• DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
    xxxxxxxx up the scenery, breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
    lol...an old Tesla throw back.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Signs, signs, everywhere there's signs
    xxxxxxxx up the scenery, breakin' my mind
    Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
    lol...an old Tesla throw back.

Uh, that would be an 'old' Tesla throw back to an OLD song by the Five Man Electrical Band. :yesway:

IMO, if someone is OC'ing in a place with 'no gun' signs, they're doing so for the specific purpose of being confrontational, not for personal protection.

Intentionally creating an issue does nothing to further the cause of pro-2A. In fact, it does just the opposite, and simply pushes the non-gun / neutral people toward the anti-gun side of the issue.

It makes no sense whatsoever for a gun-toter and pro-gun advocate to intentionally influence the 'fence-sitters' into the anti-gun camp. In this environment, the pro-gun issues are OFTEN won by a narrow margin.

Every vote and ever 'neutral' voter pushed toward the anti-gunners just makes it that much harder to accomplish the goals these same pro-gunners 'demand'.

If someone is TRULY carrying a handgun for protection, then in areas where it might be an issue or challenge, simply CC at those times, and OC in areas that it's not an issue.

If the philosophy is 'so reprehensible', then it's likely the person carrying is doing so not for actual protection of life and limb, but simple to create problems where none need exist.

In which case, one is compelled to question whether these people are actually PRO-gun, or anti-gunners attempting to make pro-gun folks intentionally look bad, in order to place even more restrictions on law-abiding citizens who legally carry. They're trying as best they can to make ALL gun-owners look like such belligerent nuts that the ultimate result will be no one will be able to carry.

MAYBE that IS the objective. MAYBE the mindset is, "If I can't carry however I want, whenever I want, disregarding anyone and everyone else, then NO ONE can carry!" Folks with that mindset are NO 'friend' to legal gun owners and law-abiding citizens, whether they personally own a gun or not.

IF the ultimate goal is, ultimately, 'Constitutional carry', then there's a more rational way to do it than being confrontational at every turn.

Not 'my opinion', folks. That's the way it really IS out there.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Westfield Mall in Hobart / Merrillville is not carry friendly. This is the only place I have ever had a negative encounter regarding carrying, they asked me to return the firearm to my vehicle. This wasn't even inside the main part of the mall, but at a Chik-Fil-A which is one of the outbuildings on the mall property. I have heard that there is a sign posted at one of the mall entrances, but I don't know that for a fact. I don't shop at Westfield anymore, so I have no reason to go there.

FFEMT

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2012
    Madison Co.
    I just made a post to make unaware gun owners aware. I also found the guards way of handling things very unprofessional. I wasn't aware Simon malls had a policy on guns and I hadn't seen a sign anywhere. Now I know and will follow their rules, simple as that!

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    The Macy's at Westfield Mall, Hobart has a no firearms sign. I checked another mall entrance there, no sign.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I realize this is an old thread but I had an experience at Hamilton Town Center off I-69 210 exit. I walked out of Kays jewerly store and was OCing like I do most days. As I'm walking to my car I realized I was being stared down by mall security. Now I realize that he is just doing his job but the way he did it was very unprofessional. He ran across the road and came up to me.

Security: Hey pal!
    Me: Yes sir?
    Security: This is private property and you need to put that damn thing in your car if you're going to be here. (he says this while pointing at my gun)
    Me: Excuse me? You don't have to be an ass about it, for one. For two, I realize this private property but you might want to put up signs saying no guns allowed. For three, I am getting ready to leave anyways. I come here regularly and have OCed in many stores here, and have passed by many security guards. Nothing has ever been said to me. Thank you for telling me, but now I won't be back. For some reason if I am back, I will carry concealed. Now stop and think how many people here have guns that you can't see. Next time don't be an ass to someone who is trying to exercise his/her right and follow the rules
    Security: (has a dip in and spits right at my feet) Whatever sir!
    Me: (just walked away)

I use to dip and I understand you have to spit, but don't do it at someones feet! Very unprofessional! My girlfriend works at that mall and I am there at least 3 or 4 days out of the week. I have never been told that I had to leave my gun in my car while I was there. The people who work at Kay's even thanked me for OCing. If he thought I was going to rob somewhere, then I'm pretty sure I would have robbed the jewerly store I just walked out of! Now I know that you have to leave your gun in your car at that mall. I just thought the whole situation was very unprofessional.

I live near HTC "outdoor mall" - the individual shop are at their own discretion to allow carry: OC, CC or No C ... been to an OC event in the Irish Pub. Know a guy who OC'd an AR (temporarily ) to the video store for Black Ops Release (real AR). :n00b: store OK w/ it; mall ratcop, no.

Just some added info.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I realize this is an old thread but I had an experience at Hamilton Town Center off I-69 210 exit. I walked out of Kays jewerly store and was OCing like I do most days. As I'm walking to my car I realized I was being stared down by mall security. Now I realize that he is just doing his job but the way he did it was very unprofessional. He ran across the road and came up to me.

Security: Hey pal!
    Me: Yes sir?
    Security: This is private property and you need to put that damn thing in your car if you're going to be here. (he says this while pointing at my gun)
    Me: Excuse me? You don't have to be an ass about it, for one. For two, I realize this private property but you might want to put up signs saying no guns allowed. For three, I am getting ready to leave anyways. I come here regularly and have OCed in many stores here, and have passed by many security guards. Nothing has ever been said to me. Thank you for telling me, but now I won't be back. For some reason if I am back, I will carry concealed. Now stop and think how many people here have guns that you can't see. Next time don't be an ass to someone who is trying to exercise his/her right and follow the rules
    Security: (has a dip in and spits right at my feet) Whatever sir!
    Me: (just walked away)

I use to dip and I understand you have to spit, but don't do it at someones feet! Very unprofessional! My girlfriend works at that mall and I am there at least 3 or 4 days out of the week. I have never been told that I had to leave my gun in my car while I was there. The people who work at Kay's even thanked me for OCing. If he thought I was going to rob somewhere, then I'm pretty sure I would have robbed the jewerly store I just walked out of! Now I know that you have to leave your gun in your car at that mall. I just thought the whole situation was very unprofessional.

You should have started a new thread. I just repped someone for a post made in 2010! Now I look like an idiot.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I have been in several Simon Malls, going back several years, and have never seen such a sign until yesterday at Keystone. The only reason I even noticed it is because I specifically looked for such after reading stuff on this board.

They have a "rules of conduct" (or something like that) prohibiting firearms and other instruments capable of inflicting injury. Not wanting to cause any problems, I went back out to the car and removed everything from my pockets, belt, shoelaces and eyeglasses. Some of my credit cards are a bit sharp, so I left them in the car. During the process inflicted a paper cut from a crisp $20 bill, so removed all my money from my wallet. After all this, I figured there wasn't much reason to go back in, so I went to Walmart.

Now I understand why the guy was trying to cut off his arms at Home Depot.

He didn't want to enter with his "Lethal Weapons"! :laugh:

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    I kinda wonder if it's time that we put some "weapon" signage requirements into law.

No thanks!

I like the fact, all they can do is ask you to leave. Doesn't create any legal issues.

It'd suck to carry somewhere and miss a sign and get fined or lose your right to carry.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom