• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    After shooting IndianaJoes's 226 and my Dad getting a 229. I want to add a sig to my collection when funds allow me to do so. A local shop has a 2022 9mm for $500. My Dad owned one a while back and he really liked it. So, I'm curious if anyone else ownes or has owned one, and what your opnions are of this model.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Had one, one of the true guns I loved. Was a bedside gun for a while, but hated carrying it, a bit THICK (like how I like my women). The ONLY reason I got rid of it was the carrying aspect. Mags are cheaper than most Sig mags comparatively, it's just as accurate and reliable as the Sig classic line. The Price is a little whacked (unless it's new), especially with the police trade ins floating around for 400 or less. I've seen 9mm ones go for less than 450 used. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, $500 for one, even NIB is too much money for one.

Unless it also comes with a pile of magazines and/or holsters.

Shop around, peruse the classifieds. You'll come across one at a better price.

-J-

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE mine in 40. I really don't have any carry issues but I am still trying to nail down a good IWB as well. Carrying in a cheapy has been fine, granted I am coming from carrying a p11 which almost always was forgotten it was even there in terms of weight and being dug into my side.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

Sig-Bandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey Patriot just letting you know that mine at the shop comes with factory night sights, the reason for the increased cost. Have a Merry Christmas and tell Dad the same for me.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey Patriot just letting you know that mine at the shop comes with factory night sights, the reason for the increased cost. Have a Merry Christmas and tell Dad the same for me.

Will do, and I hope, you and you family have a safe and happy Holiday.

Last edited:

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A

Sig-bandit, Where are you located in Columbus? I always like to stop by local shops when I have time.

Thanks.

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    love my 40. i think they look really cool too.

it's always in my bedside minivault with a streamlight on the front. thinking about getting a crimson trace grip for it.

i first saw this gun in the movie the bourne identity and ran right to the computer to look it up. it was the first gen. i ended up with the 2022. my first sig. now i have three.

Last edited:

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Got a new CDNN catalog last week and don't see any 2022s in it. Top Gun who sells these for $399.99 is in Ohio. So.... I still have to pay shipping and a transfer fee right? TGs ad says" standard fixed sights", so that has me doubting their guns have the Siglites. Anyone know for sure? A gunshop near me has had them NIB both with and w/o the night sights lately. These guys want $499.99 for a NIB 2022 in 40 cal w/ the Siglites and this shop is usually the very highest on prices in my area but I don't want to order one in order to save $50 at the expense of not having the night sights.
    So I guess my question is how to get a gun from a vendor in another state w/o paying shipping and a local FFL fee.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Got a new CDNN catalog last week and don't see any 2022s in it. Top Gun who sells these for $399.99 is in Ohio. So.... I still have to pay shipping and a transfer fee right? TGs ad says" standard fixed sights", so that has me doubting their guns have the Siglites. Anyone know for sure? A gunshop near me has had them NIB both with and w/o the night sights lately. These guys want $499.99 for a NIB 2022 in 40 cal w/ the Siglites and this shop is usually the very highest on prices in my area but I don't want to order one in order to save $50 at the expense of not having the night sights.
    So I guess my question is how to get a gun from a vendor in another state w/o paying shipping and a local FFL fee.

CDNN should still have them and if they do they are ones with night sights, just call them. either way $499 is a straight rip off and I would never buy it from them.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I'll give them a call Monday and see. How much are they at CDNN? I am trying to figure my get it home price. CDNN charges $10 shipping on firearms and I will have a transfer fee to account for. Still should be much less than $499.99 tho'...... if they still have any.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I'll give them a call Monday and see. How much are they at CDNN? I am trying to figure my get it home price. CDNN charges $10 shipping on firearms and I will have a transfer fee to account for. Still should be much less than $499.99 tho'...... if they still have any.

IIRC it was $379-$389

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I never shot one but I see a lot of those in France.
    It's the sidearm of the french gendarmerie, national police, french customs and other law enforcement agencies in the country.They will keep until 2022 (that's where the name comes from).
    Before being adopted 400 law enforcement officers fired 460 000 rounds thru a couple of models.I forgot how many guns they used and what other brand of gun if any was against the Sig.
    Anyway that was quite a torture test and like all Sigs this model did very good.

Top Bottom