• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Lafayette - East Side (SR26) has lots of wwb 9mm for $20.97 per 100 ct.. I also saw .40 and .45 there. Did NOT see .38, .380, nor .357.

Data good as of 1:30 pm, Feb 19th, 2010.

FordMan79

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    Southeast Indiana
    I hate buying ammo at Walmart. I usually have to spend 30 minutes trying to find someone to open the cabinet and then they have to go find the keys. Ridiculous! I usually have much better luck a Dicks Sporting Goods. Even though they cost a bit more I don't have to waste and hour to save a couple of dollars.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    I hate buying ammo at Walmart. I usually have to spend 30 minutes trying to find someone to open the cabinet and then they have to go find the keys. Ridiculous! I usually have much better luck a Dicks Sporting Goods. Even though they cost a bit more I don't have to waste and hour to save a couple of dollars.

My last trip in Wally (Lafayette, East side), I went straight to the auto dept and requested someone for sporting goods. W/in three minutes, I was checking out for $20.97 per 100ct WWB (4 boxes), along with 4 dvd's and a loaf of bread.

Last time at Dicks (Lafayette), I waited three minutes for one (of two) guys behind the counter to finish screwing around with some gadget, just to tell me that 100ct WWB was $29.99 per box. Needless to say, I didn't purchase any.

I guess my time isn't worth a 43% markup in price. :twocents:

But, I am glad to know other peoples' time is.

WLW

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone else feel like they are a smurf when purchasing ammo from Walmart? I tend to swing by a couple of different Wal Marts on the NE side and feel like I'm doing something illegal when purchasing ammo. It's only sold in small quantities (2 box maximum), but I continuously go back even with poor findings. It's like a drug addiction - I find myself paying cash so my wife won't see my weekly habit on the credit card statement. I find an occasional box of elusive .45 and I'm instantly warmed from the inside out. I tend to offer to "pick something up" for my wife to justify a visit with high hopes of seeing my dealer with a fresh supply.

I seriously feel like a meth-head purchasing pseudoephedrine in small amounts from different places. Is this normal?
    I'm exactly the same way... though I'm looking for calibers like .380 which is nearly impossible to find right now. Also, I'm in Fishers so now I know I've got competition late nights while I'm out running errands for my wife!

Aszerigan

Whitetail Trading Co.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    390   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Ha... yeah, I tried surfing Walmarts too. I try to stop at Dick's Sporting goods for reasonable ammo prices, pick up a few boxes each time I'm out. I quit drinking so I can support my other habits. Bacon and Boomsticks to all ! :)

bobbystoney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    My last trip in Wally (Lafayette, East side), I went straight to the auto dept and requested someone for sporting goods. W/in three minutes, I was checking out for $20.97 per 100ct WWB (4 boxes).

East side WM still had a shelf full of 9 as of earlier today, for anybody looking.

Stimp

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    I'm with you guys. I reload my own so don't really need to buy any from the store but I still stop by everytime I'm there just to see how the ammo supply situation is going.

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    yes i have been going to walmart to get ammo now
    in fort wayne you can get 6 boxs at a time
    i can never leave empty handed it's like a drug and my wife has no clue ether

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    yes i have been going to walmart to get ammo now
    in fort wayne you can get 6 boxs at a time
    i can never leave empty handed it's like a drug and my wife has no clue ether

So far my wife just rolls her eyes, humoring me. I am waiting for the day to come where she asks "how much do you need?"
    In the mean time I try to hide how much I have. Sounds just like an addiction doesn't it?

bmwdud

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    fort wayne
    short cut

got a tip for ya ,go to the back door at the automotive repair and it will take you right in to the sporting goods where the ammo is .saves a lot of steps

:patriot:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    why are people freeking out and buying so much ammo? god its like a grocery store sell out 5 days before a hurricane. you knew you live in hurricane ally and you knew it was hurricane season but you waited till the last minute to get your crap. funny. good thing S didnt hit the fan a couple years ago, i might have been the only one with ammo, some of you would have been using your guns as hammers. hehehe

Top Bottom