Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    uss-ted-kennedyChappaquiddick.jpg
    ROFLMAO!!!! :rofl: :lmfao:

The only fail in that pic is that they disgraced the Enterprise, (CVN-65) by misnaming her after that drunken jack:moon:.

Blessings,
    Bill

(Pami told me I can't call him a sanctimonious, drunken, ****bag son of a ***** on the board, so I settled for jack:moon:.)

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Two words - "Term Limits" That guy along with the rest
    of the senators should be limited to two terms. Period.

+1. The root of this spending orgy is to be found in the permanent political class we have allowed to develop. I am now represented in Washington by a Congressman and Senator who literally inherited their seats. The Founding Fathers specifically intended to avoid this. We desperately need to get term limits on the ballot.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    +1. The root of this spending orgy is to be found in the permanent political class we have allowed to develop. I am now represented in Washington by a Congressman and Senator who literally inherited their seats. The Founding Fathers specifically intended to avoid this. We desperately need to get term limits on the ballot.

Term limits would require a Constitutional Amendment. I think they're unnecessary. If people would stop propping up the current two party system & instead push for GOOD candidates, then their terms would be quickly ended. We have the power to limit their terms already, instead, people choose to vote for a team they think can "win" & a face they're comfortable with. Complacency be damned.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    o The Civil Rights Act of 1964
    o The Voting Rights Act of 1965
    o The COBRA Act of 1985
    o The Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
    o The Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993
    o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996

RIP

I can play that game, too, Ron:

07/22/2009 Carrying Concealed Firearms --- S Amdt 1618 --- NV --- Amendment Rejected - Senate (58 - 39)
    05/12/2009 Allowing Loaded Guns in National Parks --- S Amdt 1067 --- NV --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (67 - 29)
    02/25/2008 Prohibiting Funds in the Bill S 1200 from Being Used to Decrease Gun Ownership --- S Amdt 4070 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (78 - 11)
    07/13/2006 Firearm Confiscation Prohibition Amendment --- S Amdt 4615 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (84 - 16)
    07/29/2005 Firearms Manufacturers Protection bill --- S 397 --- N --- Bill Passed - Senate (65 - 31)
    07/28/2005 Child Safety Lock Amendment --- S AMDT 1626 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (70 - 30)
    03/02/2004 Firearms Manufacturers Protection bill --- S 1805 --- N --- Bill Failed - Senate (8 - 90)
    05/20/1999 Gun Show Sale Regulation Amendment --- S Amdt 362 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (51 - 50)
    07/21/1998 Gun Lock Requirement Amendment --- S Amdt 3230 --- N --- Amendment Tabled - Senate (61 - 39)
    11/20/1993 Brady Handgun Bill --- HR 1025 --- Y --- Bill Passed - Senate (63 - 36)
    11/17/1993 Prohibiting the Possession of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons --- S Amdt 1152 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (56 - 43)
    11/05/1993 Charging Teens as Adults for Crimes Involving a Firearm --- S Amdt 1117 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (64 - 23)

And that's just since 1993... how many anti-gun bills and pro-criminal bills did this POS vote to pass in his what, 30(?) years in the Senate prior to that? Not to mention all the other issues outside of 2A protection that his anti-American attitudes affected.

We are far better off rid of him. Good riddance.

Blessings,
    Bill

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Everything went to the dogs when congresscritters started getting paid.

I served 3 terms on the NRA Board of Directors. There were 75 of us, and the NRA Board has over 40 standing committees. Every year I attended the annual meeting plus periodic mid-year meetings, along with meetings of the committees on which I served. I was compensated for my travel, meals and lodging. Neither I or any other board member received one penny of salary or other remuneration for our service and attendance. I actually paid for the privilege since I more often than not had to use my compensatory time to take off to attend meetings.

The NRA Board is, for all practical purposes, a mini-congress. If we could do it, so can the congress in Washington. As long as election to the U.S. Congress is a life-long career that makes the electee rich and empowered to vote for his/her own perks (so appealing that a thug like Benedict Arlen will actually change parties to enhance his chances of re-election) this country is in the toilet and will stay there.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    :patriot:I might be a very bad person, but the first thing that went through my mind when I heard that the old fart had died was what will this liberal congress and president force down our throats as quickly as possible to honor the old goat. Teddy was very high on making it very easy for illegal immigrants to achieve citizenship by routes other than going through the military. They would almost certainly all vote democratic. He was also very high on the current health care reform crap including the public option. I do not wish death or cancer on anyone, but this guy did cause the drowning death of a young woman whose body was quickly cremated even though she was Catholic. The whole bunch used to gather at one of the family compounds whenever a family memeber was accused of murder or rape, or drug use or driving under the influence. Maybe I was just a little jealous at the preferential treatment that they all got since they were the royal family of America and lived in Camelot.

