• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    how about a curve? I bought a benelli nova ($350 new). Very smooooth action, 18" barrel, and it can be std or pistol grip stock. Did i mention is comes with ghoast ring sights?

I added a magazine tube extension, recoil reducer and clamp with stream light. Now i have a $450 gun for the house and three gun duties.

Reliable, smooth, great sights, with the 5 round buttstock band it has 13 rounds ready to rock. I think for the money you cant beat it. Handle one, it will surprise you.

Or check mine out sunday up at ACC multi gun match.

i saw one(or it may have been a super nova, i cant remember) on guns and ammo with the telescopic stock. id really like to get that, but i cant find one anywhere.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I prefer the 870, Mossys work too. I own them both. As far as accessories go; stop it. The only accessory you need for an HD shotgun is good ammo, maybe a light pending your situation. REMEMBER pistol grips are for pistols, Leave the stock on it (this has been beaten to death). Possibly the best accessory is to shoot it, train with it. Tacticool shot guns look cool, I have been down that road. Clamp a bunch of crap on it, take it out, crap flies off; fails, leaving you with all you need.... a good shotgun that you can handle and use.

X2 Eventually a 20 gauge will be my home defense gun and hunting gun from time to time. I would add a scope for hunting though.

atkinson3069

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    i would buy one already done but if you do it your self then you are gonna get what you want and if you get one already done you may just settle for the way that it is

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Knoxx recoil reduction stock. ohh so worth it. I have the Ar type on my 870. Also have a mesa side saddle but thats more for the look i wanted. though I put 3 slugs and three 00buck in the saddle. 5 number 4 bird in the tube. empty chamber and one less a full tube so i could change needs in a hurry from the saddle. :)

prostate

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Greencastle, IN
    SO alot of these accesories say "for remmington 870". I look at remmingtons website and there are a tone of 870's. Does this mean the accessories will fir and work with ANY 870 model, ie 870 Express?
    If you were going to get an 870, I would suggest a 12 gauge since most of the accessories out there are for 12 gauge models

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    for home defense. Basic 18-20 inch barrel. Regular stock or one with a pistol grip but full buttstock. Flashlight attachment and ammo side carrier. Buy lots of #1 or larger buckshot and practice. See what groups best for your needs. Be aware that the express models do not do well with adding a longer tube to the mag. You will either have to punch or drill out the dimples.

Last edited:

seamusalaska

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    East Central IN
    I'm with msquared on this one. Benelli Nova. I think they're the Glock of shotguns. (let the games begin). We keep the Mossburg 590 Marincote as a back-up but the go-to shotgun is the Benelli. But, they may not be for everybody. I picked one up at a Sportsmans Warehouse to get a feel for it and it sold itself. Read some reviews and bought it the same day. Research it, you might be surprised.

Top Bottom