• Total voters

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK, two 12 yr olds want to go dove hunting with you.
    You can take only one.
    One kid calls his Remington a "shotty"
    The other calls his a "shotgun".
    Who you gonna take?

;)

The terminology IMHO doesn't tell about the capabilities of the tool, as much as it does that of the user.

Generalization? Yes.

But it appears to be validated more often than not (as I have witnessed on this and other forums).

The most capable of the 2 regardless. The odd one out will get some training at a later date.....Terminology means little if anything, ability is everything. JMHO

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    The most capable of the 2 regardless. The odd one out will get some training at a later date.....Terminology means little if anything, ability is everything. JMHO

Dig the hole deeper..............you just don't get it do you?

And that is the point.

Yeah, it's just a word and maybe OK in certain circles.............but in this bigger circle it isn't seen in the light that you and your family group of 27 Ranger uncles and aunts used it.

Think of it this way..........if over half of your 43 special forces nieces and nephews were of KKK background and in your family circle used certain terminology, would we as fellow INGO or "gun people" tolerate your usage of it on here, even though it was cute back home?

The "S word" is stupid. Like it or not. You like it. Myself and more than a few others do not.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Dig the hole deeper..............you just don't get it do you?

And that is the point.

Yeah, it's just a word and maybe OK in certain circles.............but in this bigger circle it isn't seen in the light that you and your family group of 27 Ranger uncles and aunts used it.

Think of it this way..........if over half of your 43 special forces nieces and nephews were of KKK background and in your family circle used certain terminology, would we as fellow INGO or "gun people" tolerate your usage of it on here, even though it was cute back home?

The "S word" is stupid. Like it or not. You like it. Myself and more than a few others do not.

What a special person you see yourself to be. I would no more make light of your family or their history. I was lucky to have had the 2 uncles that took the time to teach me to shoot, fight and run for cover.
    Digging holes, WTF...
    Back off the family. Just not cool in any situation.
    I totally understand what you mean and why. Try and do the same for me.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Who are we to judge anyone who wants to live an alternative lifestyle? :):

I'm just surprised that I haven't been called out for spelling shotgun with two words in the second post of this thread. :facepalm:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    What a special person you see yourself to be. I would no more make light of your family or their history. I was lucky to have had the 2 uncles that took the time to teach me to shoot, fight and run for cover.
    Digging holes, WTF...
    Back off the family. Just not cool in any situation.
    I totally understand what you mean and why. Try and do the same for me.

I never slammed your family, just you for repeatedly bringing it up- as if job experience of a relative mandates social acceptance for terminology that most others dislike.

Your language, reading comprehension and emotionalism suck.

I've edited my response(s) to be nice.

No more, should you continue to act like Oprah has your nuts in her freezer.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Who are we to judge anyone who wants to live an alternative lifestyle? :):

I'm just surprised that I haven't been called out for spelling shotgun with two words in the second post of this thread. :facepalm:

Errors and typos are forgivable :)

Talking in a style outside the norm for a specific audience and then whining about said audience (for the most part) finding the style out of favor...... is not.

;)

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    Don't use it.

I used it back in my "Counter-Strike" days of computer gaming, and that was the full extent of that. I'm way too literal about my firearms now. (I'm talking to, you mr. Clip vs. Magazines!)

Top Bottom