• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    2nd, have you been pulled over by Troopers in IN? Tactically they fail, at least in every case I've been pulled over by them. I actually gave one of them advice regarding stops. :n00b: And yes I'm serious, and that was at a early 20s punk with no LE experience, at least not on the officer side. If you want to know about it PM me. But for another instance, if you pull someone over, are you going to ask them to sit down in the front seat of your car, without patting them down or being in handcuffs? While you look down at your laptop while running everything, and while staring at your ticket book filling it out? Yes that happened to me.

lol, no comment
    rep'd :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    To a certain degree you're right, and I hate it. The other night I was with a few friends (all non-LE) at a bar, and this guy was giving me crap because I had a pink silly band on (a lil girl gave it to me and said it would "protect" me). Anyways the guy called me gay (not that there's anythig wrong with it), and I just laughed it off no problem. One of my less smart "friends" stepped in, and told the guy I was a police officer. I glared at my friend with "WTF" eyes. Changed the whole night... this guy started whoopin' it up real good about how I better not drive home, how he should call the chief, and so on.... Now, in another time before becoming LE, I would have dotted his "i's" and crossed his "t's"... but, I let it go. I got up and left.....BUT, to top it off, the guy follows me outside, pull out his cell phone and holds it up like he was videotaping.
    (needless to say, I had a talk with my friend)

It's instances like that which make LEOs real apprehensive about the public, and strengthens "blue line" thinking. I like being an "average joe." I like being able to talk to people. I'm naturally a friendly guy. I meet no strangers. I actively work at not being drawn into the "fraternity." I was a cool guy prior to being a cop, and I'm a cool guy now.
    However, in many instances, once someone is made aware of my occupation, their attitude changes.

yep, sometimes its not always in a good way is it?

i have seen some people kiss ass to guys because they know they are a cop, others hate them from then on, even though they did nothing to them, others ignore them, others will still keep it in the back of their mind, others dont care.

I personally know that if i was doing anything that could get me into legal jeopardy that any of my friends LEO's or not are gonna be a friend and say "hey, watch it". and visa versa. thats being a good friend. so being around my buddies who are cops is no biggie, they are just another friend its all good.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Typical. Ignore the point of the OP's posts---the officer was a rude POS. Don't you ever tire of throwing up smokescreens?

There is no excuse to be rude in the discharge of your duties. PERIOD.

PS---It's good to know that seeing a motorist with a piece of equipment (that's been deemed LEGAL in this state) "is a automatic ticket" with you. It speaks volumes.

Keep in mind that "Rude" is a matter of opinion. Maybe she was rude. Maybe she wasn't. We wasn't there. Many times when a person receives bad news (Ticket) they tend to feel the conversation could have been better.:twocents:

boosteds13cc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Lowell
    i appreciate all the comments and holy crap 7 pages....i agree after reading with alot of what people said it kinda makes sense when hearing it from some other point of view but yet getting the ticket is no problem because i did the crime i pay the fine. i have a great radar detector but with laser its dead on and no way i can avoid it (when pointed at me) but i did want to get other responses and i honestly want to contact some lawyer or w/e and see if i can do something about the bull**** smart ass comments that i got from her, but by no means was i going to "stand up for myself in person" with apparently both of us being pissed off in the moment. i have friends that are police officers and they are very polite and my grandpa was a sheriff out in Wyoming and im always no sir yes sir (or mam for a woman) i just dont get what the problem was or w/e pissed her off, but yet i am glad i did not go to jail due to this altercation.

as for cc in michigan city i haven't been there in years and that area by the light house mall has seen better days and thats no lie. such beautiful homes with rich history and amazing architecture go to waste

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Who would that be? :popcorn:

You are absolutely correct. There is no reason to be rude.

What I don't get however...is why not call them on it?

I had a local town cop call me "rocket man" after doing 52 in a 35. I told her I didn't like men and can't play piano. She laughed. I didn't get a ticket. :cool:

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yep it is only money. Then figure in your insurance. Plus if you are ever stopped in the future the officer will see where you received a ticket in 2011. That reduces your chance of getting a warning.

FWIW-A radar detector is a automatic ticket with me. That tells me the person has the habit of speeding. Why else have one? Not to mention radar detectors are almost worthless. I can't count the number of people I have stopped with them. They seem mad because their 450.00 detector didn't keep them out of a ticket.

PS-They only work in a few ideal circumstances. Very few actually. I had a idiot challege a speeding ticket on the grounds that his Valentine detector did not ever alert so I was lying about his speed!:n00b:

j706 you pull some over and give them that automatic ticket for the radar detector on the dash, don't ASSUME it's for them to break the law.

Mine is on the dash for one purpose only, it's Emergency Alert function, I want to know when I got a LEO, Firetruck or Ambulance coming so I can get out of the way, slow down or stop, not T-boned at an intersection because some joker with flashing disco lights decides that they can blow a intersection without out stopping/slowing to make sure they can procede with safety.

