• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When is sexual activity appropriate and should men and women behave the same?

• Total voters
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I voted for the last one. I'm not religious at all, but I personally don't think its best to be a man whore. I can still count everyone I've had sex with on one hand, and thats hopefully how it will stay. However, I could give a **** what anyone else does. I'm not going to subject others to my own value system.

Might as well, the overly religious don't hold back.

I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I don't feel like reading through all 90+ posts...

Did over 39 percent of the voters in this thread really wait until marriage to have sex?

I know it's not impossible, but it's hard to believe.

Exactly what I was thinking, lol

I just wanted to say how impressed I am with my INGO brethren and...sistren (is that the word?)...that the largest percentage of votes have been for sex within the bounds of marriage. It's nice to know the high number of those here with very high moral standards. :ingo:

Really? So if you arent religious and didnt wait until you are married, you are somehow morally inferior?

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What would be interesting is to know the age groups of the voters compared to their votes. Then it would be interesting to know how people thought 10-20 years ago and if their thoughts had changed on the subject. Of course, some of our members wouldn't have even been out of diapers at that time.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ghostinthewood
    I voted for the last one. I'm not religious at all, but I personally don't think its best to be a man whore. I can still count everyone I've had sex with on one hand, and thats hopefully how it will stay. However, I could give a **** what anyone else does. I'm not going to subject others to my own value system.

Might as well, the overly religious don't hold back.

I've read every post in this thread. Aside from a rules violation that was removed, I haven't noticed anyone pushing a value system. Please show me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benny
    I apologize in advance if this has already been addressed, but I don't feel like reading through all 90+ posts...

Did over 39 percent of the voters in this thread really wait until marriage to have sex?

I know it's not impossible, but it's hard to believe.

Exactly what I was thinking, lol

Actually, 39% stated the opinion that waiting until marriage is the best choice. It is possible they did not wait, but have decided it would have been better if they had.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TiminMishawaka
    I just wanted to say how impressed I am with my INGO brethren and...sistren (is that the word?)...that the largest percentage of votes have been for sex within the bounds of marriage. It's nice to know the high number of those here with very high moral standards. :ingo:

Really? So if you arent religious and didnt wait until you are married, you are somehow morally inferior?

Firstly, non-believers have claimed for years that belief in God is not necessary for someone to behave morally. TiminMishawaka praises high moral standards, but doesn't mention religion.
    Secondly, to praise someone as having high moral standards does not mean those who behave differently are morally inferior. I know someone with high moral standards who doesn't drink alcohol. That doesn't mean I think someone who has a beer is morally deficient.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sex is a beautiful expression of intimacy. It's sad to me that it's been turned into something sacred or dirty depending on who's having it.

Sex can be a beautiful expression of intimacy, but it can also be misused.
    Sex between two people who truly love each other is quite different from sex between two people just out for a good time or when one or both just want to "put another notch on the gun."

I don't believe "who's having it" is as important as "why."

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    Wonder if your husband or wife is having an extra-martial affair? Do a little research on the Masters and Johnson report. You might be surprised, confused, angered, confrontational with the facts, enlightened or whatever. Just read for yourself.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A little analysis:

100 people (55%) believe sex should be within a long-term relationship or marriage.
    62 People (34%) say within marriage, only.
    44 people (24%) say anywhere, anytime, with anybody.
    6 people (3%) want different rules for men and women.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I think sex is what you make it. As I stated before, I havn't had sex with very many people, especially considering that the average last i heard was 7, but I don't think it has to be something super special either. I personally wouldn't sleep with total strangers. I've only slept with people that are close to me and that I trust(ed), but sometimes it was just for fun..

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I think sex should be between 2 people in a commited relationship but I think our society has made sex a shameful thing to try to curb promiscuity. We've carried our body parts around our entire lives and we know them intimately and what we like. Yet in a relationship, we hide that knowledge so as not to seem experienced. Our society equates experience with promiscuity. I think that's where a lot of sexual frustration comes in. We are afraid to express to our partners what we want because we feel "dirty" for doing so.

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    I think sex should be between 2 people in a commited relationship but I think our society has made sex a shameful thing to try to curb promiscuity. We've carried our body parts around our entire lives and we know them intimately and what we like. Yet in a relationship, we hide that knowledge so as not to seem experienced. Our society equates experience with promiscuity. I think that's where a lot of sexual frustration comes in. We are afraid to express to our partners what we want because we feel "dirty" for doing so.
    I like this. I believe in moderation, but also Repression leads to Compensation.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I just realized I neglected to say "among consenting adults."

I hope everyone agrees that criminal acts and relations with those under the age of legal consent are not included in any category.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    I got a chuckle out of the choices in the poll. A woman that has sex with a man that won't marry her, is not in a committed relationship. She's just petting the dog.

Marriage is a committed relationship, anything else is not...it's just a convenient way to sooth your perhaps guilty conscious.

"Oh sure we have sex and maybe a kid or two, but it's ok, we're in a commitment..." - wake up Susie

Top Bottom