• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GARANDGUY

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2010
    SOUTHERN INDIANA
    I forgot his name but we have done shows with him in Evansville and Seymore too. According to another show promoter im friends with this was not his first ND at a gun show

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I forgot his name but we have done shows with him in Evansville and Seymore too. According to another show promoter im friends with this was not his first ND at a gun show

O. M. *. G.

:xmad:

Praying my wife doesn't hear about this because my little man will be old enough to start taking to shows soon.:xmad:

Of course I'll probably end up telling her myself. :D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Will somebody who was there post who it was?

don't know his name, watched him walking in and out loading his stuff up though

police report should have details about it.

lots of people there, so where are the cell phone pictures?

I know someone who has a picture of him packing, a really good one of his face. I'll see if I can get it from him. I was to far away and wasn't really that interested in having his ugly mug on my phone.

termite

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2011
    I was walking out the door when this happened. The guy was lucky he did not kill someone. That being said he was most certainly not the only one mishandling a firearm on Friday.

Wingcollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Zionsville
    I still for the life of me cannot understand why anyone feels the need to carry a loaded into a gun show. And yes I have my lifetime LTCH, but seriously, do people think they are going to get mugged in the 1500? Really? :dunno:

Thank God that my wife didn't hear about this moron, or I would NEVER be able to take my sons to a show again!

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I still for the life of me cannot understand why anyone feels the need to carry a loaded into a gun show. And yes I have my lifetime LTCH, but seriously, do people think they are going to get mugged in the 1500? Really? :dunno:

We usually have about 100K in guns at our cost and tens off thousands in cash. Call me silly, but I can think of a reason to have a loaded gun.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    We usually have about 100K in guns at our cost and tens off thousands in cash. Call me silly, but I can think of a reason to have a loaded gun.
    I hope I'm not the only one that has an issue with this statement.

You should never draw your gun unless you are in fear of your life, not for loss of some property. Also, there is a lot of security around the 1500. Christ, you can't walk comfortably down the ailes much less make a "quick getaway". Finally, if you would be willing to draw a gun in that room, with that many bystanders, over your 100K inventory, than I don't ever want to be there again.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

You should never draw your gun unless you are in fear of your life, not for loss of some property. Also, there is a lot of security around the 1500. Christ, you can't walk comfortably down the ailes much less make a "quick getaway". Finally, if you would be willing to draw a gun in that room, with that many bystanders, over your 100K inventory, than I don't ever want to be there again.

You are not seeing the reason. It is not necessarily for inside the building but once you step out that door. There is no security from the door to your vehicle.

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    The issue that has been discussed and the issue on Friday was a loaded firearm in the show. The issue of security while going to your vehicles hasn't even been mentioned.

The vendors don't remove their wares each night. If they want to load up AFTER THE PATRONS HAVE LEFT in order to move safely to their vehicles, fine. But that's not what the intent of that message was.

The issue is loaded guns inside the show and the more I thought about the previous post the more it disturbed me, especially in light of Friday's incident. That message, IMHO, is just plain wrong.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The issue that has been discussed and the issue on Friday was a loaded firearm in the show. The issue of security while going to your vehicles hasn't even been mentioned.

The vendors don't remove their wares each night. If they want to load up AFTER THE PATRONS HAVE LEFT in order to move safely to their vehicles, fine. But that's not what the intent of that message was.

The issue is loaded guns inside the show and the more I thought about the previous post the more it disturbed me, especially in light of Friday's incident. That message, IMHO, is just plain wrong.

I holstered weapon is a safe weapon. You are asking for a ND by having everyone clear a weapon and load a weapon at COB

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    i was two feet away watchin very closely when it took place due to me having a glock 23 i wanted to see if the guy did something that i did not know about. if he was left handed he would have shot either his baby or me or my buddy. i am an EMT and asked if he wanted me to help but he said no so i just stood there lookin around to be sure no one else was hit. very happy no one else got hit by this guys oops. could b avoided if everyone follows the proper safety rules with a firearm

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Don't want to put words in his mouth, but I took it to mean that having all of that money and inventory, makes them a tempting target.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Don't want to put words in his mouth, but I took it to mean that having all of that money and inventory, makes them a tempting target.

that's it exactly, as vendors walk to and from vehicles before and after the show they are always carrying money. That is never left in the show.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I was at my booth and pushed my wife to the ground and grabbed for an AR mag and my rifle. The "vendor" was not a FFL but a regular selling guns that had tables I believe. We have done shows with him in Evansville and yes he is a dumbass! They shouldve charged him with criminal reclessness at least imo. On a more positive note it was nice meeting some of you guys today. I thought Que would be bigger,lol.

So let me get this straight. You pushed your wife down AND got away with it?

HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    Sorry to all of the vendors, but I don't agree. I'm kind of surprised.

My understanding, coming into a show as a patron, is that there are no loaded guns, period. I'm disappointed to see vendors advocating carrying inside the venue. Given the incidents at the last couple of shows, all caused by vendors, this is surprising to me.

As I recall, there is a "Vendor Exit Only". Load up once outside that exit.

Under no circumstances would a responsible gun owner wield a loaded weapon in a room with that many bystanders. Given that, there is no reason to have a loaded gun inside the show. None. I don't care how much inventory or $$$$ you have on hand. Load up outside of the exit if you are taking inventory or cash out.

Every incident I've heard of started with a vendor and holstered gun.

Top Bottom