• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    As a former NJ resident, just a heads up if you are not a resident you cannot be in a possession of a firearm even when visiting. No possession whatsoever except driving directly through the state. According to the NJSP, you can't even stop for food. Just gas and restroom use.

Also, I have the Norinco Paratrooper and love it, the only thing I would swap it for is a Paratrooper "M" or "D" model. Just don't put a bunch of stupid :poop: on it please!

Ya, NJ is a pain in the ass for gun stuff. depending on who you ask you need a FID just to possess firearms.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    There is a thread/story somewhere about the guy stuck in NJ because of a airline snafu. He was forced to spend night in NJ and was arrested when attempting to check in at airport with firearms in locked case. He lost in court and Supreme Court refused to take case up. Looks like NJ has carte blanche

ya, that was a **** case. It should have been the fault of the airline, but it is what it is I guess.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ya, NJ is a pain in the ass for gun stuff. depending on who you ask you need a FID just to possess firearms.

Anyone who tells you that you don't need a FID to purchase/possess is misinformed. And I really want to drive the point home about not bringing firearms if/when you go to visit. It's simply not worth your freedom.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I had a mint Yugo. I didn't trust it to go bang evtry time. Had trigger/disconnecter issues. Also would jam if high cap mags were used. I got rid of it.

On the plus side it was cheap,accurate, and 7.62X39 whacking steel is impressive. They have gone up in price so if bought right there is money to be made.

sprmario123

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Muncie
    Anyone who tells you that you don't need a FID to purchase/possess is misinformed. And I really want to drive the point home about not bringing firearms if/when you go to visit. It's simply not worth your freedom.

My BiL is a cop in NJ, I asked him to give me the lowdown when he gets a chance. But I think I will keep the guns at home now. Thanks for the information.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

My BiL is a cop in NJ, I asked him to give me the lowdown when he gets a chance. But I think I will keep the guns at home now. Thanks for the information.

Good calls guys. I live in MA and WE know NJ is more effed up gun law-wise than us. I mean our license criteria is tougher and arbitrary but you can get a non-resident MA license (really) We can also use regular self defence rounds and still be legal.....in NJ it;s one felony for each.hollowpoint......So yeah guns I wouldn't even dream of bringing anything NJ. Not even driving through.

Now for the on topic part.

I liked my Yugo. I cleaned that damn barrel so good it almost looked chrome. I sold it to a fellow INGOer before I moved. Once I got here I found out I could have kept it,nYou see the launcher and bayonet were only 2 evil features.......and true prebans are OK witht he right license. If I only knew before I moved......MA home of the $700 used Glock

Last edited:

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I like them all! Russians are the finest made. You can run the **** out of any of them. The only advantage to an ak is more rounds. I prefer an sks.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have never had any issues with my Yugo. I've even launched some grenades off with it. Pretty cool if you ask me. But there is just something about it that does not make it my favorite.

Bigdog357

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2015
    Indiana
    I have a Yugo, I have put thousands of rounds downrange with not one problem, I'm sure the Russian and Chinese work just as well, I have friends that have them and love them.
    I have included a picture for all you anti-plastic purist to enjoy :lmfao:
    View attachment 38874

Top Bottom