• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    No kidding. I would be thrilled to find someone else running up front for me like that. (My luck they'd duck off the highway just as I crested the overpass with the waiting LEO too. :rolleyes:) Though 80 is about my personal limit too.

OP, you don't have a high enough post count yet to complain about the LEO's attitude. She could have forcibly removed you from the vehicle, proned you out on the shoulder with her boot on your neck, restrained you in cuffs, and fondled/disassembled your carry piece for no better reason than she's a *****, and you STILL wouldn't get any sympathy from some people. You're an easy target to pile on right now. Perhaps take note of who did it. Consistency around here is inconsistent. Of course, someone was just (*) over the whole thing anyway. Next time consider leaving out the overly incriminating details and just say, "I was pulled over for speeding."

:dunno:

:thatshot:

:D

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Keep in mind that "Rude" is a matter of opinion. Maybe she was rude. Maybe she wasn't. We wasn't there. Many times when a person receives bad news (Ticket) they tend to feel the conversation could have been better.:twocents:

If what the OP said is true, then the conduct of the LEO in question was "rude". We are, after all, held accountable, are we not? If you say something insulting to me, I can reasonably state that you were insulting. :dunno:
    The fact that the OP recieved a ticket should not be used to insinuate that the OP is being prejudicial. Also, keep in mind that just about everything is a "matter of opinion". Conduct Unbecoming an Officer? Opinion. Disorderly conduct? Opinion. The list goes on. :dunno:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Here's a novel idea. Don't want to deal with rude cops? Don't go 80 in a 55.

So if I do want to deal with rude cops, I should go 80 in a 55? Which means, however you slice it, that you're justifying a cop's rudeness based on how fast the guy was going.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Or...as suggested to me by JetGirl...you could have offered her a donut...

:):
    Rep = Vegas, copper.
    Now stop giving away my ticket dodging secrets.
    taptaptap_sml.gif

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's a novel idea. Don't want to deal with rude cops? Don't go 80 in a 55.

Ummm, Rookie, about your novel idear.:D

Sometimes you can be obeying the law and be spit upon, yelled at and have a gun pointed at you by a rude cop.

Sorry to crash your novel idea, dude.;)

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Ummm, Rookie, about your novel idear.:D

Sometimes you can be obeying the law and be spit upon, yelled at and have a gun pointed at you by a rude cop.

Sorry to crash your novel idea, dude.;)

Ah, but weren't you also drinking coffee? Don't leave out the details that don't serve you quite so well.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    If what the OP said is true, then the conduct of the LEO in question was "rude". We are, after all, held accountable, are we not? If you say something insulting to me, I can reasonably state that you were insulting. :dunno:
    The fact that the OP recieved a ticket should not be used to insinuate that the OP is being prejudicial. Also, keep in mind that just about everything is a "matter of opinion". Conduct Unbecoming an Officer? Opinion. Disorderly conduct? Opinion. The list goes on. :dunno:

I wish I had a dollar for every motorist that complained that a officer was rude after getting a citation. I could retire. Case in point- many agency's have a policy that any formal written complaints stemming from traffic citations and or arrests will be addressed by the court. Why would that be? As a Sgt. I get to hear most all of the peoples complaints. 99% are pure BS from a mad motorist. They are dealt with accordingly.

Many people confuse firm and to the point with rudeness. I do my enforcement business straight and to the point. I do not play into anybody's foolish little games. I am not paid to be someones friend. I make my introduction,tell them the reason for the stop,ask for their documentation,return to my car and do whatever I decide is warranted. I then return and give them the news and make sure they understand why whatever happened happened like it did. I could care less if they like my decision or if they agree with the way I presented it to them. Rude? No I think business like is more like it.

Now we all know there are rude arrogant cops. I know a few. I don't care to be around them and I sure don't like being on calls with them. But IMO they are far and few between. Most guys like that have short careers.

There are also a lot of people that think any interaction with LE is rude ect. That is because people don't like it when they get caught breaking the law and will concoct any excuse to avert any and all attention from the facts. Read some of the threads on this very web site.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I wish I had a dollar for every motorist that complained that a officer was rude after getting a citation. I could retire.

Meh. I got a ticket from a snotty representative of the state that I didn't rightfully deserve. But I also didn't get another one at a later date from a very polite and courteous one that I DID deserve. I figure it all evens out somewhere.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I wish I had a dollar for every motorist that complained that a officer was rude after getting a citation. I could retire. Case in point- many agency's have a policy that any formal written complaints stemming from traffic citations and or arrests will be addressed by the court. Why would that be? As a Sgt. I get to hear most all of the peoples complaints. 99% are pure BS from a mad motorist. They are dealt with accordingly.

