• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I Picked up a Yugo SKS over the weekend from a forum member. Looks to be well made and engineered. Watched a couple of YouTube videos of the SKS in action, appears fun to shoot. Now I just need to find some 7.62x39 at Walmart and a range that will handle the round. Good military quality addition to the long gun safe.

Tims87gn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Floyds Knobs
    I own three SKS's. They are just flat out fun to shoot. Prices were reasonable until Obama and his minions showed their true colors recently with this "assault weapon" ban threat. I might even buy another soon...

Eric70

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2011
    Covington
    I have one and I love it, got it out Sunday and shot some Tulammo through it just to see how it would do. Worked great.

talderma

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2012
    North East Indy
    Love my SKS! I have had it for many years and enjoy shooting it every time I pull it out. Only issues I have ever had is "fail to eject" with crappy ammo. Other than that....get one, you will enjoy it.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    if you change to a composite stock, is it easier to use detachable mags? just curious

Good question. Do you mean can you use something other than a Tapco 20 round conversion magazine? I believe you still have to use the Tapco magazine with the duck bill on the rifle. Here a a few photos of the rifle with a complete new look with Tapco accessories in the first photo and the rifle with the Tapco 20 rd magazine with the factory stock. That is what mine looks like. But from the first photo it appears with the composite stock they are using a standard AK 30 rd magazine. Maybe someone can confirm this?

images
    images
    P1020528_zps9ba44400.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    SKS are really nice long guns. I owned a Russian SKS. I believe the Russians only produced the SKS until 1954.. (I'm sure someone will google that and prove me wrong) Shortly after that the Chines started producing them in the form of the Type 56. The Russian variant is far superior to its' Chines cousin. The Russian SKS has a milled receiver where the Chines counterpart was a stamped receiver. Most of these rifles should have a chrome lined barrel except some of the Yugo models. There is a easy modifications you can do to use larger 10, 20 or 30 round detachable magazines. If you can find a SKS and buy it for a price you feel is comfortable I will go for it. They are good rifle and have a long history for being reliable.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    One of my favorite rifles is a Chinese paratrooper (commercial name only, never used by a paratrooper) model. It's about the size of an AK, but feels better to me than an AK does. To me, that short model feels kind of like an M1 Carbine. Maybe it's the balance of the rifle, but whatever it is, that short SKS is a really nice little rifle.

Top Bottom