• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkfiend

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    in the Ford Galaxy
    I own a Beretta 92FS. It's a fun gun to shoot. Even carried a M9 on my first deployment to Iraq in 03-04. That being said, I also own a Sig P226. And a P229. And a P6. And my EDC is a P228. Loooove me some Sig. Nothing has ever fit my hand better. What you really have to look at is what fits your hand the best, and if you get the chance, what you shoot the best.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I shoot all of my pistols fairly well, I shoot the Beretta well. My mistake was holding and messing with that P226 last Saturday. It feels so nice in my hand! I dunno what I am going to do yet. :spend:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I shoot all of my pistols fairly well, I shoot the Beretta well. My mistake was holding and messing with that P226 last Saturday. It feels so nice in my hand! I dunno what I am going to do yet. :spend:
    Haha, I put some new hogue grips on my P226 the other day, need to get to the range and try them out :).

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The only Sig I ever held was in pieces. This was some years ago when Mishawaka equipped their officers with Sig 226. I was a CD Special Police officer and was walking into the station as this very friendly, older, officer just finished cleaning his newly issued Sig and wasn't sure how it went together(to that point, he had always carried revolvers). I had it assembled post haste. Right then I new I liked the feel, but shied away, mainly because I had many other purchases planned, and secondarily due to the price.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    In terms of fit & finish, ergonomics, and aesthetics, I'd take the 226 any day. But then again I've never been a big M9/92FS fan.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm looking for one, and I am trying to move a couple things to make it easier to get one. I like my beretta just fine, and the rest of my tools but that Sig felt nice. I will be getting one for sure, hopefully soon. :D I just hope I like it more shooting than I do standing there holding it! Lol

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I own the Sig Sauer 226 Scorpion Elite in 9mm and I also own the 2022, M&P9, M&P Shield, & Glock 19. The 226 is by far the best of the lot. It is perfectly balanced and smoooooooth. The trigger reset is flawless. It is like butter. Follow-up shots are fast and easy. It is an incredible pistol by any measure.

Having said that, I am trying to sell it right now because I have trained for years on Glocks and the M&P and I am just flat out better with them than with the Elite Scorpion. The 226 is worth every penny bc they are vastly superior. I just have to move on because I don't want to relearn how to shoot!
    6347111961888936875ge22igg.jpg

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I own the Sig Sauer 226 Scorpion Elite in 9mm and I also own the 2022, M&P9, M&P Shield, & Glock 19. The 226 is by far the best of the lot. It is perfectly balanced and smoooooooth. The trigger reset is flawless. It is like butter. Follow-up shots are fast and easy. It is an incredible pistol by any measure.

Having said that, I am trying to sell it right now because I have trained for years on Glocks and the M&P and I am just flat out better with them than with the Elite Scorpion. The 226 is worth every penny bc they are vastly superior. I just have to move on because I don't want to relearn how to shoot!
    6347111961888936875ge22igg.jpg

Nice, if you were closer I would buy yours! That thing is downright awesome! :D I keep hearing how these Sig's are the cream of the crop, I can't wait to find out first hand. The sooner the better. I shoot Glock's a lot but I shoot a variety of handguns often so I think I will be ok, hopefully!

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Nice, if you were closer I would buy yours! That thing is downright awesome! :D I keep hearing how these Sig's are the cream of the crop, I can't wait to find out first hand. The sooner the better. I shoot Glock's a lot but I shoot a variety of handguns often so I think I will be ok, hopefully!
    If you were closer I'd tell you to stop by, I have Sigs in; P220 45ACP, and P226 in 9mm, 357 Sig....

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    and wow. It was a P226 tactical, and wow. What an amazing feeling piece, I've not shot a Sig yet besides the 1911 varient I had. I'm seriously thinking about trying hard to get it, meaning trading something plus cash. I've always looked at Sig's and knew they were nice but never took the plunge. So you P226 9mm owners, what say you? How does it compare to say a Beretta 92FS? It's almost $900 if I remember correctly, are they worth that?!? That's pretty high for a pistol, for me anyways. Appreciate your thoughts, I can't stop thinking about it. :eek:

My vote goes to the Beretta commercial M9. (And that's what my money went to, too. ;) )

Top Bottom