• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Anyone else feel like they are a smurf when purchasing ammo from Walmart? I tend to swing by a couple of different Wal Marts on the NE side and feel like I'm doing something illegal when purchasing ammo. It's only sold in small quantities (2 box maximum), but I continuously go back even with poor findings. It's like a drug addiction - I find myself paying cash so my wife won't see my weekly habit on the credit card statement. I find an occasional box of elusive .45 and I'm instantly warmed from the inside out. I tend to offer to "pick something up" for my wife to justify a visit with high hopes of seeing my dealer with a fresh supply.

I seriously feel like a meth-head purchasing pseudoephedrine in small amounts from different places. Is this normal?

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I'll add to that. All of the Walmarts around here now put the ammo behind the counter. It is so far back that I can't read what is on the box. I have to get a clerk to read off each box to tell me what is there. Makes it nearly impossible to comparison shop.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    ya i check every time i go even though i have tons. i aint gonna buy anymore, but i HAVE to look:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I went the other day to Wal-Mart and almost shelled out some serious cash for several thousand rounds of .22LR. I put some back.

You know it's bad when you're hoarding calibers of ammo for which you don't even have arms yet.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I went the other day to Wal-Mart and almost shelled out some serious cash for several thousand rounds of .22LR. I put some back.

You know it's bad when you're hoarding calibers of ammo for which you don't even have arms yet.
    Everytime I go there I buy 3-4 bulk packs. I have over 100,000 rds.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I do the same thing except I go to Meijer. The walmart around here never has much ammo. They still sell guns though. One time I saw a box or 2 of 9mm under the register. I browsed around until an employee came over and then I asked if he had any. He told me no and acted like I was causing him trouble. Instead of arguing with him I just left.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I live in Greenfield, and the Wal-Mart there can't keep Federal 550, .22's for more than 2 days, I go to the sporting goods section, just to see what is on the shelf..... am I addicted ?????:laugh:

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I'm an Assistant Manager at a Wal-mart. I'm there for 12 hrs a day and look at the counters 5 times a day even though the trucks only come at night. Just have to check in case I miss something.

Top Bottom