• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    My grandfather is like this (somewhat) he's an Korean War vet. He saw my carrying my pistol one day and asked me why. I explained to him what everyone else would say. He told me that I shouldn't carry it and that he keeps his at home. He also told me I'd get in trouble one day. I told him that I'm very safe with it and have been trained. He then proceeds to tell me that I can't carry it into his home/barber shop. Which I will respect and that its lot a problem. But at my rehearsal dinner I was OC my pistol and he didn't say anything, not did anyone else.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Congrats on the new toy and choice to enjoy our American past time of firearms.

Don't let others sway your decisions. MANY people can be educated over time. SOME are simply morally against firearms for defense, but may still find them to be a fun sport/hobby. It's important to understand how to pick and choose your battles when dealing with those who are "abrasive" about firearms. I know or have met many women who have learned from first hand experience the benefits of carrying and why they NOW choose to include firearms in their personal defense plan. I'm glad to see some not having to make that decision through such negative experience.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    She's your mom, live with it. I would never advertise that I own particular gun on Facebook .
    Too many people see it. Here on INGO we can hope most will respect our rights...hopefully
    they won't blab about it if they happen to know who we are.
    I find it hard to believe you didn't know your mom's opinion on guns so ,posting where she'd
    see it seems silly. I would reassure her that you'll be very safe with it and not bring it around
    her. From now on keep new "toy " purchases off Facebook...it's safer all around, and easier on
    the eardrums...

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    I guess I'm lucky. My Mother is coming to visit and passing down my Grandpa's guns...1873 Springfield Trapdoor, 1896 Springfield and a revolutionary war musket (if my cousin doesn't take it....fingers crossed!).

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    She's your mom, live with it. I would never advertise that I own particular gun on Facebook .
    Too many people see it. Here on INGO we can hope most will respect our rights...hopefully
    they won't blab about it if they happen to know who we are.
    I find it hard to believe you didn't know your mom's opinion on guns so ,posting where she'd
    see it seems silly. I would reassure her that you'll be very safe with it and not bring it around
    her. From now on keep new "toy " purchases off Facebook...it's safer all around, and easier on
    the eardrums...

Id say it really depends on your "friends" on facebook. I dont have anyone on there that I do not know, and I have my privacy settings for only friends, so even friends of friends cannot see things on my page.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Have to confess I'm not that familiar with Facebook, but at any rate I would expect mom to
    be on one's friends list. Personally I hesitate to post pictures of guns here also...call me
    paranoid.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another advantage of open carry! :D Everyone has already seen my "toy", knows I carry, and knows I have guns at home. No explaining needed. Our girl still gets plenty of play dates with friends.

Seriously, though. If your mom (or any other family) isn't close enough to already know before it hits facebook, then they stopped being involved long ago. Don't sweat it.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Have to confess I'm not that familiar with Facebook, but at any rate I would expect mom to
    be on one's friends list. Personally I hesitate to post pictures of guns here also...call me
    paranoid.

No worries on it. Not everyone knows how it works, so its all good. I would assume most would have their mom on there as well (except my mom, cause she thinks the internet is evil), but there is also a way that you can block certain people from seeing certain pictures, or having it only available to see for certain people as well. I have some of mine posted, as I enjoyed the meet and shoots for the NWI area, and figured I would share what fun they were. Besides, my friends already know that I own more then a couple firearms, so this gives the ones that aren't in the area, (Im still in the military) to see some of the collection.

Top Bottom