Many people confuse firm and to the point with rudeness. I do my enforcement business straight and to the point. I do not play into anybody's foolish little games. I am not paid to be someones friend. I make my introduction,tell them the reason for the stop,ask for their documentation,return to my car and do whatever I decide is warranted. I then return and give them the news and make sure they understand why whatever happened happened like it did. I could care less if they like my decision or if they agree with the way I presented it to them. Rude? No I think business like is more like it.

Now we all know there are rude arrogant cops. I know a few. I don't care to be around them and I sure don't like being on calls with them. But IMO they are far and few between. Most guys like that have short careers.

There are also a lot of people that think any interaction with LE is rude ect. That is because people don't like it when they get caught breaking the law and will concoct any excuse to avert any and all attention from the facts. Read some of the threads on this very web site.

I was an Army Sergeant for nine years. My rude threshold is pretty high. I've had contact with police officers maybe ten to twenty times in my life. Mostly traffice stops, a couple of burglaries reported, once when a friend tried to commit suicide. I'd say about half the time the officer was rude. Most of those times was when I was in my twenties. Since I've gotten older I get impeccable treatment and I'm a whole lot less friendly than I used to be. I used to smile and say sir. Now I'm just businesslike and noncommittal.

The worst was when a friend tried to commit suicide. He's white, he's married to a black woman, both professionals but they live in a part of town that is mostly black and is high crime. The officer who showed up was nasty and mean and it was clear he thought that when he showed up at that address there would be no humans involved.

I'm sure he got quite the surprise that people who happened to live at that address and those of us who were there in support played tennis with the D.A. and lots of prominent folks. We made a call to our friend the D.A. (a locally famous firebrand) who promised to take care of it personally.

Spare me the "not rude just businesslike" crap. Not gonna fly with me.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Sounds like the real problem here is the OP was embarrassed in front of his girlfriend. Sounds like he needs to get some motor work done to the mustang since money isn't a problem and save himself the embarrassment of having a full size truck blowing his doors off.:):

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like the real problem here is the OP was embarrassed in front of his girlfriend. Sounds like he needs to get some motor work done to the mustang since money isn't a problem and save himself the embarrassment of having a full size truck blowing his doors off.:):

Not only that, but a chick in a old Crown Vic caught up to him from a stop! :D

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I propose that the mods create a sticky called 'Somebody was rude to me...' We could just post up all these stories about how we did something stupid and somebody was rude to us about it. I'll start: the lady at the BMV wasn't very nice the other day because I tried to pay her in Euros rather than dollars. She works for the state so she should be required to be polite to me at all times or I'll cry about it on the internet.

When did our society become so soft that people not being nice has become an issue worthy of a group of adults discussing it at length on the internet? OP, if you feel that her behavior was so egregious that it warrants mentioning then contact a supervisor, just like you would if the McDonald's cashier was rude. I don't understand why the involvement of a police officer merits such interest, oh wait it's INGO, yeah I do...

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I agree with everybody else. The cop could have given you a lot more than just a speeding ticket. You could have gotten a reckless driving or reckless endangerment citation also. I would consider myself lucky that the cop only gave you a little attitude and not a couple more tickets

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I propose that the mods create a sticky called 'Somebody was rude to me...' We could just post up all these stories about how we did something stupid and somebody was rude to us about it. I'll start: the lady at the BMV wasn't very nice the other day because I tried to pay her in Euros rather than dollars. She works for the state so she should be required to be polite to me at all times or I'll cry about it on the internet.

When did our society become so soft that people not being nice has become an issue worthy of a group of adults discussing it at length on the internet? OP, if you feel that her behavior was so egregious that it warrants mentioning then contact a supervisor, just like you would if the McDonald's cashier was rude. I don't understand why the involvement of a police officer merits such interest, oh wait it's INGO, yeah I do...

1. Police work for us, the taxpayers.
    2. When they stop us, they have power over us, so therefore can get away with rudeness we wouldn't have to put up with from other people. It's an abuse of power for a cop to be rude for no reason. A petty little pathetic abuse of power, sure. But an abuse of power just the same.

I can tell another citizen who is being rude to me to F off. If I tell that to a cop, I might get beaten or tased and then charged with something. That's why it's different.

Top Bottom