SHTF IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE. SHOTS FIRED. LE CALLED...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Man, I feel for ya. Mid January I was getting ready to leave for work (3rd shift) And I mean I was starting to get my coat, when shots rang out. I looked out the front door window to see a car speeding off, and so I watch for a few seconds and see several people pour out of the house across the street from me franticly getting into a couple different cars. they almost seemed a little confused what cars to get into, but they quickly sped off. I walked outside to see my neighbor (I've never talked to) yelling,cussing and crying. I asked if he was alright but didn't get a response. As the cops were showing up they gave a short chase to one car and did catch it taking the person for questioning. Now the cops showed up in force, I gave vehicle descriptions to several officers and told them what I heard and saw. Unfortunately there was one young man killed. There are several other details I won't get into, but needless to say I was very well within condition yellow for several days. I have lived in this area pretty much my whole life, and heck my dad grew up in this same area and still does. And, this isn't something normal in this neighbor hood even in the city. It really makes you start watching your neighbors and the comings and goings around you.

Last edited:

dbd870

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    WOW, I'm sure this has your attention; it is terrible anyone should have live with this kind of stuff going on around them.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Plan on staying up for the next couple of days!!

Stupid wanna be ganstas are going to retaliate for you calling the 5 O..

Hate to say it but you just put yourself right in the middle of a :poop: storm.

You did everything right but I know people like that and they will want to punish the Old Nosey neighbor.

unfortunately thats probably true.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    ROTFLMAO! Oh yeah, that would have really been handy in the OP described situation.

Are you saying he couldn't use a .22 to get him into his house to get his Glock or a rifle?
    Sorry but I fail to see how having a gun in had to get you to a bigger gun is worse than having no gun in hand and "darting" to get any gun??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    In my neck of the woods, nice. I'll tell you there are some good LE officers out there, still though I'll do what I have to first then call the cops. I think the sheriff, from how you told the story did a horrible job at investigating the incident or he just did not give a ****. Glad to see you are safe!

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    In my neck of the woods, nice. I'll tell you there are some good LE officers out there, still though I'll do what I have to first then call the cops. I think the sheriff, from how you told the story did a horrible job at investigating the incident or he just did not give a ****. Glad to see you are safe!

Our police not giving a ****? Noooo...... I know we have some good officers here but we also have some idiots roaming around.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Anyone else wear their gun while walking around the house in their "comfortable" clothes... lol

ALL THE TIME;)

glock-in-your-underwear.jpg

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    Mine goes on when I get dressed and comes off when I get in bed, when it goes into the nightstand drawer. There's a Surefire G3 with 200 lumen bulb in the night stand too. Several big Mag-lights in den and bedrooms.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Here is the positive side of having crappy neighbor kids. Years ago the neighbor teenage kids (girls) would sit in their boyfriends cars in the street between my house and theirs late at night. Really >>>>> me off. However, since it was dark and they were STUPID and paid in cash from their jobs they didnt keep track of it well. Several times I would come out the next day and find a hundred dollar bill or a fifty on the ground by the driveway. Paid for a lot of rounds of gold (don't tell my wife!). lol

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Anyone else wear their gun while walking around the house in their "comfortable" clothes... lol

My PT145 drops right into the pocket of my housecoat. My M85 Ultralight will be even more suited to this role when I FINALLY get it off layaway (a process that is taking somewhat longer than I'd hoped)

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Why, yes I do.
    ALL THE TIME;)

glock-in-your-underwear.jpg
    But not like this!
    Mine goes on when I get dressed and comes off when I get in bed, when it goes into the nightstand drawer. There's a Surefire G3 with 200 lumen bulb in the night stand too. Several big Mag-lights in den and bedrooms.

That's the way! Better to have a 5 shot airwieght snub ON YOU when SHTF.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I am betting that the house was not cooperating. The neighbors HEARD the shots but no one saw who did the firing. Not much an officer can do.

Top Bottom