I've had way to many close calls because of today's vehicles being so sound proofed.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mine is on the dash for one purpose only, it's Emergency Alert function, I want to know when I got a LEO, Firetruck or Ambulance coming so I can get out of the way, slow down or stop, not T-boned at an intersection because some joker with flashing disco lights decides that they can blow a intersection without out stopping/slowing to make sure they can procede with safety.
    Firetrucks and ambulances have radar? Damn...things have come a long way.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Firetrucks and ambulances have radar? Damn...things have come a long way.

The XXXX-XXXX also detects two emergency alert systems to notify you of potential road hazards and of approaching emergency vehicles.

I've got a CDL, speeding for me affects my ability to earn money, it's this statement above is the lone reason I own it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    j706 you pull some over and give them that automatic ticket for the radar detector on the dash, don't ASSUME it's for them to break the law.

I've had way to many close calls because of today's vehicles being so sound proofed.

A person is significantly more likely to get a citation from me if they have a radar detector. It may not be your purpose, in having one, to break the law.... with that super duper intelligent piece of equipment you have, but for 99% of the others, it is. You're just going to be thrown in with the rest of the lot.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i appreciate all the comments and holy crap 7 pages....i agree after reading with alot of what people said it kinda makes sense when hearing it from some other point of view but yet getting the ticket is no problem because i did the crime i pay the fine. i have a great radar detector but with laser its dead on and no way i can avoid it (when pointed at me) but i did want to get other responses and i honestly want to contact some lawyer or w/e and see if i can do something about the bull**** smart ass comments that i got from her, but by no means was i going to "stand up for myself in person" with apparently both of us being pissed off in the moment. i have friends that are police officers and they are very polite and my grandpa was a sheriff out in Wyoming and im always no sir yes sir (or mam for a woman) i just dont get what the problem was or w/e pissed her off, but yet i am glad i did not go to jail due to this altercation.

as for cc in michigan city i haven't been there in years and that area by the light house mall has seen better days and thats no lie. such beautiful homes with rich history and amazing architecture go to waste

you never know with an LEO. they could have just worked a fatality, or some other bad scene and it still is on there mind :dunno: it doesnt make it right to treat you bad, if thats what happened, but i tend (believe it or not) to give cops and EMS some slack. back before my wife went into nursing she worked on an ambulance and her mood was sometimes bad because of things she had to deal with on her shift. those jobs are very stressful and I do still believe if it gets to you all the time where its affecting your performance then you should quit, but a little anger here or there is to be expected i believe. though it should be recognized and addressed by the officer themselves in a fashion they choose that fixes the problem.. not a cop, but I have been in some life and death stress environments for work :twocents:

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    The XXXX-XXXX also detects two emergency alert systems to notify you of ...........of approaching emergency vehicles.

How does that work? I know of no "emergency alert system" on our ambulances or fire trucks in this area.

Does it detect the strobing traffic signal preemption devices, which we also don't have in this area.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    How does that work? I know of no "emergency alert system" on our ambulances or fire trucks in this area.

Does it detect the strobing traffic signal preemption devices?

It picks up on the strobes on traffic signals. You can actually buy that by itself.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton

Well actually I attempt to give breaks to CDL holders minus serious misconduct. But I don't ever see radar detectors in CDL vehicles. I know many are busy hiding them before they stop though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well actually I attempt to give breaks to CDL holders minus serious misconduct. But I don't ever see radar detectors in CDL vehicles. I know many are busy hiding them before they stop though.

Ditto. I don't want some guy losing his job over speeding.... non-reckless of course

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    being a cop is nothing like being an average joe, even when you are off duty. im not hating, im just stating it the way ive seen it. have i seen every cop in every city? no
    Did you act the same around a lieutenant or captain while off duty, compared to your bunk mates? And no I'm not saying the police are the military, although they may be getting close. But the comparison is IMO apt. And I've heard a story of how Lts. wouldn't go into some bars in Vietnam because they wouldn't walk out. And this was from someone I know and trust.

And see my post below. I'm not a LEO, I'm just an average joe.

It's instances like that which make LEOs real apprehensive about the public, and strengthens "blue line" thinking. I like being an "average joe." I like being able to talk to people. I'm naturally a friendly guy. I meet no strangers. I actively work at not being drawn into the "fraternity." I was a cool guy prior to being a cop, and I'm a cool guy now.
    However, in many instances, once someone is made aware of my occupation, their attitude changes.

I've been in a sorta the same situation, but I was a crew leader on my job. No I couldn't ticket people or jail them, but if I told my supervisors, they would be written up or fired. The people I worked with at the time, that was worse than a LEO. And yes I'm serious about that. I was on one job site where out of 30 people, I was the only non felon. And yes that included my boss and his boss. I've seen the same sorta crap you see, but maybe not as frequent.

And when your out of town, and there are 300 people from your company there, it's sorta the same. I'd go into the bar across from the hotel and half the people would leave, half that stayed would just glare at me, and the other half would try to kiss up. And there were a few who either just didn't give a **** and/or didn't have a problem with me being there.

Kutnupe, give me a PM, if we're close I'll buy you a beer. You seem to be a decent cop from what you say on here. Some things I disagree with but we'll have that. If were not close you can let me know where you'll be around here, or I'll let you know when I'll be in your area.

PS And the use of cop is not meant to be a derogatory term.
    lol, no comment
    rep'd :yesway:
    Come on, you know you want to comment;).

Top Bottom