• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    My success rate is probably about 20%. I'm really only looking for 9mm and .45. .40 has been on the shelves for quite a while now. Everything else just gets whacked.

OutaAmmo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Ammo

Checked out three Wal Marts last week in three different towns. Seems they almost always have a couple of boxes of 40mm. I get lucky sometimes and get a box or two of 9mm or .38 special, but about fell over last week when I scored two boxes of .357 mags. The first time in over a year that I have been availabe to buy any .357 from WM. .22 ammo is a crap shoot and I buy several bricks when they have it and seem to shoot it at about the same speed that they get it in. The stores I go to have a six box limit. I get six and my g/f get six more for me if I need it. It will be a real sad day if WM ever decides to quit selling ammo. Guess that I am lucky that I own several guns in different calibers so I can usually shoot something depending on my ammo supply.

OutaAmmo

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Today was a new day but I have already fell off the wagon. Went to my local WalMart to find freshly stocked shelves of WWB 9mm, 45 acp, and 45acp JHP. Damn guy would only let me buy two boxes though. So,needless to say Im going back in a couple hours.
    :rockwoot:

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    When I do find ammo at walmart ,I have to hunt someone to help[me then ,Decatur was the worst 1/2 hr wait ,bugged 3 employees till the key appeared with the tire & lube guy ??? Ok ,that just now struck me as odd?? only the maysville rd wallyworld in ft wayne has someone consistantly in sporting goods .Not all but those 2 (decatur & apple glen) are the worst Ive been to

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    When I do find ammo at walmart ,I have to hunt someone to help[me then ,Decatur was the worst 1/2 hr wait ,bugged 3 employees till the key appeared with the tire & lube guy ??? Ok ,that just now struck me as odd?? only the maysville rd wallyworld in ft wayne has someone consistantly in sporting goods .Not all but those 2 (decatur & apple glen) are the worst Ive been to

Apple Glen is tough. Try the Coldwater road store. They oftenhave a lot. Recently they had a lot of wwn 100ct 9mm and the wwb jhp 147 gr. and some .357. They;re usually not too bad about getting it.Sometimes you have to get the electronics guy.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    yep

Anytime I'm there I check, sometimes I go just to see.:hooked:

I do the same!!
    also
    I like to consistantly check WTS adds in forums i belong to.
    "wife thinks im crazy" "she's thinkin," Why does he keep lookin when he has no money"

You know what really confuses her? When no money is missing from the account and a package arrives at the door:laugh:
    I tell her folks like to send me rifle parts to try out....
    Sometimes i do feel :DSmurfy

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Goshen East Walmart find

Goshen east Walmart got a shipment in last night. This morning they had more handgun ammo than they have had for a long time. When I left they still had 5 50 round Winchester White Box of .45acp I bought all 5 100 round boxes they got in. :D:rockwoot: now I can do some :ar15::ar15:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    9:20 pm Bloomington Wal-Mart has a whole shelf of Federal Bulk Pack .22lr. I picked up eight more boxes of 550s, two 100 rd WWB .40s @ $13 ea., and a 100 ct. Federal .223 for $39 (not really a deal, but...) They are out of everything else.

Those old guys in there are pretty cool as they never enforce any box limit on me.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    The Valparaiso Wal-Mart is usually sold-out of most calibers. I have better luck with the Merrillville Wal-mart. They tend to hide the 9mm behind the .40, but i can usually score 6 boxes when I stop in :)

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    Anyone else feel like they are a smurf when purchasing ammo from Walmart?

I would like to go look for ammo more often; however, I tend to get easily agitated by being in the presence of so many smurf-tarded, smurfing smurf-holes, even in the parking lot, that I don't bother to check.

{Note: not directed at you. Just used your quote so people reading this would know what the smurf I was talking about.}

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    OK I wasn't going to ask but what is Smurfing???

Those were the little blue guys where there were like 100 dudes and one chic right?!?!

I still think Papa smurf was hitting that.

Top Bottom