Should I leave negative feedback on a deal from the classifieds?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Definitely not hard to figure out, as TFA pointed out above.

In fairness to the OP, the seller/trader/whatever didn't have a net negative feedback (it's like 75% positive) and all the negative comments are about him flaking on buying a gun after agreeing to it or not responding... which frankly, is SOP for a lot of people on the classifieds. Nothing to indicate false advertising in his items or other duplicity like that.

Having sold off a chunk of my collection and helped my (now ex) girlfriend sell off her deceased father's firearms collection, there is inordinate amount of tire kicking and false commitments (granted, not as bad as on Armslist) on INGO. Personally, I don't mark anything sold until I have cash in hand.

The negative goes to character. If you commit and back off that shows who you are. A simple explanation is due at the point you change your mind.

I have experienced tire kickers.
    Twists me up when you see your ad bumped with "PM" sent and all they want to do is ask questions that are answered in the post.
    The "PM" sent does set some folks back thinking a deal is in the works.
    Just send the darn PM and do not bump the thread with the big announcement.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The negative goes to character. If you commit and back off that shows who you are. A simple explanation is due at the point you change your mind.

I have experienced tire kickers.
    Twists me up when you see your ad bumped with "PM" sent and all they want to do is ask questions that are answered in the post.
    The "PM" sent does set some folks back thinking a deal is in the works.
    Just send the darn PM and do not bump the thread with the big announcement.

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Gosh. Look at all these cheeseburgers I have. And no one to share them with. What a shame, that is.

abc_cheeseburgers_sc_110719_wmain.jpg

Man those are kind of puny as cheeseburgers go. One slice of cheese and you almost lose the meat!

Now THIS is a cheeseburger!
    images

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Atleast he was honest enough to offer the extra magazine he had for it:rolleyes:. No offer
    of taking it back though. He got a nice Ruger sr45 out of the deal.

I'm not able to leave feedback, the add was deleted for a violation and feedback can not be left on a deleted add cm informed me. I tried though.

This specific situation (buyer moves quickly to initiate deal and in the interim, the seller's ad is removed due to infraction, with the consequence of avoiding a neg feedback) does kind of circumvent the whole feedback system. In this case, the offending ad should almost be allowed to be put back in a locked state, with a note from a mod that it is locked due to infraction. That would allow feedback to be posted regarding the ad, as the thread would exist.

On the other hand, negative feedback from others should be a clue, and the fact that the ad was in violation of the classified rules (in this case, I believe the ad lacked a picture, and the OP had to be sent pictures outside of the INGO classified thread), should have also been a clue not to deal with the person. If they cannot follow the simple rules of posting a classified, how do you expect the person to actually follow through in a respectable way on the deal itself.

On another note completely, am I to understand that the OP traded a Ruger SR45 for this particular Taurus pistol... I'm not sure that would have been a win, even if this particular Taurus would have been in excellent shape. Don't get me wrong, I like some Taurus stuff (I still have one lonely Taurus PT99 from about 25 years ago in my safe), but I'd say the OP kind of got hosed all the way around on this deal.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This specific situation (buyer moves quickly to initiate deal and in the interim, the seller's ad is removed due to infraction, with the consequence of avoiding a neg feedback) does kind of circumvent the whole feedback system. In this case, the offending ad should almost be allowed to be put back in a locked state, with a note from a mod that it is locked due to infraction. That would allow feedback to be posted regarding the ad, as the thread would exist.

On the other hand, negative feedback from others should be a clue, and the fact that the ad was in violation of the classified rules (in this case, I believe the ad lacked a picture, and the OP had to be sent pictures outside of the INGO classified thread), should have also been a clue not to deal with the person. If they cannot follow the simple rules of posting a classified, how do you expect the person to actually follow through in a respectable way on the deal itself.

On another note completely, am I to understand that the OP traded a Ruger SR45 for this particular Taurus pistol... I'm not sure that would have been a win, even if this particular Taurus would have been in excellent shape. Don't get me wrong, I like some Taurus stuff (I still have one lonely Taurus PT99 from about 25 years ago in my safe), but I'd say the OP kind of got hosed all the way around on this deal.

There is a link we will provide the OP if he chooses to give the neg rep.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A

Seems to be a very good summary of events. And I agree, I would have never done that trade to begin with unless some cash was coming with the Taurus.

Top Bottom