• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Never underestimate the stupidity of criminals or the desperate.

Ahhh young grasshopper. Never underestimate your opponent. Be prepared for the absolute worst. Know you are going to kill them before they kill you or you will have failed before a shot was fired. ;)

I have a copy of Sun Tzu if you'd like to brush up. :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    You and your family, and some good friends have been at your BOL for about a month or so after the shtf. You are at a rural location and set back from the road.

The bag guys have 50's or some other stolen military stuff. Just for giggles I say even an AT-4. They want your place, your women, and your stuff.......

What you going to do.......

Detonate the Mercury Fulminate and RDX.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The difficulty is in that you do not know who you are dealing with. All the Internet bravado aside, sometimes you are just outdone.

If you intend to live, (maybe you don't,) your plan needs to include many contingencies. Including surrender, off sight stores, CQC skills, etc...

...and the idea that you might possibly have to start all over again with nothing.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    The difficulty is in that you do not know who you are dealing with. All the Internet bravado aside, sometimes you are just outdone.

If you intend to live, (maybe you don't,) your plan needs to include many contingencies. Including surrender, off sight stores, CQC skills, etc...

...and the idea that you might possibly have to start all over again with nothing.

I agree with you that one must have many plans of action incase one, or several are thwarted. and im deffinatly a cacher!!! and have a very unique set of skills, BUT all that being said ...... THE WORD OF YOURS I highlighted above is not in my vocabulary Sir. It will NEVER happen, and yes I can say NEVER because I will Honorably accept death before i will take that rought. and to those of you who say thats just crazy talk, i beg to differ. and the reason is, how can you honestly say your willing to give ALL or that you gave all when you keep that option or way out in the back of your mind? To each their own, and no disrespect meant to anyone. But I cannot and will not ever acknowledge that is even an option against an enemy of mine, EVER! and I make no apologies for my personal belief of it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Military Jargon.
    Cherries = The FNG. Still wet behind the ears right out of schools.
    Turtles = Soldiers that have time in but yet to see any action.
    Snakes = Soldiers who have seen the Elephant.

AH YES, the ELEPHANT!!!!!

Sooooo, i was sittin in the shade, eating some cherries, and felt a large discomfort in my azz, and i suddenly realized I had a turtle head pokin out , so i squeezed out and pinched off the turtles head, and all was well. later that nght i let the snake out to play in the grass, and it was there he met a large elephant. and the snake devoured the elephant!! the end

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I agree with you that one must have many plans of action incase one, or several are thwarted. and im deffinatly a cacher!!! and have a very unique set of skills, BUT all that being said ...... THE WORD OF YOURS I highlighted above is not in my vocabulary Sir. It will NEVER happen, and yes I can say NEVER because I will Honorably accept death before i will take that rought. and to those of you who say thats just crazy talk, i beg to differ. and the reason is, how can you honestly say your willing to give ALL or that you gave all when you keep that option or way out in the back of your mind? To each their own, and no disrespect meant to anyone. But I cannot and will not ever acknowledge that is even an option against an enemy of mine, EVER! and I make no apologies for my personal belief of it.

Understood. Possibly, relinquish or reposition would have been more appropriate wording. The idea being, live to fight another day.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    Detonate the Mercury Fulminate and RDX.

We have a winner! Overwhelming numbers can be mitigated with the proper application of any or all of the following; Artillery, Air Support, Sniper teams, Explosives.*

When in doubt; "Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."
    I figure if I am going down, so are they.

jeffers_mz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    OP/LPs will pick them up long before they get in .50 range. Bad guys will have a series of exercises to pass before they get to where the goodies are. Goodies are parked within blast radius of a 1000 gallon propane tank. if I can't have them, neither can anyone else.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yeah, I was going to say OP/LP and patrols. Communication with other groups that are networked to provide mutual security so that a situation with bad guys can me reduced/avoided. How effective would a .50 BMG be in a closely wooded enviornment? And the size of the BG's force is also a factor. That heavy weaponry might slow them down if their tactics are based soley on that particular weapon.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I'm not worried. Ranger and I are going to hook up and take out the lot of them.

Seriously, this is a major concern. An offensive force has to have solid and reliable logistics and supply trains. You have to ensure they don't. If you can disrupt their supplies, you can defend yourself. If you can't you won't. All you have to do is look to history to determine the likely outcome.

The Vikings are one of the best examples of the marauder, because they had no interest in colonializing, juswt rampaging and plundering. They assaulted the British Isles every generation or so. The would plunder the first villiage they came to upon landing. The most important commodity they got was livestock, second weapons. They used the food to fuel themselves and the weapons to overtake the next villiage. They did this over and over until they ran out of food and weapons, then they took the booty and went home.

Same thing here. If you provide a large enough target, you will be attacked for your stores. If you are close enough to a target that you can be assaulted incidental to that target you will be attacked.

If you are perceived as a low value target, you'll likely be left alone. How do you do this? Whichever way everyone else is migrating, you take your team the other way. If you're preceived as well armed and not worth the risk of an assault, you'll be left alone. How do you do this? Force multipliers. You can figure out what this means. Some have been mentioned in this thread.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Have to have a plan to start. Set up a area to catch them in a cross fire. Let them move in and the spring the trap! Game over. Then you can take their stuff.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    OP/LPs will pick them up long before they get in .50 range. Bad guys will have a series of exercises to pass before they get to where the goodies are. Goodies are parked within blast radius of a 1000 gallon propane tank. if I can't have them, neither can anyone else.

I and mine may die defending, but you can be sure that a go-to-hell will be rigged (or more likely several of them) so that it's a non-win for the other side too. And ours may not be the immediately spectacular type that the OED team can deal with.

While these things are interesting to think about, I really don't put much emotional energy into them and won't until things seriously look that bad to me.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Have to have a plan to start. Set up a area to catch them in a cross fire. Let them move in and the spring the trap! Game over. Then you can take their stuff.

Cross-fire you can try that if you like but they rarely work like you think they should and more often than not they result in a lot of fratricides...

I much prefer interlocking fields of fire. They just tend to work out better... ;)

I and mine may die defending, but you can be sure that a go-to-hell will be rigged (or more likely several of them) so that it's a non-win for the other side too. And ours may not be the immediately spectacular type that the OED team can deal with.

Huh... Remember if it can be armed to go off, it can also be disarmed... ;)

Top Bottom