• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Cash is handy and credit cards are hard to bribe anybody with. Call it what you want but over the years I've found that cash bribes work when you really need to get something done.

Always follow the money, because it can get things you want done.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Cash is handy and credit cards are hard to bribe anybody with. Call it what you want but over the years I've found that cash bribes work when you really need to get something done.

Always follow the money, because it can get things you want done.

Always keep a couple 50’s tucked inside my wallet. Great problem solvers, lubricants, “tips, mad money...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Thunderbird was what I saw most in alleys back in the 70s and 80s. :alcoholic:

We carried The Bird, MD 20/20 and the prestigious Boones Farm products, but we also carried a ton of expensive stuff, like $900 750ml bottles of champagne to go along with the Miller Lite and Coors products.:alcoholic:

Funny thing is I delivered maybe close to 10 million cases in over the 30 years I was in the business, I don't miss the delivering, I do miss the customers and friendships I had because of my job.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We carried The Bird, MD 20/20 and the prestigious Boones Farm products, but we also carried a ton of expensive stuff, like $900 750ml bottles of champagne to go along with the Miller Lite and Coors products.:alcoholic:

Funny thing is I delivered maybe close to 10 million cases in over the 30 years I was in the business, I don't miss the delivering, I do miss the customers and friendships I had because of my job.

Instead of the Boone's Farm, we used to like the TJ Swann... but the Little Kings were for party time.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Financial institutions have cash allowances and reserves. This is mandated by the FDIC and the NCUA (similar to FDIC for credit unions). If their people are smart, they will have upped this amount for a run. They will also be ready to make deals on collections issues too, so they do not have defaults on loans and lose their fannies on this. This is how the financial institutions make most of the income/equity. They charge more on interest for loans than the pay out in interest/dividends. They also can make money on fees and investments of the deposit money, but this is highly regulated, and often cannot be in super risky things. The last several years have been hard for financial institutions in that the interest spread (difference between loan rates and savings) has been real thin. That does not mean unmanageable, but you can bet they will be watching every penny to cut cost. All that said, I would expect to see more automation of stuff that was typically run by a person like ITMS (Interactive Teller Machine) that do some things an ATM could not and more remote deposit capture (taking a picture of your check and getting it deposited remotely). I am not too worried about the banking industry just yet. To me the biggest threat is loss of employment and defaults on loans. A big takeaway for me and many of you is get out of debt as fast as you can. It is one thing to have a car loan, and a mortgage, but having high credit card debt (unsecured) and several car loans on top of all of that, and it can be bad personally. This is not judgement, so do not read it that way, but I am going to be making efforts to pay down my mortgage a little more aggressively and trying to spend less. That makes prepping hard, but that is my mandate for myself.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Picking up meds saw a passed out person on the ground who was throwing up just as paramedics in some haphazard protective gear were checking him out. No masks on....hope he didn't have the virus.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Walmart starts Soviet Era Food Lines today. Castle fences to herd the masses into the infection queue, only 5 people per 1000 sq. ft. allowed at a time. 1 for 1 replacement.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Walmart starts Soviet Era Food Lines today. Castle fences to herd the masses into the infection queue, only 5 people per 1000 sq. ft. allowed at a time. 1 for 1 replacement.

feelbern.jpg

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield

I suppose allowing 1000 people in so you are packed in like sardines and increasing your chances of getting infected is something you desire. At least they are making a conscious effort to keep some sort of distance between customers and employees to cut down on the chances.

Or would you prefer they take your forehead temp 500 foot out in the parking lot next to a 50 deep pit and execute you if you're above 98.6.:ar15:

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If **** gets bad enough that you can't send money as normal (i.e. using debit / credit cards), then a horde of cash isn't going to help much.

I think we will see a big trend toward cashless because of the virus. A self-pay kiosk to avoid passing cash back and forth is what I’m thinking.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I suppose allowing 1000 people in so you are packed in like sardines and increasing your chances of getting infected is something you desire. At least they are making a conscious effort to keep some sort of distance between customers and employees to cut down on the chances.

Or would you prefer they take your forehead temp 500 foot out in the parking lot next to a 50 deep pit and execute you if you're above 98.6.:ar15:

wally.jpg

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-will-count-shoppers-limit-how-many-can-enter-2020-4

So...5 people per 1000 square feet is 900 people. Just 100 short of a sardine can, I suppose.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Ran to Greencycle this morning. Slick system, and I hope they keep it. Pull up in front of what you want loaded, call the office number, give credit card info, they radio a loader driver, you get loaded, and drive away. In and out in under 10 minutes.

Now, to finish digging this french drain, so I have somewhere for all this gravel.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Ran to Greencycle this morning. Slick system, and I hope they keep it. Pull up in front of what you want loaded, call the office number, give credit card info, they radio a loader driver, you get loaded, and drive away. In and out in under 10 minutes.

Now, to finish digging this french drain, so I have somewhere for all this gravel.
    Fastenall, Reynolds, Drainage Solutions, many others just like this. It works great until you need to point at a picture.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Yep, I got to experience this first hand just a couple of hours ago. Went to pick up a few things from the garden department, parked where I usually do (at the merchandise end of the store) only to find out that entrance was closed. Had to walk down to the opposite end of the store (grocery entrance) to get in and they had a guy keeping count of people that were coming and going. Apparently a lot of people were doing the same thing as me, because the parking lot where I parked was as full as it usually is.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Avon Kroger was about normal thus am. I hate grocery shopping anyway. I like the idea of going to one way lanes ... would make it less likely to have a cart jam in the middle of one.

Just restocking what we have used.

Top Bottom