• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    and wow. It was a P226 tactical, and wow. What an amazing feeling piece, I've not shot a Sig yet besides the 1911 varient I had. I'm seriously thinking about trying hard to get it, meaning trading something plus cash. I've always looked at Sig's and knew they were nice but never took the plunge. So you P226 9mm owners, what say you? How does it compare to say a Beretta 92FS? It's almost $900 if I remember correctly, are they worth that?!? That's pretty high for a pistol, for me anyways. Appreciate your thoughts, I can't stop thinking about it. :eek:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Just my .02

Ive shot Sigs...and I own a Beretta...if that tells you anything.

Dont get me wrong...I have a tingle for a SIG...perhaps a 226..perhaps a 220...but I cant part with my Beretta...the feel ...the look...the reliability...the cost...How smooth the slide is...all beat Sig in my book....the money is the biggest issue.

If Im going to spend $900 on a gun...Its going to be a 1911...nothing else.

If youre not opposed to buying used...Midwest has Sig 226, 229,220 trade ins for sale at about $500-600...for me...this would be worth a look.

My Beretta has never let me down and looks ALOT better...and for a gun that costs half as much as my Kimber...the slide is just as(if not more) smooth...I know that is not proper grammar.

God bless
    -Shred

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I would like to get a West German made P226.
    If you think it's too much money you can get another Sig like the P2022 for about half the cost of the P226.

GSXR883

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2012
    Love my 226

I also have the 226 in .40. Love it, a great shooter. Recently got the .22 slide kit for my daughter to start shooting it. The slide kit really changes the weight on the gun.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I absolutely love my Sig. I wouldn't say it's better than a Beretta, but it fits my hand much better. You can certainly find one for less than $900, but make sure you go with a model with the upgraded trigger (SRT), they are BUTTER!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I own a P226 and a P229 but they are in .40

I do own a P228 that is 9mm. If you want to take a road trip to the middle of Morgan County Id be willing to let you try them out if youd like.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Sigs are great guns with a well deserved reputation and their price tag reflects their quality (for the most part). However, for me I think they are one of the least ergonomic handguns I've ever felt. Between the 226 and 92FS I much prefer the ergonomics on the 92FS. That being said they are both great guns and I suggest picking whatever one feels the best to you. You really can't make a wrong choice.

totenkopf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    I've never understood the Beretta fetish some people seem to have. The M-92/ M-9 family of handguns are nothing more than improved Walther P-38s, and ugly improvements at that.

As a professional mall ninja, I own multiple Sig and HK pistols. All of them have been great shooters and are top notch in quality. My favorite Sig is my P-220. That being said, there's something I must say. None of my Sigs, save for my P-228, were purchased new. Part of this is due to the fact that my 220, 225, and 226 are of German manufacture and police trade ins. The other part is due to the potentially irrational hatred of the supposed difference in quality between German and U.S. made Sig pistols which it is rumored that I possess. I just don't think a U.S. made Sig is worth more than 6-700 dollars. Therefore, I don't buy U.S. made Sigs unless I can find a good deal on a police trade in or gently used piece. The European made Sigs on the other hand, are a different matter. I'd gladly pay $900 or more for a new in the box P-220 in .30 Luger or .38 Super. The 226 is a great pistol, but it's not worth $900, even if it is a tactical model. There are plenty of deals to be had out there with used and police trade in Sigs. Keep looking and save your cash, unless you really want that pistol bad enough to justify spending that kind of money on it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Thanks for the input folks! I won't be getting rid of the Beretta for it, no no. :) I just wondered how they compared shooting wise. And I agree there are deals out there, just have to keep my eyes open. That 226 I held at my LGS has been in the case for awhile, but I doubt I could get the price knocked down a bunch. I've been eyeballing it for a good while and finally decided to hold it. :D I really liked the feel and function of it, didn't shoot it of course but it is a great design. Hmm, I want one no doubt, time will tell if I can wait for a used one to pop up or get that new one. I will check out those police trade ins, thanks for the info!

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    I bought the wifey a Blackwater Sig 226 for her nightstand gun a few years ago.
    Last year, the Glock 19 in my nightstand was replaced with a 226 SCT.
    If you don't have little elf hands, nothing fits better IMO.

A certain training academy that is located somewhere 'off the X' that is well known for its worship of the Glock has this to say about Sigs: "They work"
    (That's the only positive words said about any non-Glock pistol)

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    be careful, if you handle a sig...you'll want to shoot a sig...and if you shoot a sig...you'll buy a sig...if you buy a sig...you'll carry a sig...if you carry a sig you'll buy another, then another, then another, till you own one of every flavor, THEN you'll get mad cause they dont make new models!
    as of now, i only have two(a 239 and a west german 226 made in 86) but drool over every sig i see!
    a 220 will be my next sig

wire3115

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    I also love my Sig.Best feeling gun i've ever owned. The only way you get it from me is to pry it from my dead fingers

Top Bottom