So I might have to stop carrying to church...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    I think the Pastor at my church is the only one that knows for sure that I carry and that's because he gave me a friendly hug one Sunday and his eyes got real big when he did but he is OK with it.

LOL, is that a GLOCK in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
    Actually it was a Star, PD in a shoulder rig, not my pocket. :draw:

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    I thought I was a little nutty

One more reason I love this site!!! The stuff I think is a little overboard seems quite common here and therefore justified (ha, to me at least). I have carried to church almost regularly and was thinking maybe it was too much.You guys are great!!!!!!!!!

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One more reason I love this site!!! The stuff I think is a little overboard seems quite common here and therefore justified (ha, to me at least). I have carried to church almost regularly and was thinking maybe it was too much.You guys are great!!!!!!!!!

With all the violence that has happened in churches in recent years, I do not think it is too much at all.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    If the church has a K-12 school then the law applies to it. If it has Bible school, then the law does not apply.

I carry regularly to my church. Especially since there seems to have been so many church shootings in recent memory. I will not be a statistic. I'd rather be the exception.

I'm not 100% on this one. I've looked around the site and have not seen a concrete answer on this one. I attend a parish that operates a K-8 school (not attached to the church itself, but is on the same property/parking lot) here in South Bend. We have a state trooper that is a fellow parishioner and a fairly close friend. I asked him a couple weeks ago about carrying in church with them also running a school and how that creates a "not sure" grey area in my head as to if I am able to carry without worry. He said he wasn't 100% sure either, but said as long as there were no school functions being performed on said property, he sees absolutely nothing wrong with carrying. He said if there were a basketball game or a school program, for example, then it might be classified as a school during the function and a big no-no. I'm just wondering if anyone has a for sure answer to this question?

Top Bottom