• Do you like the word Shotty?

• Total voters

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The poll allowed for more than one answer, so I voted Dislike It and Use It. Strange thing that is.

I usually say it in a fake southern accent, so it's OK.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    What a special person you see yourself to be. I would no more make light of your family or their history. I was lucky to have had the 2 uncles that took the time to teach me to shoot, fight and run for cover.
    Digging holes, WTF...
    Back off the family. Just not cool in any situation.
    I totally understand what you mean and why. Try and do the same for me.

Easy, fella. He was illustrating a point. I didn't see any insults to your family there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Easy, fella. He was illustrating a point. I didn't see any insults to your family there.

Maybe so. Just a bit tender when one person sets the tone for an entire forum. I guess I will not be tolerated if the term is used again by those in the know on ingo... Really.
    This started in fun and he got twisted up over it and that was never my intentions. A few snide comments from the peanut gallery and off it went. So sensitive. Chinese plastic......Really.
    What I got from it was he did not believe the statements concerning family. No, I was never military, yes, many in my family were career army. Yes, 2 uncles were decorated Rangers and I am beyond proud. Nuff said.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I never slammed your family, just you for repeatedly bringing it up- as if job experience of a relative mandates social acceptance for terminology that most others dislike.

Your language, reading comprehension and emotionalism suck.

I've edited my response(s) to be nice.

No more, should you continue to act like Oprah has your nuts in her freezer.

Really....
    Oh please do not be nice on my account. I have my nuts. They are warm and safe thank you very much for your concern.

Be Well

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Maybe so. Just a bit tender when one person sets the tone for an entire forum. I guess I will not be tolerated if the term is used again by those in the know on ingo... Really.
    This started in fun and he got twisted up over it and that was never my intentions. A few snide comments from the peanut gallery and off it went. So sensitive. Chinese plastic......Really.
    What I got from it was he did not believe the statements concerning family. No, I was never military, yes, many in my family were career army. Yes, 2 uncles were decorated Rangers and I am beyond proud. Nuff said.

LOL. Peanut gallery. Cramming 3k posts into a regional gun board during the past 8 months does not an expert make. You're all hat and no cattle, cowboy. Pretty soon you'll start thinking YOU'RE John Wayne!!

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

So your uncles were Rangers? What exactly have you done to correlate their great distinction. Sounds like too much gum flappin' and not enough Rangerin'.

Get to work.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Ive never called a shotgun a "shotty" in a serious fashion.

I dont care if someone does, as long as they know how to use it properly.

Churchmouse (and some others that use the term) Im sure knows how to use his weapons properly.

Why attack someone for the way they speak? Im prone to using the word "bub" when refering to my friends, as in "whats up bub?". Im the only person I know that says that. I dont get any funny looks and noone corrects me or scorns me for it. Atleast not to my face.

Why then should we as a collective care what others call thier guns or make a big deal of it?

Hey bub, All my autos take clips, and I own 2 shotties.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I use it, it doesnt bother me. Ive been one of the gun crowd my whole life. I graduated from Colorado School of Trades (its a gunsmith school for those who dont know). I think those who would pick apart a word like "shotty" are the same who would tell me Im an idiot for liking a gun that they dont. Ive been around a lot of gun owners, mall ninjas, weekend warriors, and 300lb behemoths with shirts that say "sniper". All these would-be experts have one thing in common, they are VERY eager to point out an error in terminology because it makes their "expertise" less open to question.
    I guess my point is, after enough time dealing with enough people about enough guns, you really start to go your own way while taking folks' money as you sell them whatever makes them go their way.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    LOL. Peanut gallery. Cramming 3k posts into a regional gun board during the past 8 months does not an expert make. You're all hat and no cattle, cowboy. Pretty soon you'll start thinking YOU'RE John Wayne!!

Is that you, John Wayne? Is this me?

So your uncles were Rangers? What exactly have you done to correlate their great distinction. Sounds like too much gum flappin' and not enough Rangerin'.

Get to work.

Really. Been shooting since 12 yrs. and have been involved with firearms ever since. Uncles were a huge reason for this. No one else was interested but them. They taught me a lot and not all was firearms training. I honer them with the respect they taught me and passing it and the training they gave me on to my kids.

All hat and no cattle...what the hell is that. How would you know.

I own many and use all of them all the time. I would ask, do you??? Fair question yes.

John Wayne, love him, do not emulate him. Not a six gun kinda guy. Lean towards 1911's myself. Well, he did carry in the war movies, maybe I am John Wayne...or not. I will have to ponder this.

As to work, yeah, we "all" need some yes. Seems like you put your lips out the window flapping in the breeze a bit Huh....Just saying.

You seem to think you know me but you do not. A post count is exactly that, a number. No more, no less. I have enjoyed being on this forum hence the "Number". Expert, no, responsible and capable, yes. No Chinese plastic, heat shields, X-box or Mall Ninja crap. That was your deal not mine.
    Can't really figure out all the hate. Oh, wait, I am run over with emotionalism.

I am going to the range. I do that a lot. We kill a lot of paper. I can actually hit what I am aiming at most of the time.

It was a term fellas, no more, no less.

Be Safe, enjoy.

moosebag

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Indiana
    I always call my shih tzus by names that end in "y" or some phonetic equivalent, shot guns not so much.

0911101438-00.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    REALLY. I'll put my SHOTGUN up against your "shotty" any day of the week.

Name the course of fire. Name the range.

That you shoot is all I wanted or needed to know. Thanks for the response.
    We do a deal in the fall at my buddy's place. We have 4 launchers and load them up and give the shooter a rough time with the clay. It is a lot of fun and gets the blood going. Works the skill sets as well. Might get you in on this. Too much fun.

For the record and no jabs, I own many shotguns. I use the term you all seem to despise so much only on occasion. Not an everyday thing with me. I thought I had made that clear. It started in fun....ended with, well, folks referring to my nuts.
    I will let you know when we next do the multi-launcher shoot. It is a good time.

Patriot3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Kokomo
    If your gonna use a shotgun it does not sound intimidating or professional to say shotty, but that is just my personal opinion on the matter

philbert001

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    Allen County
    I prefer scattergun, as a generic term for a shotgun, and pump gun, as a more specific name, for a pump action shotgun. Shotty sounds like it should accompany a tech nine!

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    This is the actual quote:

Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords

~ Benjamin Franklin ~

Top Bottom