• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I told them never to send me anything again(they tried the DVD sale thing on me)...and they quit...so I was happy. They haven't sent me more than 1 or 2 mailings a year now. Seems to have worked.

Well worth the money.
    Ditto. They don't bother me at all anymore. If you own firearms and believe in the Second Amendment I don't see how you can not be a member of the NRA>

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    The last thing the NRA wants is restriction free firearms. Believe it or not. That's a fact. The last thing the Brady campaign wants is no guns. That's also a fact. If they can play both sides, they will. It keeps the money rolling in. If either of the two scenarios above were to happen, one of the two groups would be out of business tomorrow. There is way to much money to be made with confusion and ignorance on both sides. For the record, I'm a member of NRA and GOA.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The last thing the NRA wants is restriction free firearms. Believe it or not. That's a fact. The last thing the Brady campaign wants is no guns. That's also a fact. If they can play both sides, they will. It keeps the money rolling in. If either of the two scenarios above were to happen, one of the two groups would be out of business tomorrow. There is way to much money to be made with confusion and ignorance on both sides. For the record, I'm a member of NRA and GOA.

lolwut?

You do realize the NRA is more than just the NRA-ILA, don't you? The NRA existed long before the majority of these laws were in place and they'll exist and thrive long after they're repealed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

A bunch of gun-baiters!

Well, I don't believe that for a moment. Sure the NRA raises a lot of money for ILA and PVF, but years ago the NRA was not very political at all.

The NRA was founded as a marksmanship training association. That is what they emphasized for the first ninety years of their existence. That is still a large part of what they do today. When the infringements started getting egregious the rank and file broadened their emphasis to what it is today.

There is a battle raging and they are a major part of it. If the Constitution were ever followed and the right to keep and bear arms were universally upheld, The NRA would still be a viable entity. The monies now spent for political purposes could easily be redirected to training. Even then they would have to remain watchmen on the wall to guard and maintain our rights.

Of course that may never happen, so the NRA will continue to fight to get as close as possible to the goal.

I am the NRA.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    The best thing about this thread is that it spurred me to upgrade my membership and sign up two new junior members. See ya'll in Louisville in May!

dman424

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Positives outweigh benefits but sometimes their hardline stances are crazy. People on the no fly list should not be able to buy guns, but the NRA has been fighting that for 15 years. If you are too dangerous to board a commercial flight you shouldn't have a gun.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Positives outweigh benefits but sometimes their hardline stances are crazy. People on the no fly list should not be able to buy guns, but the NRA has been fighting that for 15 years. If you are too dangerous to board a commercial flight you shouldn't have a gun.
    Letting the government decide whose constitutional right should be denied is a slippery slope. There are people on the no fly list that shouldn't be. There should be due process IMHO. I certainly don't trust bureaucrats and I have a lot of personal experience to back up my thoughts.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

You obviously have no idea how the no fly list works.

It deprives you of rights with out due process.

There is no way to know if you are on it until you try to fly and are denied.

There is no way to get due process if you find out you are on the list.

Senator Ted Kennedy was on the no fly list.

Small children have been placed on the no fly list ruining family vacations.

These are just a few things that have been in the news.

No-fly list nightmares: The program's most embarrassing mistakes - CNNPolitics.com

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yup, let's make a secret list. Make no recourse for people mistakenly placed on the list. Then use the list to deny them their freedoms without due process.
    Heck, let's save time, and just throw everyone on the list in jail and Proper Trial be damned.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I renewed today with the Lifetime Member option.

$500 will be the total paid for it in five years.

I paid $25 down and the minimum payment is $25 every three months, not every month like I was expecting. No contract and not automatic withdrawal from my CC unless I want to set it up.

I will set up an automatic payment from my bank to pay when I receive my first invoice in three months.

$100 per year for five years is way too good of a deal right now to pass up on.

I could be wrong but I don't think we will be seeing $300 for Lifetime again.

Here is the number to call (888) 678-7894

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Well they offered me an endowment member upgrade for $200 when I registered for the annual meeting in Louisville. I can swing a couple hundred bucks so went with it. No reason that I can see for the upgrade other then giving a donation to a good cause. The NRA needs the support right now.

$100 a year for 5 years is a good deal and a source of income for the organization. I did the $300 life membership a few years ago when it came around.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I would have dropped the $300 on them all at once if they offered me that deal.

Since they didn't have anything better than the $500 I went with payment plan. I was expecting to have to pay monthly but when quarterly was offered I took it. I might throw some extra cash at it next year, but right now it's preparing for the next shortage.

NFA items, lower, mags, primers, powder and backups of current firearms.

Old Prof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2015
    West Lafayette
    You obviously have no idea how the no fly list works.

It deprives you of rights with out due process.

There is no way to know if you are on it until you try to fly and are denied.

There is no way to get due process if you find out you are on the list.

Senator Ted Kennedy was on the no fly list.

Small children have been placed on the no fly list ruining family vacations.

These are just a few things that have been in the news.

No-fly list nightmares: The program's most embarrassing mistakes - CNNPolitics.com

Although, to be honest, Ted Kennedy should not have access to a car or a gun. Which is different that what he has a right to.

MegaTank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2016
    Goshen
    I signed up for 2 years. I can't believe this thread still gets posts. I joined so no longer need the advice. Thank you to all that contributed

Top Bottom