• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Something I hadn't given a thought to, dogfood.

We have plenty for our hoard but our son in KC needed a bag of puppy food for his mutt. He drove all over town with out finding any. Finally found some at Sam's. Got the last bag of puppy food in the store. And they were limiting people to one bag.

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk
    Even though I had just refilled the pups dog food container 2 weeks ago (44 pounds) Last Saturday I bought aanother bag, and had stocked up on a 30 day supply of green beans that I add to their food to help keep them from gaining weight and it keeps their coats shiny. My pups mean everything to me. I'll go without food before they miss a meal. My oldest pup is a rescue pup and her former family fed her garbage and trash. When me and the late Mrs. IBM got her, she was so thin it was unreal. We was told she was eating grass, leaves, twigs and bugs to stay alive, all while being chained to a fence on a 8 foot chain. Took us a year for her stop going after bugs and moths to eat. They eat before me always.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    For whatever reason, pork is plentiful and cheap when everything else is gone.

In a few odd ways, it's like someone asked me what good things I would want from an apocalypse and then gave them to me.

-Cheap pork
    -All Californians, New Yorkers, and Chicagoans have to stay home.
    -EVERYBODY is talking about guns and pooping.
    -I might get a 2 week vacation right at spring time.

I know that list of pros won't counter the cons, and won't be pros for everybody, but I'll take it.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    In a few odd ways, it's like someone asked me what good things I would want from an apocalypse and then gave them to me.

-Cheap pork
    -All Californians, New Yorkers, and Chicagoans have to stay home.
    -EVERYBODY is talking about guns and pooping.
    -I might get a 2 week vacation right at spring time.

I know that list of pros won't counter the cons, and won't be pros for everybody, but I'll take it.

You have just proved you are a 10 year old boy. :)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Everyone says supply chain will not be disrupted and stores will stay stocked..... how long will truck drivers stay on the road with no where to eat or shower?

More and more places are letting truckers buy at the drive up window if they see the truck. Lots of people on Facebook commenting about picking up food for them, even some LEO's getting food for them.

Truckers are our lifeline right now. If they fold up, the country collapses and will fall in to a deadly tailspin. They are stepping up to the plate, and hitting homeruns to keep this country moving and living.

Wish I still had my CDL, but health issues prevented that 2.5 years ago, Hopefully my recovery will allow me to return in the next 4 months.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Truck stops are open with hot food restaurants are closed we can get showers as well. Basically go as fast you can go long as you can go I don’t really care I can get by on some potted meat and crackers with coffee. All is good gotta keep stuff moving or we all shutdown.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Truck stops are open with hot food restaurants are closed we can get showers as well. Basically go as fast you can go long as you can go I don’t really care I can get by on some potted meat and crackers with coffee. All is good gotta keep stuff moving or we all shutdown.

Out of curiosity, do you mean that literally? Last week I saw a few guys running down 20 in a known speed trap just really pushing their luck. Like one guy had to be running 65 in a 50. I didn't have the guts to keep up with him and I'm on 4 wheels and my license isn't my paycheck. Are cops turning their heads as long as you're not crazy about it?

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Crime upticks

Anybody seeing any specific crime upticks in their AO?

This is a hard one to quantify, and it takes some digging to verify that it’s related to the Flugaloo, but I’d like to hear evidence-based occurrences of criminality base on current conditions.

For instance:

Primo’s, a small event venue on the south side of Indy was burgled last night. The venue was cleared out of toilet paper, paper towels, food, beer and sodas, some loose bottles of liquor and cleaning supplies. I’ve not heard of any previous break-ins, and that’s an awful specific haul of loot.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I keep hearing more and more rumors of road travel shutdowns. The first one was DHS and National Guard. The second was FBI. Then one that had DHS, FBI, National Guard and military,and some federal act cited (already in play).
    The latest is just an Indiana by Monday from "reliable source".
    I think if they included the Men In Black, Avengers and the Justice League it would be more credible. I have not really believed it just yet. The most recent "Reliable Source" was from a friend of a friend and I trust my immediate friend, but I obviously cannot verify his source so, I do not trust it completely.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010

This is a hard one to quantify, and it takes some digging to verify that it’s related to the Flugaloo, but I’d like to hear evidence-based occurrences of criminality base on current conditions.

For instance:

Primo’s, a small event venue on the south side of Indy was burgled last night. The venue was cleared out of toilet paper, paper towels, food, beer and sodas, some loose bottles of liquor and cleaning supplies. I’ve not heard of any previous break-ins, and that’s an awful specific haul of loot.
    I checked with a police friend a couple of days ago and he had not noticed an uptick. He is not Indy, and a day or 2 can make a difference. Take that for what it is worth. I would expect it to rise, but not sure when, where and how much.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

For instance:

My LEO people say it is eerily quite right now.
    Calm before the storm.....???

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    As you continue to grow financially and in your preps, start branching out into multiple modes of payment for things. Keep some cash at home, maybe get some precious metals, etc. Try to get up a month worth of whatever combination of those things you choose and then decide if you want to go further...

So... Food for thought.

Absolutely.

Part of that improvement over young and dumb debt means I have enough credit cards at a $0 balance to last for a bit. Also have a little cash that I normally would not, and another bank account that I transferred money into as mentioned (hopefully the transfer goes through, but even so I'm still set).

The main thing missing is cash in a fire/water resistant safe. Assuming we actually get stimulus checks, I'll likely be stimulating Tractor Supply for a quality safe.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    With all the closures places for truck drivers to stop could become limited or non existent. I mean you guys act as if you know the final results of this it’s all speculation. And with the schools closing, people being asked to stay home, I don’t believe it is too far fetched to believe truck drivers would want to stay home also. I know it seems unlikely but I bet if we asked the same people saying trucks stopping is not possible 2 months ago if they thought us schools were going to be shut down and whole states be put on house arrest they would probably have answered the same “that will never happen”

i don’t want to be right but I don’t think it is far fetched.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As long as there are goods to move, someone will take your $$$ to move them. Prices may go up, but then again, fuel prices are way down.

Trains are running this morning. Hear the horns in the distance right now.

And teachers didn't WANT to stay home. They were forced. Restaurants and other businesses don't WANT to close. They were forced. Trucks will stop when there is nothing to ship, or the State forces them to stop.

IronsKeeper

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 5, 2018
    Not today, ISIS
    And with the schools closing, people being asked to stay home, I don’t believe it is too far fetched to believe truck drivers would want to stay home also.

Hmmm. Stay home with no money or go to work as a protected job status with built-in social distancing.

I mean, my wife wants me home, but I'm still at the firehouse on the ambulance today because that's what has to happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I guess that is true about the money especially if they temporarily changed laws etc to keep them running. I think people did want to stay home I think people are scared.

I guess I just see the supply chain as fragile. Lots of moving parts that all have to be in line in order to function as a whole.

Top Bottom