55spartan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Southern IN

07/22/2009 Carrying Concealed Firearms --- S Amdt 1618 --- NV --- Amendment Rejected - Senate (58 - 39)
    05/12/2009 Allowing Loaded Guns in National Parks --- S Amdt 1067 --- NV --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (67 - 29)
    02/25/2008 Prohibiting Funds in the Bill S 1200 from Being Used to Decrease Gun Ownership --- S Amdt 4070 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (78 - 11)
    07/13/2006 Firearm Confiscation Prohibition Amendment --- S Amdt 4615 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (84 - 16)
    07/29/2005 Firearms Manufacturers Protection bill --- S 397 --- N --- Bill Passed - Senate (65 - 31)
    07/28/2005 Child Safety Lock Amendment --- S AMDT 1626 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (70 - 30)

03/02/2004 Firearms Manufacturers Protection bill --- S 1805 --- N --- Bill Failed - Senate (8 - 90)
    05/20/1999 Gun Show Sale Regulation Amendment --- S Amdt 362 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (51 - 50)
    07/21/1998 Gun Lock Requirement Amendment --- S Amdt 3230 --- N --- Amendment Tabled - Senate (61 - 39)
    11/20/1993 Brady Handgun Bill --- HR 1025 --- Y --- Bill Passed - Senate (63 - 36)
    11/17/1993 Prohibiting the Possession of Semi-Automatic Assault Weapons --- S Amdt 1152 --- Y --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (56 - 43)
    11/05/1993 Charging Teens as Adults for Crimes Involving a Firearm --- S Amdt 1117 --- N --- Amendment Adopted - Senate (64 - 23)

And that's just since 1993... how many anti-gun bills and pro-criminal bills did this POS vote to pass in his what, 30(?) years in the Senate prior to that? Not to mention all the other issues outside of 2A protection that his anti-American attitudes affected.

Blessings,
    Bill

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! Good job on this and good riddance to an enemy of every God fearing, law abiding citizen, who just wants what the Constitution gave them.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    "this guy did cause the drowning death of a young woman whose body was quickly cremated even though she was Catholic."

Yes, and thanks to ol' Ted's influence she was not autopsied, therefore preventing his growing b**tard from being detected.

From a law enforcement point of view, to not autopsy a victim who died under such circumstances is beyond incredible.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis

I served 3 terms on the NRA Board of Directors. There were 75 of us, and the NRA Board has over 40 standing committees. Every year I attended the annual meeting plus periodic mid-year meetings, along with meetings of the committees on which I served. I was compensated for my travel, meals and lodging. Neither I or any other board member received one penny of salary or other remuneration for our service and attendance. I actually paid for the privilege since I more often than not had to use my compensatory time to take off to attend meetings.

The NRA Board is, for all practical purposes, a mini-congress. If we could do it, so can the congress in Washington. As long as election to the U.S. Congress is a life-long career that makes the electee rich and empowered to vote for his/her own perks (so appealing that a thug like Benedict Arlen will actually change parties to enhance his chances of re-election) this country is in the toilet and will stay there.

Sounds to me like that NRA board chews up a lot of those hard earned dues the little people send in hoping to protect our gun rights.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    You bet they do...which is the reason the 2nd Amendment hasn't been repealed and you're not in a guerrilla army right now fighting to take your country back.

I was on the NRA BOD for nine years and served on the Law Enforcement Committee for a couple of years before that. Members dollars are not misspent.

Attend a board meeting sometime and see how much NRA BOD members have on their plates.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Haikus for Ted

Chappaquiddick calls
    The killer of Mary Jo
    Go, death-car driver.

Mary Jo’s killer
    No longer walking the earth
    Justice, best served cold.

Two words - "Term Limits" That guy along with the rest
    of the senators should be limited to two terms. Period.

He will NOT be missed. - Sorry.

uss-ted-kennedyChappaquiddick.jpg

Chappaquiddick+Ted+Kennedy.jpg

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

Sounds to me like that NRA board chews up a lot of those hard earned dues the little people send in hoping to protect our gun rights.

You bet they do...which is the reason the 2nd Amendment hasn't been repealed and you're not in a guerrilla army right now fighting to take your country back.

I was on the NRA BOD for nine years and served on the Law Enforcement Committee for a couple of years before that. Members dollars are not misspent.

Attend a board meeting sometime and see how much NRA BOD members have on their plates.

Glockster, re-read the line I boldfaced above. The NRA BOD is (or at least was, I don't know if this is still true or not) unpaid. Liberty Sanders is saying this should be true of Congress as well.

Liberty Sanders,
    Thank you for your work on the board. I'm not crazy about some of the things the NRA has done, but I think we are better off with them than without them.

Blessings,
    Bill
    NRA Life Member

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    o The Civil Rights Act of 1964
    o The Voting Rights Act of 1965
    o The COBRA Act of 1985
    o The Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
    o The Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993
    o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996

RIP

Would all of this make you feel better if he drowned your sister?

Blessings,
    Bill

Don't getcherselves all stirred up. We all know Ron just likes to :stickpoke:.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Sen. Kennedy's life was saved by Indiana Sen. Birch Bayh (D), who pulled him from the wreckage of the plane on which both were passengers after it crashed near Springfield, Massachusetts in 1963.

A worthless SOB saving another worthless SOB. Glad he was sent packing, now if only his son could be shown the door also.

Top Bottom