• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Family is fickle and you only have one mom. Tell her you prefer to be called English now and you keep your ammo in the sugar jar. Bonus points if you know what I'm referencing.

Do the best you can with her and remember she'll come running to you when the zombie hordes rise up.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    My sister and bro-in-law were visiting this weekend from Chicago. We started talking about guns and she asked if I was carrying in the restaurant. I said I was and we had a nice conversation about why and when I started. She looked at her husband and asked, "Why are we living in Illinois (less than a mile from Indiana)?"

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My mother is anti-gun and pro-Obama but I still love her. She's one of the only people I conceal for. On the other hand my mother in-law is Canadian and I OC around her (when she's in the US!). It makes her feel safe and she says l'm like having a personal bodyguard.

Last edited:

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Most of my family are a bunch of idiots, besides mom. I would be delighted if my firearms scared them away! If you are like me consider yourself lucky.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Don't say rude stuff to mom. If she pushes the "toy" thing, do just let her know it's what men (and some ladies) call our recreational items nowadays. For goodness sake do not apologize. You've done nothing wrong. Above all, if she doesn't call back about it or bring it up again, let it die. It IS your business, but we're not supposed to tell those who bring us into the world to stay out of it.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    NO-BODY needs ...

... be on no FaceBook for ANY reason. You just proved it. EBG
    So, I posted a pic of a new gun on Facebook and called it my new ''toy." Did I make some kind a faux-pas that I am not aware of as a newbie? Most people appreciated and praised my new acquisition, until I got a text from my mom, who doesn't call or visit often and apparently has no knowledge of our new hobby, and desire to protect our family. (Her husband is a vet.)

She asks if I think it's funny to call a gun a toy, why did I think it was necessary to have one, and do I know that no one wants to come over to my house anymore if they know I have a gun.

Does everyone else have to deal with family like this? :dunno:

Do you warn everyone that comes over to your house? Should you tell the parents of kids coming over for a playdate, even if everything is ALWAYS locked up in a big safe?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm not aware of anyone in my family who is anti-gun, or at least anti-gun enough to ever comment on it. First pistol I ever shot was my mom's 9mm Sig...

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have a brother jn law who is 19 and thinks he knows what the world is all about with his heavy metal grunge emo kid friends who are into each other no matter if they are boys or girls. He thinks I am an SOB because I believe in the USA, The Constitution and The Bill of Rights. Oh and he thinks I am absolutely repulsive because I have firearms. I have done everything o accept him for who he is and his little light footed friends as well as I am a pretty resonable guy until I am attacked. He has recently blocked my wife and I on Facebook because of political views, he has seen our daughter 3 times for about 5 mknutes a piece since she was born 2 months ago and we have had to take her to their parents house so he could see her. My sister on the other hand has made time between having her 2 nd child 25 days after ours, taking care of her 5 year old, her husband, her home and a job as a school nurse to see my daughter atleast once a week. My parents in law are about the same way as their son and wont make an effort to drive 25 miles to see their grand daughter.
    Anyway my point is that every family has bumholes and all of them stink and you just have to get through it. It sucks because I was raised in a close family atmosphere and you would think my wife was as well because she is a sweetheart( a hospice RN so she has to be a wonderful person). But her family is so messed up its pathetic. Everything you know they know more, everything you do they do more its just never ending so we dont go around them much.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Family is a funny thing. When it really comes down to it they are all we really have in this world. You only have one mother, so love her and accept her and pray he does the same for you. We dont get to choose our parents, we only only get to endure them.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have a brother jn law who is 19 and thinks he knows what the world is all about with his heavy metal grunge emo kid friends who are into each other no matter if they are boys or girls. He thinks I am an SOB because I believe in the USA, The Constitution and The Bill of Rights. Oh and he thinks I am absolutely repulsive because I have firearms. I have done everything o accept him for who he is and his little light footed friends as well as I am a pretty resonable guy until I am attacked. He has recently blocked my wife and I on Facebook because of political views, he has seen our daughter 3 times for about 5 mknutes a piece since she was born 2 months ago and we have had to take her to their parents house so he could see her. My sister on the other hand has made time between having her 2 nd child 25 days after ours, taking care of her 5 year old, her husband, her home and a job as a school nurse to see my daughter atleast once a week. My parents in law are about the same way as their son and wont make an effort to drive 25 miles to see their grand daughter.
    Anyway my point is that every family has bumholes and all of them stink and you just have to get through it. It sucks because I was raised in a close family atmosphere and you would think my wife was as well because she is a sweetheart( a hospice RN so she has to be a wonderful person). But her family is so messed up its pathetic. Everything you know they know more, everything you do they do more its just never ending so we dont go around them much.
    I wish I could give you some hope that they will change but that hasn't been my experience. Once in a great while someone has a major change in attitude. My advice is to not waste time on them. Don't go out of the way to take your kids to them. Soon enough the little ones will figure out for themselves that Nana, Paw Paw and Uncle Barack Kisser are *********s. These are the kind of people that will cry and lament that no one comes to see them in the nursing home in the future.

Top Bottom