• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    42769vette, How could you need a house more than a car? You can't even drive a house to the drive in to get a coney dog and a root beer! ;-)

A fun to drive car is always a good thing. I went off the car hobby and ended up liking motorcycles. True 11 second cars were pretty few and far between and 11 second bikes were easy to buy right off the showroom floor, AND they could go around corners AND they could drive past a gas station. I still have a sweet spot in my heart for those lumpy idling, old big block muscle cars that shook the ground at stop lights. Unfortunatley, I have not had anything fun to drive since my old 71 Skylark GS (one of 1600 ever made with a 4 on the floor). It wouldn't go around corners, it wouldn't turn 11 second quarters and it sure could not pass a gas station, but is was fun to drive. (And I sold it before buying my first house)

Now a drive a Grand Marquis at the speed limit. Not fun, but gets me there and back smooth, quiet, comfortable and without speeding tickets. If I was 24, I would be looking at one of the quicker Mustangs that would be none of those things.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I watched the video at least 5 times and I am still amazed. Stupitity at its' best.

I was finally able to watch it once I got home yesterday afternoon...

Love it!

There's a big part of me that just LOVES watching things like this....

What happens when you mix a high HP rear-wheel drive vehicle (probably with cold tires) with a low-octane driver? CRASH! :D:D

Edit: When I was in HS, my dad purchased himself a 1980 L-82 'Vette... SHARP looking car. But rattly, hot, and not at all quick. Probably a very good thing it didn't have any more torque than it did, it'd have been dangerous for me - being an almost wholly inexperienced driving a RWD vehicle. It was decently fast once it got going; but it certainly wasn't powerful enough to do much more than chirp the tires "off the line". I almost ended up a big grease stain outside of New Market, IN (intersection of 600S and 200W)...decided that the car was PLENTY fast enough for me without trying to peg the needle all the time (at a paltry 85mph)

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'VE made all my cars fun to drive. Some are just really slow in a straight line. I don't put much into drag racing or straight line speed because to ME, it's boring as hell. I like the twisties. There's something to be said about outrunning a couple bikes on twisties in an overpowered Geo Metro on steroids. (Suzuki Swift GT) Or even more fun is demolishing some Bavarian creme puffs that think they are in the "ultimate driving machine" with a 8 year old Korean econocar.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'VE made all my cars fun to drive. Some are just really slow in a straight line. I don't put much into drag racing or straight line speed because to ME, it's boring as hell. I like the twisties. There's something to be said about outrunning a couple bikes on twisties in an overpowered Geo Metro on steroids. (Suzuki Swift GT) Or even more fun is demolishing some Bavarian creme puffs that think they are in the "ultimate driving machine" with a 8 year old Korean econocar.

I've seen him drive in both of these cars, he's capable of doing it too ;)

Top Bottom