• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Haha...never. But at least their good taste makes up for their deficiency in driving or common sense.

hehe...

True...true...

BUT, driving skills absolutely SUCK across the board.

Doesn't matter if Joe Schmoe is in a $5000 beat up Cavalier or a $350,000 Bently.

When my wife's uncle recently bought his new Vette (2011 model...bright yellow; has the hood scoop, but ain't the Z06), he got a FREE driving class out in Vegas. All he had to do was to get there and he got 3 days of driving instruction SPECIFIC to the Corvette.

If I'm ever fortunate enough to be independently wealthy (:laugh::laugh:), I'll take driving instruction BEFORE dropping coin on a high-dollar performance car or two.

Perceived douchyness associated with 'Vette drivers is that Corvettes are relatively easily affordable, therefore, a higher % of douches can afford them. Because if there's anything this world lacks, it ain't DBs.

-J-

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm happy I am in that 2% of Corvette owners that actually push their carsto their limit like they were intended to be driven, and not on the street.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Don't blame the tires. It was the loose nut behind the wheel. :D

Vettes have terrible rear traction and are terribly unbalanced cars that is why the Grandam vettes have big wings and extra body work on them.

2012-chevrolet-corvette-grand-am-prototpe-opt-1321392516.jpg

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Vettes have terrible rear traction and are terribly unbalanced cars that is why the Grandam vettes have big wings and extra body work on them.

2012-chevrolet-corvette-grand-am-prototpe-opt-1321392516.jpg

That is so untrue! It's amazing to me.... that "grand am vette" you pictured is the mid-engined prototype-style race car. The C5-R and now the C6-R are still front engine, rear trans, with wings and lips that ALL racecars get to maximize downforce.

"Unbalanced"? That's why they took the Leman's win. That's why they are some of the best handling supercars on the market at a fraction of the price. You want "unbalanced"? Try a 911. THose are inherently unbalanced.

The C4's were twitchy cars, no -doubt, but I have to TRY to spin it it actually lose control. Otherwise it steps out, hangs there a bit and comes back in line. When you get stupid from fear because of your lack of driving skills is when **** like this happens. Plus, racing on the street? SEriously? They both got wht they deserved IMO.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    That is so untrue! It's amazing to me.... that "grand am vette" you pictured is the mid-engined prototype-style race car. The C5-R and now the C6-R are still front engine, rear trans, with wings and lips that ALL racecars get to maximize downforce.

"Unbalanced"? That's why they took the Leman's win. That's why they are some of the best handling supercars on the market at a fraction of the price. You want "unbalanced"? Try a 911. THose are inherently unbalanced.

The C4's were twitchy cars, no -doubt, but I have to TRY to spin it it actually lose control. Otherwise it steps out, hangs there a bit and comes back in line. When you get stupid from fear because of your lack of driving skills is when **** like this happens. Plus, racing on the street? SEriously? They both got wht they deserved IMO.

actually that is the 2012 DP car. I race cars and am currently working on the new indy car. I know what unbalanced is. The production vettes are unballanced front to rear.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Then you must be stuck in the past. Back when big blocks weighed down the nose and they were still running on bias-plytires. C5-up are very balanced cars from the factory. Handling is on par with the best in the world. Unless you consider every other car in the world to be unbalanced as well.... then you are incorrect.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Mustang is a different category of car. They have models all the way from econo-grocery getter to some higher end serious performance machines. Kind of a sport/hot rod/personal car. I'll bet more mustangs are being driven on the road today, Wednesday the 30th, that the total number of Corvettes produced since I was in High School in the early 1970's. I am not stating the Mustang is faster than a corvette, just that it is a different tool for a different job.

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Just kind of sad they can't ever keep up with chevy on performance. Well there might be more on the road than corvettes but most mustangs were built to compete with camaro not corvettes, I don't hate ford or anything but they need to step up there game.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    Just kind of sad they can't ever keep up with chevy on performance. Well there might be more on the road than corvettes but most mustangs were built to compete with camaro not corvettes, I don't hate ford or anything but they need to step up there game.

Lol Super Snake is all I am goin to say as far as Mustangs not keeping up with the vette. IF you want to compare cars then its Mustang>Camaro and I guess it would be Ford GT>Vette. Sorry but I lost what little respect I had for GM when they sold out.

As far as keeping up with GM on performance. look at the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on the Mustang and Camaro. FYI lower is better. I find it odd that Ford cant keep up with GM as you say but the 5.0 Mustang is faster than the 6.2 Camaro.

I buy Ford because Obama couldn't.

bobzilla

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Lol Super Snake is all I am goin to say as far as Mustangs not keeping up with the vette. IF you want to compare cars then its Mustang>Camaro and I guess it would be Ford GT>Vette. Sorry but I lost what little respect I had for GM when they sold out.

As far as keeping up with GM on performance. look at the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times on the Mustang and Camaro. FYI lower is better. I find it odd that Ford cant keep up with GM as you say but the 5.0 Mustang is faster than the 6.2 Camaro.

And I save my money and drive old stuff until it turns to dirt. When I buy again, it'll likely be Korean. Ford can't keep from catching things on fire, and GM makes nothing I want. Chrysler... well, when they figure out how to build a transmission I MIGHT look again.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And I save my money and drive old stuff until it turns to dirt. When I buy again, it'll likely be Korean. Ford can't keep from catching things on fire, and GM makes nothing I want. Chrysler... well, when they figure out how to build a transmission I MIGHT look again.

Don't forget a body. We considered a Dodge Ram when we were truck buying but kept coming back to the reality that within 5 years they look like 20-year-old beaters.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't forget a body. We considered a Dodge Ram when we were truck buying but kept coming back to the reality that within 5 years they look like 20-year-old beaters.

I think they have done something about that recenty. My 2002 was just starting to get a very slight bit of rust on the seam at the bottom of the tailgate when my son totaled it in February. I was amazed at how clean and rust free the underbody of that truck was after 8 Indiana winters.

Hondo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    TAKE A LOOK TO THE LEFT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

My C4 and my C6.....fortunately I haven't raced or wrecked them.

The C4 is a little doggy but the C6.....WOW, what a machine.

With the low end torque you can get these loose in no time but they are a blast to drive......:rockwoot:

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011

If you put an equal model head to head just about every gm wins. Ford GT vs ZR1 etcc.. you have to put them up against each others competitive model. I will admit the new 5.0s are good cars.. but that is pretty much the only model ford has made that can compete.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    say what you will but i absolutly loved my vette. obviously it was a 427 1969 vette (hints the 42769vette) to bad i got this crazy notion i needed a house worse than a car

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    say what you will but i absolutly loved my vette. obviously it was a 427 1969 vette (hints the 42769vette) to bad i got this crazy notion i needed a house worse than a car

Had a friend in high school who's father owned the same car. Far and away the fastest vehicle I've ever been in. I have no idea if the engine was stock, I know from the sound of it that the exhaust definitely wasn't. Had another friend who had access to a 69 Dodge GTS 440 that wouldn't touch it.

Top Bottom