• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • When is sexual activity appropriate and should men and women behave the same?

• Total voters

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Que, I was thinking that you have both a boy and girl correct? If so then you can take the first boy who wants to date your daughter into your "man cave" and show him your growing and very sharp knife collection. With enough emphasis on the first boy I am sure the word would spread. Maybe....a little face camo and Full Metal Jacket playing on the television while you show your collection:D

I just took her four-dozen donuts to school for her 13th birthday! I joke about writing their names on some 12g shells and I'm sure I will do it. :D But, we'll just teach our kids what we've learned and pray they will make the best decision. Anyway, I'm more worried about my son than my daughter. Little girls are VERY "outgoing" these days.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I would not buy a car without test driving it but don't fault somebody if they do. Like it or not sex is a big part of marriage and a "soul connection" will ultimately fail without physical connection. I know too many people that are miserable in sexless relationships but tough it out. Think for yourselves people, organized religion is about mind control! Follow your own spirituality through life, it isn't trying to mislead you or get something from you.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Would not have bothered me in the least little bit...
    Might have even struck up a conversation that way.... :D

Now the Father who owned a Car Crusher and Happened to be crushing a car much like my own the day I had to ask his Daughter out...
    That left a LASTING impression on my feeble little mind...
    By the way she was home 30 minutes early from every date...

Or the Father who happened to own a track hoe that could dig a 25' deep hole...

Those 2 knew how to convey an understanding through a teen aged males hormone fogged mind...

Threats never worked on me. :dunno: I knew they wouldn't follow through.

Most of the time it made me want to break up with the girl, because I didn't want to be married to a family full of psychos.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have always enjoyed that Bad Boys II part, when the kid came to pick up Martin Lawrence's daughter for a date. Now that's hilarious!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Threats never worked on me. :dunno: I knew they wouldn't follow through.

Most of the time it made me want to break up with the girl, because I didn't want to be married to a family full of psychos.

Yep, I totally agree. Sometimes dads can go too far and run away the good guys who are a little rough around the edges and embrace that "good kid" that is nothing more than an Eddie Haskel (re: Leave it to Beaver). My firs girlfriend's father didn't like me because we lived on the wrong side of the tracks. Her next boyfriend (from the right side of the tracks), beat her and got her pregnant. :dunno:

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I would not buy a car without test driving it but don't fault somebody if they do. Like it or not sex is a big part of marriage and a "soul connection" will ultimately fail without physical connection. I know too many people that are miserable in sexless relationships but tough it out. Think for yourselves people, organized religion is about mind control! Follow your own spirituality through life, it isn't trying to mislead you or get something from you.

That used to be my philosophy as well, but you can learn to have great sex.

You do need to be physically attracted to them though.

Most relationships end up sexless because one person doesn't feel the other persons needs are important.

If you're really in love and it's important to you, then it should also be important to them, and vice versa.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Any "test driving" can be done outside of the sack.

All you really need to know is if a person considers your feelings to be important. If they're always telling you to "get over it" or "toughen up" then you'll likely get the same response when her libido goes south.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I find the "buying a car without test driving it" analogy interesting.
    Cars don't have feelings, people do.

Just my :twocents:.

I think that is a relevant point. So long as both people understand the level of commitment then I see nothing wrong with going for a test drive. If one person misrepresents their interest in the car just so that they can get the test drive when they have no intention of buying or even leasing the car, then I think that it is a problem.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Are there really 30+ people claiming to be virgins up until they got married?

I found that pretty "interesting" myself.

I couldn't even begin to remember how many people I slept with before I was married.

I do like the test driving a car analogy, although I wasn't test driving with any intent of buying. I was just interested in driving.

For those of you that argue that people get hurt when you have sex casually...Life is hard, suck it up.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Are there really 30+ people claiming to be virgins up until they got married?

Liars! :popcorn:

Now, that is inappropriate.
    If you could not or would not wait, that is your experience, but that is no reason to doubt the truthfulness of those who followed a different path.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    It's OK for men to have sex with anyone under any circumstances, but not for women to behave the same way.
    bar2-l.gif
    bar2.gif
    bar2-r.gif
    clear.gif

Women, within the marriage; men can have sex outside the marriage.
    bar3-l.gif
    bar3.gif
    bar3-r.gif
    clear.gif

Who actually voted for these

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Context dictates discussion and how I answer. My definition of marriage and when sex is appropriate is borrowed from philosophy and religion. Since it's a verboten topic, I have to play the philosophy/psychology answers to higher degrees but my answer is less complete because of the constraints of the forum and the question.

I think that sex is best appreciated when it is between one man, one woman and they've agreed to pledge their life to each other through marriage.

However, everyone has the right to have sex with any other legal aged and willing participant. Regardless of their gender, preference, fetish, etc.

The psychology of sex for men is vastly different than for women. The two genders are 100% equal but that does not mean that they are different.

From what I've read and seen, women have intertwined sexual relationships with emotions. Men rarely equal sex with emotion and therefore can usually be much more aggressive with their libidos. However, where woman seek emotional connection, men often seek approval/trust.

I was raised without guidelines or stipulations on how to approach sexual activity by my parents. I weighed the various options and philosophies of each situation and decided that I would not have sex with anyone until I was married. Some call it old fashioned, several people have given me :poop: for my decision but I don't regret it. This was not something that was demanded of me by a worldview. I saw it as another contribution I could make towards making my future wife feel that much more special. The symbolism, and I am a person who fully appreciates symbolism, of giving yourself to someone a gift that you cannot take back is pretty strong. I was fortunate enough to where the gift was also given back to me for a similar promise made by my wife.

If I had to live my life all over again, I would not have changed my mind about this situation. If I am blessed with children, I will encourage them to do the same... not because of a legalistic binding or demand but because it seems to be the best possible situation. If they don't follow in my foot steps, I'll love them anyway.

Please do not mistake this post as a touting of self-righteousness. It is in no way, shape or form intended to be one. Pride is an ugly thing.

Top Bottom