• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I picked up two 100 round bulk packs of Federal 9mm 115 grain RN for $45 and a pair of Asics sneakers (do they still call them sneakers??) for $45 ($15 off coupon). The clerk asked my birthday, but also reached over and hit the right buttons on the swipe-pad thingee. It was around 1000 at that point, maybe all the earlier ammo buyers made comments about it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It is illegal to sell ammo to anyone that is NOT a US Citizen or resident alien. They were just making sure that they were in compliance with the law. It's not like they asked for your name and address as they did years ago.
    No, they weren't. How many people who answered in the affirmative did they verify with documentation?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    1506530_10205520430157275_2597110869681557061_n.jpg

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A couple weeks ago I bought some pistol cleaning wipes at Dick's... you know those cute little circles of white fabric you push through your barrel? I was asked the very same 2 questions, (1) what is your birth date and (2) are you a legal citizen of the US? The clerk just said... "oh gun stuff, we gotta ask questions for all of it" They're just too "anti" for me, I don't need to ever go back

mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    It certainly can get frustrating. I try to let my displeasure show with the little kid behind the cash register. The problem is certainly higher up.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Your statement is overbroad as it provides no exceptions. Non-citizens and non-resident aliens may legally purchase ammunition.

Why? Because you say so? I quoted the law, and the one exception where they can legally purchase ammunition - if they hold a valid hunting license. What other exceptions are you aware of?

TWEAKD4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    NE Indiana
    I bought a Remington 870 and two boxes of Blazer 9mm in Fort Wayne Dicks and was not asked any question regarding my residence at the time of purchase. Obviously I filled out FFL paperwork for the shotgun so maybe they skipped over it.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I scored three 100 rd CCI Mini mags at Walmart for $7.47 each. Mrs Glue was with me so she got three as well. The Guy asked if I was a US citizen and I answered yes, Cuzz I am. He then said this isn't for a handgun is it? Feeling prompted by the way he asked the question I replied with a no.

My first thought was to ask what a handgun had to do with it, but then started thinking about if they have a wig section in the store and lost my train of thought about the handgun question.

Why the wig? So that I could put on a disguise and return for another 300 rounds. :shady:
    didnt you just score 4 huge buckets of .22?
    you hoard so no one else can have any. Nice guy

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why? Because you say so? I quoted the law, and the one exception where they can legally purchase ammunition - if they hold a valid hunting license. What other exceptions are you aware of?

Because I say so? Trying to blame federal law on me? No way, Jose.:D

hk, your statement is overbroad as you failed to include:

1. official representative of a foreign government;
    2. offical of foreign government or distinguished visitator (as tapped by the Dept. of State);
    3. foreign law enforcement officer of friendly foreign government;
    4. alient admitted to USA for hunting or sporting purposes;
    5. or, alien in possession of hunting license or permit.

Just wanting to ensure people got the full picture as the notion that no one but US citizens and resident aliens can purchase ammunition is incorrect.

eabarkley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Sheridan
    I scored three 100 rd CCI Mini mags at Walmart for $7.47 each. Mrs Glue was with me so she got three as well. The Guy asked if I was a US citizen and I answered yes, Cuzz I am. He then said this isn't for a handgun is it? Feeling prompted by the way he asked the question I replied with a no.

My first thought was to ask what a handgun had to do with it, but then started thinking about if they have a wig section in the store and lost my train of thought about the handgun question.

Why the wig? So that I could put on a disguise and return for another 300 rounds. :shady:

Yes, just yes.

I have purchased ammo from Dick's, around Westfield and Noblesville, without any questions prompted . . . weird. Maybe it's a way to accurately gauge product orders in the future?

Maybe it's a sneaky way to track who is buying what, and where, so the Gostopo can stop by our houses. Not sure, yet!

Top Bottom