SHTF IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. SHOTS FIRED. LE CALLED...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Ok guys,
    Bear with me here. It has been an interesting last hour or so.

I live in a single road addition. A couple of houses down across the road maybe 100 yards or less a bunch of younger 20 something kids hang out live etc.

The house in question used to be inhabited by one of their parents but has since turned into a party type of house.

Well tonight of all nights I am sitting in my pick up truck in the driveway fiddling around getting some stuff ready for tomorrows work day.

And I hear: CRACK CRACK...

Mind you it is dark right about this point I see several people running through my yard, running down the street. They are swearing, one or two is crying etc.

I hear the shots through my closed door of my Dodge Ram and think HOLY **** my pistol is in the house and I am defenseless for the most part.

My next reaction: Jump out dart into the house, yell at my wife to call 911.

My next reaction was to grab my Glock 26 and my Fenix and go back outside (yeah looking back that might have been a mistake).

However this is my house, my property and I am not cowering like a sheep.

I go back out and light up(with the fenix) a young male (20 something) and his woman (from what I can tell). I say "WTF is going on"??? The male was crying and the woman was telling me not to call 911. They kind of mosey on back to their home a couple of houses down.

By this time my next door neighbor for the last 12 years or so is coming out of his house. His wife heard the shots as well as him.

Next thing 2 of the 4 ghetto small cars pulls out of the subjects driveway and head out.

About a couple minutes later an unmarked Sheriff's Charger pulls into their driveway calmly (no cause for concern here).

He talks to them for a minute or two then drives down our way to speak with me and the neighbors.
    He tells us it was a baseball bat that made the noise :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Seriously this Sheriff was of rank went for this baseball bat story.

He kind of just lets us know just to call back if we need him again.

Next thing their across the street neighbor drives down to talk to us in his Jeep and says they are smoking dope, up all hours, etc. at the house in question.

AND.......he heard the shots (ETA and heard the shell casings hit the deck)

About 20 minutes later or so the 2 cars that left return. The arguing and cussing resumes in their driveway. I call 911 and tell them their back(in a not so nice way).
    This time Sheriff's roll up and they talk to the people again and do not come back to speak with us (the callers).

Now everything is calm.

I give up. It really is every man for himself.

ETA: The Sheriff did add that the whole situation was over someone screwing someones woman...

ETA: The woman and man (the crying guy) and his woman were walking up and down the street just now.
    I cracked a window to listen in on what was going on. He is still upset and concerned with the other guy screwing his woman (calling the other guy every name in the book and that he was a meth head, douche bag etc.) ETA: It really disappointed me that the responding deputy did not seem to care to ask about what we saw or heard or about what transpired in front of our homes. He either one, really didn't care (which I doubt) or this was something that he is probably used to and sees on a daily basis. I understand the deputies hands are probably tied since no one was owning up to the incident and no one was hurt.

Last edited:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Plan on staying up for the next couple of days!!

Stupid wanna be ganstas are going to retaliate for you calling the 5 O..

Hate to say it but you just put yourself right in the middle of a :poop: storm.

You did everything right but I know people like that and they will want to punish the Old Nosey neighbor.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Now you know why we wear our guns in the house, too.

Not much the cops can do if there are no victims, and they didn't see anything.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Do you have a video camera? You might get it out and on the tri-pod
    and have it record the front of the house after lights out.

Sounds like "punk" mischief to me.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    hope they dont find one of your neighbors dead from a gun shot wound and found out they bled to death because some dumb sherriff believed thugs over you good neighbors. if i was the sherriff i would have knocked on every house door in the neighborhood and did a welfare check so i could at least say i tried to SERVE & PROTECT the public.

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    I've always subscribed to the "my family first" frame of thinking. That's why I eat, sleep and go to church with one of my "best friends" without exception. Everything discrete, but handy. I suffer through having my love handles pinched, wearing my jacket through our restaurant stops and the hassle of having one within my reach anywhere in my house. It's what a dad does nowadays.

I love the story of the Texan at the fancy ball wearing his sidearm. When asked by a particularly snobbish woman, upon noticing his being armed, if he was expecting trouble. With no great hurry to respond, the Texan reached down and slapped the shootin' iron on his side and retorted, "No Ma'am, if I was expecting trouble, I'd have brought a rifle."

Makes me wish I had been born a Texan!

Last edited:

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I hear the shots through my closed door of my Dodge Ram and think HOLY **** my pistol is in the house and I am defenseless for the most part.

My next reaction: Jump out dart into the house, yell at my wife to call 911.

My next reaction was to grab my Glock 26 and my Fenix.

Gun thats smaller than your cell phone and can always be on you is a lot better than your gun in the house....

lrNEW2.jpg

Its no man stopper but its a good BUG and it will get you to your carry gun.

Mokkie

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2010
    Keep your eyes and ears open. you never know when some young punk might think he has grown some stones.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Gun thats smaller than your cell phone and can always be on you is a lot better than your gun in the house....

lrNEW2.jpg

Its no man stopper but its a good BUG and it will get you to your carry gun.

ROTFLMAO! Oh yeah, that would have really been handy in the OP described situation.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Must have been frightening for someone that's not accustomed to the "hood life". Just glad no one was hurt.
    if i was the sherriff i would have knocked on every house door in the neighborhood and did a welfare check so i could at least say i tried to SERVE & PROTECT the public.
    That's not their job. The job of an LEO is not to serve and protect the public and never has been.
    It is not the duty of the police to protect you. Their job is to protect the Corporation and arrest code breakers. Sapp v. Tallahasee, 348 So. 2nd. 363, Reiff v. City of Philadelphia, 477 F.Supp. 1262, Lynch v. N.C. Dept of Justice 376 S.E. 2nd. 247.

Top Bottom