• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I went out to dinner this evening with my wife and daughter. We chose a restaurant that was moderately crowded and sat down. As I looked around I noticed that between myself, a fellow INGOer and 3 of my off-duty police buddies, the sheep were well shepherded....and not a single one of them likely knew it. I just found it interesting that there were at least 5 armed individuals in the building and the world didn't come to an end;)

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    you mean your guns didn't leap out of their holsters and shoot all the sheeple there? guns are dangerous! how can you sleep at night after putting all those people in danger?!?!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Hi VUPDBlue,

I still remember a time when I was a completely naieve teenager, I was absolutely shocked when I saw someone get sliced up on a basketball court where we were playing. There have unfortunately been other violent incidents that I have witnessed throughout my life but none of them haunt me like the first one and it keeps me on edge every time I set food outside the font door.

I also get that rarely found sense of "Almost Calm" when I'm around other "Sheepdogs" whether they be armed and skilled civi's or LEO. Just knowing that if the SHTF I'm not the only person in the room who is ready to or can deal with any threats that could arise while I'm out and about definitely reduces my ambient stress level.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I got asked the other day by a friend of mines wife why I carry a gun. She was not against it, and had some good questions about what it took for me to be able to carry. They have a gun that stays in the home and she doesn't know how to use it.

I baisicly boiled it down to this;
    Ever since I was 18 and joined the Military Police Corps, I have had a loaded weapon at my side for most of my adult life. I carried several every day I was deployed in Afghanistan and I know what can go wrong in the world. I wear mine for my family and yours saftey. Outside of combat I've only ever had to even show my weapon in a threatening situation once. That night it saved me from getting mugged.

Once I explained my reasons she understood and was not the least bit concerned about it, she just wanted to know my reasons. I think a lot of the "sheep" are the same way, I don't think everyone is anti gun, just uninformed or misinformed population about what they see on the news.

If I were to see someone else in a resturant with a weapon OC or C'ed I'd just tip my hat or maybe buy them a drink.

Harried

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2010
    I went out to dinner this evening with my wife and daughter. We chose a restaurant that was moderately crowded and sat down. As I looked around I noticed that between myself, a fellow INGOer and 3 of my off-duty police buddies, the sheep were well shepherded....and not a single one of them likely knew it. I just found it interesting that there were at least 5 armed individuals in the building and the world didn't come to an end;)

So if you're police, you think your job is to "shepherd sheep", and by calling unarmed civilians sheep, you're implying that you'd rather have everyone armed so that the police won't have to do what they're paid to do. Is this right? On the other hand, if you're a civilian and you carried in this restaurant, and you think you're "shepherding sheep", just what do you think you'll do if there was a disturbance? What will an armed civilian do if there was an abusive customer there, or if a domestic fight broke out between a couple, or if someone ran out on their tab? Will you have acted like a "hero" and drawn your gun and shot people? Just what do you think you are "shepherding" people from, and by the way, did these people ask you to be their "shepherd"? Carrying a firearm is for self-defense, not for vigilante BS, even if that's what makes you feel better. In other words, MYOFB, you're not the town savior.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    So if you're police, you think your job is to "shepherd sheep", and by calling unarmed civilians sheep, you're implying that you'd rather have everyone armed so that the police won't have to do what they're paid to do. Is this right? On the other hand, if you're a civilian and you carried in this restaurant, and you think you're "shepherding sheep", just what do you think you'll do if there was a disturbance? What will an armed civilian do if there was an abusive customer there, or if a domestic fight broke out between a couple, or if someone ran out on their tab? Will you have acted like a "hero" and drawn your gun and shot people? Just what do you think you are "shepherding" people from, and by the way, did these people ask you to be their "shepherd"? Carrying a firearm is for self-defense, not for vigilante BS, even if that's what makes you feel better. In other words, MYOFB, you're not the town savior.

It was just an observation that there were at least 5 armed people at that given time in a restaurant.

I dont know why I am explaining this to you as your time on here will be short.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon

Wow! Post #2 was worse than your 1st! :noway:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!

Smoking357 ??? is that you??? :D

Top Bottom