• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    RIP Senator Edward M. Kennedy

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy succumbed tonight after his battle with brain cancer, the same disease that took the life of political columnist Robert Novak last week. The Washington Post describes him as "one of the most powerful and influential senators in American history.

" He should also be remembered, however, for the man who took the life of 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne. Forty years ago, a drunken Sen. Kennedy drove his car off a bridge at Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts. Kennedy saved his own skin and left his female passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, behind to drown in his submerged Oldsmobile. Kennedy never called for help. Instead, he returned to his room at a nearby guesthouse and called his attorneys and powerful friends to plan the coverup of his horrendous crime. "The tragedy had a corrosive effect on Kennedy's image and eroded his national standing," the Post writes.

Sen. Kennedy's life was saved by Indiana Sen. Birch Bayh (D), who pulled him from the wreckage of the plane on which both were passengers after it crashed near Springfield, Massachusetts in 1963. Kennedy suffered a broken back. It's quite a tragedy that he couldn't extend the same courtesy to Kopechne six years later. He won his first election for the U.S. Senate based on his family's name despite his young age and a damaging disclosure that he had been kicked out of Harvard for cheating on an exam. While many will be praising the life of Sen. Edward Kennedy, I will not be among them.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    "I'm a good swimmer, but I've always cared about those who can't swim." Ted Kennedy.

Mary Jo, when you hitch your wagon to a turd, sooner or later you're going to get flushed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    " He should also be remembered, however, for the man who took the life of 28-year-old Mary Jo Kopechne. Forty years ago, a drunken Sen. Kennedy drove his car off a bridge at Chappaquiddick Island, Massachusetts. Kennedy saved his own skin and left his female passenger, Mary Jo Kopechne, behind to drown in his submerged Oldsmobile. Kennedy never called for help. Instead, he returned to his room at a nearby guesthouse and called his attorneys and powerful friends to plan the coverup of his horrendous crime. "The tragedy had a corrosive effect on Kennedy's image and eroded his national standing," the Post writes.

Sen. Kennedy's life was saved by Indiana Sen. Birch Bayh (D), who pulled him from the wreckage of the plane on which both were passengers after it crashed near Springfield, Massachusetts in 1963. Kennedy suffered a broken back. It's quite a tragedy that he couldn't extend the same courtesy to Kopechne six years later. He won his first election for the U.S. Senate based on his family's name despite his young age and a damaging disclosure that he had been kicked out of Harvard for cheating on an exam. While many will be praising the life of Sen. Edward Kennedy, I will not be among them.

I didn't realize all that. What a scumbag.

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis

He's been riding the "Victim" train for all these years.
    There was even an advertisement for Volkswagons... showing a VW Beetle floating in a pool... the caption read "If Ted drove a VW, he wouldn't be in the hot water he is today"

When asked about what he thought of an upcoming vote, Teddy said "I'll drive off that bridge when I get to it."

It's ironic that someone who participated in the death of an impressionable young woman would be idolized by the Women's Lib movement.

SICK.

rjwin1967

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008

The list goes on and on. His father managed to get him assigned to Paris, France while he was in the army during the Korean War. He later criticized Geroge Bush for avoiding Vietnam by joining the Air National Guard. He was kicked out of Harvard for cheating, but old dad's money managed to get him re-enrolled when he got out of the army. When he drove his Oldsmobile with Mary Jo Kopechne inside off the bridge in Chappaquiddick, he waited all night to tell Mary Jo Kopechne's parents before the news was broadcast. He left out the part where he was driving though. They found that out later. He has been the primary power behind of every piece of anti second amendment legislation. He was a limousine liberal of the worst kind and we are immensely better off without him.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    He was kicked out of Harvard for cheating, but old dad's money managed to get him re-enrolled when he got out of the army.

He also went to law school at University of Virginia which had a strict honor code barring admission to anyone caught cheating at any school. Somehow Daddy Joe got that waived also.

ron

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    o The Civil Rights Act of 1964
    o The Voting Rights Act of 1965
    o The COBRA Act of 1985
    o The Americans with Disabilities Act in 1990
    o The Family and Medical Leave Act in 1993
    o Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996

RIP

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Two words - "Term Limits" That guy along with the rest
    of the senators should be limited to two terms. Period.

He will NOT be missed. - Sorry.

uss-ted-kennedyChappaquiddick.jpg

Chappaquiddick+Ted+Kennedy.jpg

Top Bottom