• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    Does anyone know if the Simons mall are posted no firearms? I was told that some are and some aren't. Really interested in Lafayette and castlton those are about the only 2 we go too.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Does anyone know if the Simons mall are posted no firearms? I was told that some are and some aren't. Really interested in Lafayette and castlton those are about the only 2 we go too.

Generally Simons Malls are posted as Non-Firearms.
    However, the sign has zero wieght of Law behind it here in Indiana. That being said, if they ask you to leave because of your Firearm, you must or risk being charged with Tresspass.

On a side note I have OC'd in both on probably 80% of my trips to them... :dunno:
    The other20% was CC...

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    none around me are posted but i did get the boot from the muncie mall and they told me that their policy state that no firearms unless you are a police officer. i didn't really care to argue the fact that their policy doesn't make exceptions for leo because i was already on my way out anyways.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've heard stories that the mall cops are generally pro-carry and will look the other way if they see you carrying, unless you force them to take action (for example, by OC'ing).

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I am sorry to say but no matter what if you go to Lafayette Square Mall you had better be packing. There has been a lot of shooting at that Mall in the past. I dont even go there just for that reason.
    It has a terrible reputation. Too many bad things happen out in their parking lot and not being protected is not for me. A place better secure me if they are to tell me I can carry to protect myself. It is up to that place to provide me with security then. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time is very possible there. If they tell me I cant carry there and I feel the place is unsafe then I will avoid it. Too many othere places to shop.

Dashman010

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Downtown, Indy
    Generally Simons Malls are posted as Non-Firearms.
    However, the sign has zero wieght of Law behind it here in Indiana.

I don't think this latter sentence is correct. The statute reads:

(a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent; ... commits criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of this section when the person has been denied entry by means of:
    (1) personal communication, oral or written;
    (2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public

In other words, if there is a sign likely to come to the attention of the public (think large, very conspicuous), and you ignore it, you are already trespassing, without ever having to be asked to leave.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    In other words, if there is a sign likely to come to the attention of the public (think large, very conspicuous), and you ignore it, you are already trespassing, without ever having to be asked to leave.
    I have been in several Simon Malls, going back several years, and have never seen such a sign until yesterday at Keystone. The only reason I even noticed it is because I specifically looked for such after reading stuff on this board.

They have a "rules of conduct" (or something like that) prohibiting firearms and other instruments capable of inflicting injury. Not wanting to cause any problems, I went back out to the car and removed everything from my pockets, belt, shoelaces and eyeglasses. Some of my credit cards are a bit sharp, so I left them in the car. During the process inflicted a paper cut from a crisp $20 bill, so removed all my money from my wallet. After all this, I figured there wasn't much reason to go back in, so I went to Walmart.

Water63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    West Central IN
    We just got back from the mall in Lafayette no sign was noticed at the doors we went through.

PS the Lafaette Square mall is not on my list I go to Lafayette Indiana Mall.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't think this latter sentence is correct. The statute reads:

(a) A person who:
    (1) not having a contractual interest in the property, knowingly or intentionally enters the real property of another person after having been denied entry by the other person or that person's agent; ... commits criminal trespass, a Class A misdemeanor.

(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of this section when the person has been denied entry by means of:
    (1) personal communication, oral or written;
    (2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the attention of the public

Yes, that's true for a "no trespassing" sign, not a "no firearms" sign. Saying no firearms is like saying no purple shirts.

johncarbaugh

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Logansport
    I have seen a no weapons sign at the mall in Logansport if you can call it mall. How can you put a sign up for no guns or no weapons when you have a store that sells guns and weapons. Makes no sense to me.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I was at a Jeweler in Bloomington Simon Mall. I was purchasing something for my wife. I asked the manager if Simon had an issue with me carrying my sidearm and she said "As long as you have a permit, we're good with it." or something to that nature.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Does the MC Sports at the Tippecanoe mall carry guns or ammo? I guess it's not a big deal either way, because Dick's does, but I'm just wondering..

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I went in and out of Circle Centre by every entrance I could find and saw 1 sign, it's maybe 3' high by 2' wide and I would have missed it if I wasn't looking for it.

Also the sign I saw says all weapons are prohibited, doesn't allow LEO's to carry, if LEO's don't follow the sign I don't know why anyone else should.

Top Bottom