• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Is that a widely-held view, that no homocide is ever justified? I don’t know anyone (personally) who advances that view. We have armed police, a standing army, and the death penalty...it seems our society is really pretty comfortable with homocide more broadly.

I would call that a misreading of my position. I would say killing an unborn baby who is no threat is not any more justified inside or outside the womb. If you are willing to limit abortion to situations where the physical life of the mother is in jeopardy, I may disagree fundamentally, but I would be on board with that. In other words, killing a baby is neither self-defense, nor otherwise justified except, arguably, in extremely rare circumstances.

I think I’m in agreement with most of you post, though...there is likely to be disagreement forever over whether abortion is justifiable at all, and if so...when.

Yeah, it's an intractable argument based upon deeply rooted belief systems. I hope that we can have rational discussions, individually and as a society, rather than just screaming at each other. That is tiresome. I don't believe that people who disagree with me are evil people. We can disagree in some areas and still be friends.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Tell me your opinions on jacking off, or women having periods. Can we really, in good conscience, allow all of this sperm and all of these unfertilized eggs to be wasted? To die such pointless deaths? Think of all the people that have been lost throughout time due to such carelessness. There ought to be a law.

Edit:

My point is you can go on an on all you want about differing opinions, but as soon as someone puts pen to paper, drafts a law, and passes it restricting the rights of another human being, you're not just hemming and hawing anymore, are you? You're actively oppressing another human being. The idea that you can do so while publicly stating "let's just agree to disagree" is absurd, at best. There is nothing noble about hurting other people so you can feel good about yourself.

Wow, if wasting sperm is a crime, I should be on death row. :lmfao:

Thanks, BTW. I now have this damn song stuck in my head. :):

[video=youtube;bzVHjg3AqIQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzVHjg3AqIQ[/video]

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yet another insightful and provocative response, I can see now that your post count makes you holier than I, please, resume fighting the good fight against reproductive rights and pay me no mind.

Just FYI for context as a new guy. (or gal) Its not unheard of for a user to create a shill account to say inflammatory things they wouldnt normally say under their actual account. That way if the shill account gets shootered (disabled) for things they said they can continue here under their normal account. Or a user previously shootered for causing trouble decides to shill up so they can talk smack again.

If neither applies, Welcome!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just FYI for context as a new guy. (or gal) Its not unheard of for a user to create a shill account to say inflammatory things they wouldnt normally say under their actual account. That way if the shill account gets shootered (disabled) for things they said they can continue here under their normal account. Or a user previously shootered for causing trouble decides to shill up so they can talk smack again.

Member since 2013.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yet another insightful and provocative response, I can see now that your post count makes you holier than I, please, resume fighting the good fight against reproductive rights and pay me no mind.

I'd say the "reproductive" part is over, scientifically speaking...Reproducing is what creates life....

re·pro·duc·tive
    /ˌrēprəˈdəktiv/
    adjective
    [COLOR=#878787 !important]adjective: reproductive

• relating to or effecting reproduction.
      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"the female reproductive system"[/COLOR]
      synonyms:generative, procreative, propagative; sexual, genital
      "reproductive organs"

[/COLOR]

Breynolds38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Indianapolis

Oh I'm not unfamiliar with people's behavior on the internet. And while I think it would be a little silly to assume I created a backup account five years ago in anticipation of this moment of disagreement on a small time local forum, I'm becoming increasingly convinced that there are people here who do things like that. I mostly post elsewhere (under a similar username, no less), and only joined here when a friend urged me to. I find that this place a little too right-wing for my liking, and only rarely stumble back.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Do you believe it should be illegal for any human ever to be taken off of a life support machine, as doing such would be murder?

Did you stipulate that a woman is a legal guardian? And that it's a child-- an actual person with rights?

Because when we're talking about taking someone off life support, we're talking about an actual person who has legal guardianship or a Living Will, DNR, etc and at least the opportunity to arrange his or her affairs.

So if you want to compare a woman's body to a life support machine (and it sort of is) then you necessarily imply that the patients in each situation are co equal and have the same legal rights and status as persons.

Otherwise, what's it's a useless hypethical as they are apples and oranges.

Breynolds38

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    Indianapolis
    For an example of why I don't post here much, see the dude above with his reasoned counter-argument of "WHERE YOU COME FROM, WHO YOU IS?" rather than having anything else to say on the matter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    For an example of why I don't post here much, see the dude above with his reasoned counter-argument of "WHERE YOU COME FROM, WHO YOU IS?" rather than having anything else to say on the matter.

giphy.gif

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So you don't like it here, everyone is doing it wrong, maybe it's you?

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Personhood is a straw man argument, so is the argument they “it’s all they have left”.

Pregnancy is dangerous, life altering, sometimes deadly. No other person has the right to force another person to hurt themselves...that takes consent. I have to be informed and willing to participate, and I can remove my consent.

If a women does not consent to carrying an unborn child, what right does anyone else have to subvert her decisions?

Wait a second. You are arguing against compelling someone to *get* pregnant. What does that have to do with *staying* pregnant?

If we're talking about forced insemination, you might have a point. But a woman who consents to having sex consents to getting pregnant, whether she's on the pill or not.

A man who has sex consents to fatherhood. That's why when the woman has the baby he doesn't want, he can still be made to pay child support.

It seems clear enough to me. Does it to you?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I agree, if there was a more visible leftist presence here to balance against the right-wing rhetoric, I would probably stick around, but it just doesn't seem to be the case. Not that I'm interested in finding an echo chamber.

Hey man, Kut does a pretty good job, please don't diminish his contributions.

Top Bottom