSTED!!!!

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    If that happened to me, it would likely be from them calling my wife. She'd tell them to cancel it and decline my credit card, cause I've got plenty of guns already. Her logic, "you can only shoot one at a time, why do you need another one"?
    WTH? I can shoot 3 at a time! One with the left hand, one with the right hand, and the third with... well, never mind. Anyway, more than 1! :laugh:

Redacted

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    Westville
    9ubrrq.jog
    Here she is boys

Top Bottom