• ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    From Alan Korwin's PAGE NINE gun laws website:
    Although not widely discussed publicly, the Bradys, in conjunction with new Obama officials, are working out the details of a new centralized gun registration scheme. It would avoid existing legal safeguards and allow the dangerous first step toward gun-confiscation. Currently, the federal government is explicitly banned by law from centralized gun registrations, historically the precursor to confiscations.

The plan involves having all retail gun sales reported to and recorded by the gun's manufacturer. This would defeat the ban against central government registration, while giving full access to the records to BATFE and FBI officials with little control of any kind. The unpaid burden this places on firearms makers and dealers would be overlooked. Tucked deeply in the Brady's proposal to Obama, "ATF should require dealers to report details to manufacturers about all guns sold. This action can be taken without additional statutory authority." (emphasis in original)
    http://www.gunlaws.com/pdf/BradyMemoToObama.pdf

The scheme will be predictably proposed as 'an important step for gun safety,' though compiling tens of millions of records on the innocent has little crime fighting value, and diverts scarce resources away from crime control and to people control. Reporters are expected to obey and support the plan, and not question how gathering the names of the innocent will have an effect on crime. The Bradys will claim, with some truth, that certain crime traces may improve -- after every gun owner in America is in the data.

The Brady law (1994), and the Firearm Owner's Protection Act (1986) both outlaw collecting gun-sale information by the federal government, to prevent gun confiscation programs. Historically, such record collecting preceded every major genocide in the past century (see, for example, Innocents Betrayed, History of American Rights, which "documents the unthinkable slaughter of unarmed human populations by their governments"). Skeptics will not be comforted by the fact that both California and New York have already used such lists, after promises of confidentiality and safety, to demand forfeiture of targeted firearms from gun owners who had listed themselves.

The Brady group is convinced that requiring every licensed dealer to send all transaction information to the manufacturers would not only sidestep the legal safeguards, it could be done by the Attorney General without the need for congressional action or oversight. The Justice and Treasury departments control gun makers and dealers, largely through regulation instead of statute, which conceivably could allow them to institute the plan on their own. Manufacturers and dealers would have no choice but to comply if they wish to remain in business. It's a very clever scheme actually.

New and used guns would be included in the new government-accessible databases, ostensibly for "tracing" purposes. The inclusion of private gun-sale data, omitted in this scheme, would be part of step two of the plan. There is no cost estimate for recording an average of one million transactions per month, and the feds presumably would use existing facilities, computers and staff to tap into the databanks at will.

One radical bill, HR45, with no co-sponsors and little current chance of passage, proposes repealing the record-keeping ban altogether. It's proponent, Bobby Rush of Ill., also proposes rewriting the Constitution by statute, showing a complete absence of understanding or responsibility, creating a gross breach of his oath of office.

He writes in his bill, "Because the intrastate and interstate trafficking of firearms are so commingled, full regulation of interstate commerce requires the incidental regulation of intrastate commerce." It is a naked attempt to repeal by statute a portion of the Constitution that limits federal government power.

The Constitution can only be legally changed through a complex, difficult and slow amendment process spelled out in the document itself, which Rush seeks to ignore.

If any action justified removal from office, that would certainly be high on the list.

The Firearms Coalition, a wealth of pro-rights information supported entirely by donations, contributed to this report. The Firearms Coalition - Home

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So, every FFL dealer in the country would have to record the manufacturer of every gun sold, and transmit that data back to individual manufacturers, even if they buy from distributor networks rather than direct. And what kind of reporting interval are we talking about here? Daily? Weekly? Monthly? What about used guns? And then the manufacturers would have to absorb all the data coming in from individual dealers, and transmit it to the ATF? Can you imagine what a paperwork clusterf*ck that would be, for ALL involved?

I seriously doubt anything will come of this proposal (just another Sarah Brady wet dream), but it's certainly something to watch out for.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I hate lawyers. And 4 some damn reason we keep electing them into public offices...... wasn't Obama a constitutional lawyer? All he does is find away around the constitution. I think he truly hates it and is secretly seeking to abolish it.

And just think how high the gun prices will go to pay for that cluster-f**k of paperwork. looks like a win-win for them. :rolleyes:

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    If it passes, everyone will be making a mad dash to get what they want before it goes into effect.

If my firearms will require registration with the federal government, I will accidentally forget to whom I "sold" them.

The next logical step would be to have an enormous database for LEO's to not only ask for your LTCH, but also to check it with the computer to make sure it's registered...

*(no undue offense meant at law enforcement in the above remark -- just speculating on the possibilities)

INRanger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2009
    I feeling better and better about that tragic boating accident where I lost all my guns.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If it passes, everyone will be making a mad dash to get what they want before it goes into effect.

If my firearms will require registration with the federal government, I will accidentally forget to whom I "sold" them.

The next logical step would be to have an enormous database for LEO's to not only ask for your LTCH, but also to check it with the computer to make sure it's registered...

*(no undue offense meant at law enforcement in the above remark -- just speculating on the possibilities)

"If it passes"

Please understand that there is NOTHING TO PASS, this would simply be an administrative rule that would go into effect if the BATFE chooses to impose it.

I've long said that MOST of the anti-gun stuff we will get from the Obama administration will come in the form of administrative changes, from the various oversight departments, via the state department, and by executive orders. NOT through legislation.

bigg cheese

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I understand the difference, but it is still in the planning stages. There is still plenty of time to protest and get him to back down.

I see this as nothing more than testing the waters with the veteran's insurance gig.

I know one was legislation and one is just action he can take, though.

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I hate lawyers. And 4 some damn reason we keep electing them into public offices...... wasn't Obama a constitutional lawyer? All he does is find away around the constitution. I think he truly hates it and is secretly seeking to abolish it.

You are righter then you think. He thinks it is outdated and needs to be changed. It is rumored it is one of the things he is working toward. They are getting closer then one would think.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

And just think how high the gun prices will go to pay for that cluster-f**k of paperwork. looks like a win-win for them. :rolleyes:

Secretly? Ain't no secret about it. Just like his predecessors Ayres, Alinsky, Kruschev, Lenin, Stalin, and Marx, he hates America and all she stands for, and like any common criminal, he just can't wait to rape her.

Let's all remember that while sex is a primary aspect of the crime, rape is not about sex, it's about power, and having power over your victim.

Quick question: Which office is it again that's often referred to as "the most powerful man in the free world"?

Blessings,
    Bill

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom