Should racism, bigotry, etc. be against the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Going on our potential next president's commentary, will her victory lead to laws against thought and expression that aren't necessarily inclusive?

[video=youtube;JiT-mUMXcMc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiT-mUMXcMc[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No. Its too subjective and hard to prove. How do you prove what is in a person's heart? For example, Do I dislike Kut because he is black, or because he is an agitator? :p How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt which is the reason? You cant. (I dont dislike him really)

Besides, we already have too many laws on the books.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    1984......"newspeak" .......adopt the new ways or be eliminated. When I first read that book in the 60's, it was viewed as science fiction or fantasy, today it seems more like reality.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    We should definitely do this. We could have a new branch of federal police just to read minds. I think first we will probably need to start by creating a license to speak aloud. There would be a background check and a fee, but no big deal. As long as your local LEO doesn't know of any reason you shouldn't be censored, you'll be able to speak in any state sponsored free speech zone you like.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    What if I hate someone, who is perhaps here on INGO and goes by the initials "rhino", not for the fact that he is Filipino or that yesterday he texted me in Tagalog, but rather for the fact that he is perpetually annoying?

How does one parse hate?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    What if I hate someone, who is perhaps here on INGO and goes by the initials "rhino", not for the fact that he is Filipino or that yesterday he texted me in Tagalog, but rather for the fact that he is perpetually annoying?

How does one parse hate?

Bottom line, it would only be illegal if Democrats want it to be.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    So let me get this straight. We can't legislate morality if it comes from ancient religious teachings discussed and debated for thousants of years.

However, we can legislate morality if a group of people just decide what they think is moral and want to impose it on all.

Seems legit.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Sorry Hough, can't rep you again. One point of disagreement, though. They do dispute long-established and well understood standards. But Leftism is their religion.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Given the amounts of liberals that are racist, sexist, and homophobes themselves, I'm not so sure that could ever become a reality.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I just came for the :popcorn:

I was kind of let down by this exchange, or lack there-of:

No. Its too subjective and hard to prove. How do you prove what is in a person's heart? For example, Do I dislike Kut because he is black, or because he is an agitator? :p How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt which is the reason? You cant. (I dont dislike him really)

Given the amounts of liberals that are racist, sexist, and homophobes themselves, I'm not so sure that could ever become a reality.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just came for the :popcorn:

I was kind of let down by this exchange, or lack there-of:

Read my post again. In its entirety. And make sure your screen can display purple. If I cant use purple, and even clarify at the end, I dont know what to do. Sheesh.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No. Its too subjective and hard to prove. How do you prove what is in a person's heart? For example, Do I dislike Kut because he is black, or because he is an alligator? :p How do you prove beyond a reasonable doubt which is the reason? You cant. (I dont dislike him really)

FIFY

Top Bottom