• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Saturday I took out a cheap Armi San Marco 1851 navy conversion I have in .38 special. I think I enjoyed it as much as my glock 27 and my .45. I've also got a cheap .22lr single action. Just kinda curious about what single actions in any caliber everyone here likes, single actions are moving up on the must buy list.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Hope you continue to have good luck with it. I had am ASM 1873 SAA wannabe that was fun to shoot and looked great. After about 100rds it began to misfire. Ruger is hard to beat function wise, Uberti makes some awesome lookers that usually work well too. I have a Blackhawk 45 and am mulling a Single Six in 4 5/8" with fixed sights on sale at Davidsons. The SS with fixed look good to me too!

www.GalleryOfGuns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

www.GalleryOfGuns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    We had some issues with a screw but some blue locktite will take care of that. Hoping that'll be the only issue with it and if it is, it'll continue being a fun plinker.

That blued one is pretty. I think I'm wanting to look into .44 or .45lc and get a carbine to match. I've been drooling over quite a few on gunbroker and some of the Ubertis do look pretty. The Ruger Blackhawk convertible .45lc/.45acp looks nice.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    I've lusted after a rRger Blackhawk .357 for quite a while, but other things, and other guns, seem to keep coming up, lol.

I just don't find the .44 mag or .45LC as enjoyable to shoot for me as a .357

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I love Single Actions. Got some from Colt and several from Ruger in .357, .44 Mag, and .44 Special. They are just fun to shoot.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Sepe, glad to hear your 1851 cartridge gun is running good. I've always thought that would be a fun type of gun, ie.. blackpowder look and handling with smokeless cartridge convenience. If I had it to do over, I would certainly give the Blackhawk 45Colt/45acp combo hard consideration. Mine is 45 Colt only and I have ammo and brass from back before things got so high priced but if buying now I think it would be well to have the 45 acp cylinder also. It would pay for itself very quickly.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    First year production Ruger Blackhawk 45ACP/45 Colt convertible, was my Christmas present when I was 14.

rugerom1b.jpg

Ruger Flattop in 44 Special, the book was removed from the barrel, rebluing and case colors by Turnbull

ruger3.jpg

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    First year production Ruger Blackhawk 45ACP/45 Colt convertible, was my Christmas present when I was 14.

rugerom1b.jpg

Ruger Flattop in 44 Special, the book was removed from the barrel, rebluing and case colors by Turnbull

ruger3.jpg

Beautiful! Love the Ruger single actions. I have Blackhawks, old style Vaqueros, and a couple of Single 6's. I am always on the lookout for 3-screws and a 44 special is my next purchase. Nice collection you have there.

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    I have a weakness for the old model Rugers.
    Picking a favorite would be tough, but a 41 or 44 mag usually
    finds its way into the range bag when I head to the range.

Old model 45 Colt convertible
    Img_1110a.jpg

44 Flattops, 6 1/2 and 7 1/2 inch barrels
    Img_0490-1a.jpg

Old model Super Blackhawk
    earlysuper-1.jpg

Hawkeye single shot 256 Winchester Magnum
    hawkeye01a.jpg

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

rugerom1b.jpg

ruger3.jpg

I really like that Flattop. Looks like you had a much better Christmas at 14 than I did.

Got some nice stuff there Corky

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I have this Interarms Virginian dragoon in .44 mag I love it I had two ruger super blackhawks and I ended up trading them both and keeping this. I still love single action guns.

INTERARMSVIRGINIANDRAGOON44MAG.jpg

Last edited:

kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    I'm up to six of these dragoons. I'm waiting till Christmas to receive my siloette model in 44 mag. I expect it to be awesome as it was made with a 10 1/2" bull barrel. I am also looking foward to receiving a .357 with a 12" barrel in about 2 weeks. All the ones I have are as good an any revolver I've ever handled.

sb22lr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2010
    I have put around 500 rounds through my Cimmaron Plinkerton 22LR without a problem. Bought it for around $140 at Cabela's a few years ago. Cheap fun

SundayShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Hancock County
    My personal favorite is my Uberti Buntline .357 with the 18" barrel. Yes, I said 18". Not only is it great to shoot and accurate as all get out(target sights), it really gets everyone's attention at the range when you pull it out.

Top Bottom