• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HDSilvrStreak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Fishers
    It was not on purpose, but it was negligent (not "accidental").

I'm also surprised at everyone being shocked that it was a vendor or that "Vendors should know better". It's not like it takes a special license or safety instruction to be a vendor at the 1500. They don't even have to be FFLs. You just have to be able to fill out a form and write a check.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Checked the Indy Star's website to see what they said about it. There is no link to a story about it on the home page. However, there is a link for "Speedway man is bitten by kitten".

Thats terriable...I sure hope this guy recovers from his wounds, did the kitten have rabies?

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I was one row over and even with the dude's table - I was waiting for the papework on an RIA in 9mm. I'll admit it sped up my shopping from that point, grabbed some ammo a cool knife from Knife Lady and GTHO of there.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I was there when it happened. It did not sound like a gun shot, it sounded like something heavy was dropped on the floor. Of course, I have never heard a gun shot indoors. Then they came over the intercom about it. That guy is a moron, and made all gun owners look stupid and irresponsible. Just what the liberal media needs. I heard he dropped the magazine then pulled the trigger. You can not fix stupid, you always treat a gun as it's loaded.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    By the way, what I was told yesterday about who the vendor was - and who he sub-let his tables from - was apparently incorrect. No one I've talked to here knows who the vendor was or who he sub-let his table from, but the report is that they're both banned from the 1500 forever.

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been around guns a lot for over 45 years. I have seen a gun fired accidently, like sometimes someone just set the trigger off a little unexpectly, etc. probably 5 or 6 times. This could be a wakeup call for many of us to be extra carefull.

Bshaw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Kokomo
    Gunshot at 1500

I was there when it happened wasnt good at all, scared my wife and myself. Sawthe guy with plastic wrapped arouund his hand and lots of LEOs about the area.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Ya know . . . if he had a proper backstop in order to tear down his Glock, say sandbags or a sand barrel, this would not have transpired.

And INGO mocked me for advocating sand barrels and a sand bag reinforced fiddle table.:D

Better to be mocked than see a vendor picking up his finger off the deck or to see a ric hit a kid. Where are the mockers now saying that a safety area is unnecessary? Just unload it in the parking lot . . . or in the middle of the show.

Seriously, let's have a safety area so the Cleti can jack with their guns. Sand barrels and fiddle tables. . . now.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    And INGO mocked me for advocating sand barrels and a sand bag reinforced fiddle table.:D

Believe me. I would like to see a sand barrel at the entrance to the 1500. I only mock you because you're like a broken record when it comes to this topic.

I will say that while I was in line waiting to get in this morning I had three different firearms pointed at me. It took all I had to bite my tongue. :xmad:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Ya know . . . if he had a proper backstop in order to tear down his Glock, say sandbags or a sand barrel, this would not have transpired.

Better to be mocked than see a vendor picking up his finger off the deck or to see a ric hit a kid. Where are the mockers now saying that a safety area is unnecessary? Just unload it in the parking lot . . . or in the middle of the show.

Seriously, let's have a safety area so the Cleti can jack with their guns. Sand barrels and fiddle tables. . . now.

Im not sure sand barrels would help to solve that kind of problem. :dunno:

Some guys just dont have common sense and dont know much about gun safety.
    Even with a sand barrel at the door this guy, and others, would still carry their loaded gun inside the building.
    This guy would still play around with his loaded gun instead of keeping it in its holster where it should be.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Im not sure sand barrels would help to solve that kind of problem. :dunno:

Some guys just dont have common sense and dont know much about gun safety.
    Even with a sand barrel at the door this guy, and others, would still carry their loaded gun inside the building.
    This guy would still play around with his loaded gun instead of keeping it in its holster where it should be.

I agree it wouldn't have helped in that instance, but it would be nice to have a safe place to unload and reload at the entrance to the show. It also wouldn't have helped the two obese hilljacks from walking up to the show carrying two rifles and a handgun in their hands pointing each weapon repeatedly at the entire line of people outside.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I only mock you because you're like a broken record when it comes to this topic.

Whipping that dead horse is the only way people will listen.

How many gun owners do not believe that NDs occur? How many gun owners believe that they will never be shot be some other numbnuts with a gun? How many do not believe that guns can fire without triggers being depressed? How many have no idea that they should not just "unload it" wherever they happen to be?

Im not sure sand barrels would help to solve that kind of problem.

Slyvain, it is more a "build it and they will come". If you have an area that is safe then people will use it rather than just whip it out in the parking lot on near children in strollers.

Top Bottom