Should I leave negative feedback on a deal from the classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Well I'm not going to make his name public to prevent a crap storm that's not going to solve anything. From what I can tell he is not going to fess up to anything and make it right on his part. Il take this with a grain of salt and do better research on the seller in the future. Thank you all for the suggestions and help. Il post what Taurus has to say in the problem and what the damage to the Walter will be to fix it.

deseag007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    Lawrence (Indy)
    Does someone with less than 50 posts even have access to this? Just curious as it doesn't sound like they can access the classifieds.

I have less than 50 and have access to view the ads but not post. When I tried putting a WTB ad up it said that I must first have 50+ post to post in that particular forum.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    My personal opinion would be to "out" the crook. But if that cant be done, then maybe there needs to be some sort of system where a person would be banned from selling in the classified area if they accrue a certain number of negative feedbacks. Personally I would undo any deal I had been involved in if notified within a day.

Also I realize that if I'm going to deal with unknown individuals then its up to me to know what I'm looking for. If you arent willing to take chances, then don't play the game. Luckily I've never been burned on a deal and I've made a few. Likewise I'm not aware I ever burned anyone.

One time I got one that wasnt really as presented but it wasnt a deal killer.

Good luck.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Can you post a visitor message to him? Those are visible for other forum members to see.

I'm not a smart man, but I'd imagine if the OP had done something of this nature, one could easily determine the identity of the offending party by viewing the activity tab under the OP's public profile...

But again, I don't really understand how any of this works.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I would be surprised if Taurus didn't fix it free of charge, and pay shipping both ways. I suspect you will just be out the inconvenience of having to ship it to them and then wait for it to get back.

Taurus most likely won't pay for shipping. Quite a few people are *****ing about paying for shipping on sending back warranty and recall guns lately.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Read the rules that are well posted about using the classifieds.

He was responding to my question about whether or not those with less than 50 could even view the itrader/classifieds. It sounds like he was aware of the rules as to why he couldn't post there. :)

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm not a smart man, but I'd imagine if the OP had done something of this nature, one could easily determine the identity of the offending party by viewing the activity tab under the OP's public profile...

It does reinforce that we need to check feedback and not rush into a deal. I have been burned on Ebay a couple of times when I bid on something and THEN read the feedback.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

Brilliant! All I have to say is I wish I had some "clips" for my "2.23".

JohnBoy1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    My personal opinion would be to "out" the crook. But if that cant be done, then maybe there needs to be some sort of system where a person would be banned from selling in the classified area if they accrue a certain number of negative feedbacks. Personally I would undo any deal I had been involved in if notified within a day.

Also I realize that if I'm going to deal with unknown individuals then its up to me to know what I'm looking for. If you arent willing to take chances, then don't play the game. Luckily I've never been burned on a deal and I've made a few. Likewise I'm not aware I ever burned anyone.

One time I got one that wasnt really as presented but it wasnt a deal killer.

Good luck.
    I confronted him about it 3 hours the trade was done. I haven't heard anything from him and I don't think he will man up on his misleading deal.

Top Bottom