• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Publicity like this is good for the restraunt.

People are goof balls if they think protesting this will slow or stop the restratraunt from opening.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Let me preface my post by saying that I am a Christian. That being said, I think that protests like this by other Christians are not only ludicrous, but harmful to the image of Christ.
    There are so many better ways Christians can use their energy that are MUCH more beneficial to the community than by protesting a restaurant whose waitresses wear more than many high school girls.

I would urge the Pastor in the article to re-direct his time and effort into something actually worthwhile, like serving the poor perhaps?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Gee it sounds like a few zealots trying to impose their will on the many! Where have I heard this before? I think they'll have a hard time denying a liquor license based on the surrounding business' that hold liquour licenses, and as far as the scantily clad women (oh my gosh), it would be entertaining to see how many of these hypocrites will patronize the place when the wife is out of town. Yes, I am a Hooters regular, once a week, and I've even (gasp) taken my GF in with me. They were running the "C" team that day, she wasn't impressed.:dunno:

Andyccw

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    NW INDY
    The issue here is that they are putting this business in near a "nice" and "expensive" neighborhood. All of the Hooters in town are near apartment complexes and lower income neighborhoods, who might not have the time to devote to stopping a business from going in. :twocents:
    My in-laws live in McFarland Farms, and I don't personally see an issue, but I understand some property owner's reservations about having a business with a certain market draw moving in 1/4 mile down the road. I am glad to see that people are still getting involved in their local government. The bottom line is: the values the ACTIVE members of the community are going to influence the enitre community, so GET INVOLVED!!!:yesway:

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    The issue here is that they are putting this business in near a "nice" and "expensive" neighborhood. All of the Hooters in town are near apartment complexes and lower income neighborhoods, who might not have the time to devote to stopping a business from going in. :twocents:
    My in-laws live in McFarland Farms, and I don't personally see an issue, but I understand some property owner's reservations about having a business with a certain market draw moving in 1/4 mile down the road. I am glad to see that people are still getting involved in their local government. The bottom line is: the values the ACTIVE members of the community are going to influence the enitre community, so GET INVOLVED!!!:yesway:
    Agreed...move that baby to Mars Hill!!!! :rockwoot:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Just found out folks are throwing a tantrum over the Show Me's.
    They don't want it there. Isn't this location in a heavy commercial(hotels and stores) area? Are there homes nearby?
    Aren't there already a few Hooters stores in Indy?

Yes to all (lot's of nice apartment's in the area and maybe homes). It really is a nice area back in there.

The Hooter's is on 31 and it is closer to the lower income side of town.... and the homes are a bit of the walk. Everything in the show me's area is an easy walk to everything.

Personally I don't go to those kind's of places and I am not back there much so I don't car but it is a nice area with low crime and pretty quiet...... I think a show me's or Hooter's would change that.

Id walk threw that area at night no problem.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    SE Indy is getting a Show Me's.
    Kinda like a Hooters with better food.
    I'm plumbing the place.I'll Be in Indy soon.

If the food at the Show Me's in Terre Haute is indicative of the chain, then the food at Hooters is a LOT better.

The food at Show Me's sucks.

Guess what: I DON'T CARE.

I'm still going back every chance I get.

I hope I get "Tiff" as my waitress every time. If I don't, I DON'T CARE, I'm still going back.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Come on it sits next to an Interstate that makes an excessive amount of noise 24/7.

It is a restaurant not a strip bar. The place will be packed full of 16 to 45 year old white males.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yes to all (lot's of nice apartment's in the area and maybe homes). It really is a nice area back in there.

The Hooter's is on 31 and it is closer to the lower income side of town.... and the homes are a bit of the walk. Everything in the show me's area is an easy walk to everything.

Personally I don't go to those kind's of places and I am not back there much so I don't car but it is a nice area with low crime and pretty quiet...... I think a show me's or Hooter's would change that.

Id walk threw that area at night no problem.
    How exactly would anything change??? There is already a Cburger n Paradise there that is little more than a bar and has live music quite often? Both Carabas and Texas Roadhouse have bars, and Oh wait BJ's is a bar....:rolleyes: Hell, I wish they'd move it to my end of Southport, near 37. Show me proof how places such as hooters or this Show Me's create more crime or problems.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    How exactly would anything change??? There is already a Cburger n Paradise there that is little more than a bar and has live music quite often? Both Carabas and Texas Roadhouse have bars, and Oh wait BJ's is a bar....:rolleyes: Hell, I wish they'd move it to my end of Southport, near 37. Show me proof how places such as hooters or this Show Me's create more crime or problems.

That's a good point.......... I guess it comes down to how it look's to everyone. A bar is one thing, a place called hooters with girl's wearing low cut top's and short short's is another when it comes to the apperance of a place.

I also think that a bar in Roadhouse is not like a bar bar, you don't often see people coming out of places like Roadhouse trashed and peeing on people's car's.

Nutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    Another new restauraunt.

If the permit for the the Show Me's doesn't pass, I have a group of investors lined up to start a new chain of "Blow Me" restauraunts in the area. Is any one else interested?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    You and I must hang out at different bars. Yours sounds like a lot more fun.:D

Once I watched a guy try and pee on a cop car..... with a cop in the car..... that did not go over well....... That was the last FInal 4 that was here.

If the permit for the the Show Me's doesn't pass, I have a group of investors lined up to start a new chain of "Blow Me" restauraunts in the area. Is any one else interested?

Alcohol board turns down ShowMe's request - 13 WTHR - Indianapolis News |

Nutz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    She tried to fill out an app today. Got turned around at the door by the neighborhood assn pres. If you think my avatar is hot, you should check her out!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Once I watched a guy try and pee on a cop car..... with a cop in the car..... that did not go over well....... That was the last FInal 4 that was here.

Alcohol board turns down ShowMe's request - 13 WTHR - Indianapolis News |

Wow. That article made me vomit. So much for small government Republicans. Eye Candy? Interesting that he mentions the 500....considering its biggest draw is a stripper/driver named Danica and the chance to see some drunk chicks.

In addition, "liquor license" are the biggest piece of puritanical bullhockey government regulation since it was legal to stone your wife.

Top Bottom