• ...and so much more!
  • Do you like the word Shotty?

• Total voters

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Don't use it. No, seriously, don't use it... It sounds... Canadian. "That's a nice shotty, eh?"[/QUOTE]

Canada.. No one takes them seriously, I mean, they dont even have an Army. But seriously they need to take Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen back, and their horrible "music."

Shotty just sounds stupid!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    ....AND FOR FOOK'S SAKE...................DO NOT!............I REPEAT....... DO NOT!..............FORGET THE HEAT SHIELD!!!!!!!!!!!

Heat shields all around..........free for all.

Wow...this all started as a joke. So much hate out there for a term. Really does not matter to me. If my highly decorated army ranger uncle wanted to call them shoty's, well, they will always be that to me. This thread has raised up those memory's of my childhood going out to shoot with them (2 rangers) and taking the 1911's and the "Shotty's". One is gone now and the other is not far behind. Screw an X-Box, never had one, up your heat shield....none of my "Shotty's" have one. Relax, it is just a term.
    No wonder Scutter is out. Childish crap.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    This thread has taken a turn for the worse. Been a lot of drama on the board though lately.

Hell with it, call it what you want. As long as the tool does its job whether it be home defense, shooting a deer to put food on the table, or blasting some clays out of the sky. It is what it is, lets move on!

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Don't use it. No, seriously, don't use it... It sounds... Canadian. "That's a nice shotty, eh?"[/QUOTE]

Canada.. No one takes them seriously, I mean, they dont even have an Army. But seriously they need to take Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen back, and their horrible "music."

Shotty just sounds stupid!

Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Nickelback...do I need to go on? (btw, I was adding to the list of garbage "artists" to show that crappy Canadian music isn't a new thing). While we're doing this...DeadMau5, Drake, k.d. lang, Anne Murray, and Darrin o'Brien aka Snow should be added to the list of crap that should never have been allowed across the border.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How about "I don't get it"?

I just do not understand why grown mean use baby talk, for anything.:dunno:

Is it like the trend a couple of years ago for young women to slur their speech?

It is something straight out of an Anthony Daniels (Theodore Darlymple) book, perhaps the Mandarins and the Masses, where people seek to defile themselves in order to have a physical manifestation of their subjugation to others.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Nickelback...do I need to go on? (btw, I was adding to the list of garbage "artists" to show that crappy Canadian music isn't a new thing). While we're doing this...DeadMau5, Drake, k.d. lang, Anne Murray, and Darrin o'Brien aka Snow should be added to the list of crap that should never have been allowed across the border.

Geezz.... Soo many Canadians here. Why dont we just go ahead and Annex Canada?

I may have forgot my purple again...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This thread has taken a turn for the worse. Been a lot of drama on the board though lately.

Hell with it, call it what you want. As long as the tool does its job whether it be home defense, shooting a deer to put food on the table, or blasting some clays out of the sky. It is what it is, lets move on!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

apology's for the mini rant. Just curious how so many can hate on a term I have used since 1962. I do not always use it but sometimes and mainly in reverence for 2 special people.
    Posted this term on the shotgun thread and Hookeye got a bit twisted up over it and was a bit on the dark side. Really. Carry on, the Canadian music stuff is good.

Steelman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    Danville, IN
    Wow...this all started as a joke. So much hate out there for a term. Really does not matter to me. If my highly decorated army ranger uncle wanted to call them shoty's, well, they will always be that to me. This thread has raised up those memory's of my childhood going out to shoot with them (2 rangers) and taking the 1911's and the "Shotty's". One is gone now and the other is not far behind. Screw an X-Box, never had one, up your heat shield....none of my "Shotty's" have one. Relax, it is just a term.
    No wonder Scutter is out. Childish crap.

Hey Friendo,

Why don't you take a big bite of this sunshine sandwich over here? Maybe that will heal your broken heart. *sniff*

kthxbai

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    For me, I think of the shotgun much the way one would think of any capable, hard working tool that does its thing as designed any time all the time every time. It is in the same category as "the truck", "the shotgun". It has reached a level of respect that is all brand inclusive and relies on getting the job done.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    OK, two 12 yr olds want to go dove hunting with you.
    You can take only one.
    One kid calls his Remington a "shotty"
    The other calls his a "shotgun".
    Who you gonna take?

;)

The terminology IMHO doesn't tell about the capabilities of the tool, as much as it does that of the user.

Generalization? Yes.

But it appears to be validated more often than not (as I have witnessed on this and other forums).

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^

apology's for the mini rant. Just curious how so many can hate on a term I have used since 1962. I do not always use it but sometimes and mainly in reverence for 2 special people.
    Posted this term on the shotgun thread and Hookeye got a bit twisted up over it and was a bit on the dark side. Really. Carry on, the Canadian music stuff is good.
    Don't take this stuff personally... people are just bustin' your chops a little... all in good fun! (Well, except for the Canadian part - :):) If the term holds a special place in your heart, as it clearly does, use it all you want. :yesway:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Never really thought about it. Can't really say I like or dislike the term. Doesn't really bother me at all and I will admit I have said it a few times myself.

Top Bottom