• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That’s pretty much my point of thought. As much as I don’t care for Braun I care even that much less for Democrats taking control of the Senate.

There was nothing wrong with the candidate other than a moment of inartfull wording. The non-PC wording was all the liberal media needed to get their guy's foot in the door. They successfully played on the mind of all the PC squishes and that crap still gets repeated as if it were true.

Have we not learned anything after having Indiana's Senatorial voting representation nullified for the last six years?

No more excuses. No more "I just couldn't..." No more "they are all the same..." No more "in good conscience..." That is all bull:poop:!

There are two choices; Vote for the guy that will preserve our Second Amendment or let the the other guy win. It's that simple.
    Exactly. I don't know why people can't understand this. Instead they vote with their "feelings". It boils down to the Second Amendment being protected.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    :dunno: That's how Donnelly was elected the first time.

You're assuming that the votes for Andy Horning really belonged to Mourdock. And that's a superficial assumption.

Donnelly was elected because 1) Democrats helped a terrible candidate (Mourdock) beat Dick Lugar in the Primaries. 2) The terrible candidate (Mourdock) answered a planned gotcha question stupidly. THAT's why Donnelly won. Andy Horning was a speed bump. If the terrible candidate (Mourdock) answers the planned gotcha question with some forethought (c'mon, it's the same damn question they gave to Todd Akin just months earlier), Andy Horning is still a nobody and Joe Donnelly is a cheesy used car salesman.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There was nothing wrong with the candidate other than a moment of inartfull wording. The non-PC wording was all the liberal media needed to get their guy's foot in the door. They successfully played on the mind of all the PC squishes and that crap still gets repeated as if it were true.

Have we not learned anything after having Indiana's Senatorial voting representation nullified for the last six years?

No more excuses. No more "I just couldn't..." No more "they are all the same..." No more "in good conscience..." That is all bull:poop:!

There are two choices; Vote for the guy that will preserve our Second Amendment or let the the other guy win. It's that simple.

Well, I wouldn't say 'nullified'. It's not like Donnelly voted exactly opposite every vote. But yeah, I can't wait to get rid of Donnelly too. However, it's not up to me or you who other people vote for. You vote YOUR consciences. They vote theirs. It's not a team sport. Andy Horning was a 2A supporter, BTW.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Thanks to everyone for their replies. I appreciate the discussion.

I’ll look into Brenton again. On her campaign website she claimed that although she is personally against abortion, she does not believe in government interference in medical decisions and would vote accordingly. Seems there’s coflicting information floating around. :dunno:

Are you kidding? Are you Freakin kidding? There's so many more important issues at stake, that you must not have a clue. The American way of life is at issue here, Sarah. Abortion is not being threatened. LGBT rights are not being threatened. Economic growth and prosperity for all Americans is what's being threatened. I can only hope that you see the light in time. You should check out the walkaway movement on youtube. Very compelling evidence of which direction you should go. All due respect.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If the libertarian candidates didn't hurt the republican vote the democrats would not be campaigning for them. They see it clear enough to put money against it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    To misquote Braveheart.

"You're so concerned with squabbling for the scraps from [the Republican's] table that you've missed your God given right to something better."

Fear is a great motivator. Even better than hope. That is what politicians depend on. That is why they run negative adds. They want everyone to be terrified that the other guy might win, so they can keep the 2 party sham going.

The biggest difference between Democrats and Republicans is that Democrats are more organized.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    DemocRats have no libertarian leanings (other than pot, but they want free pot), freedom and responsibility for their actions are anathema to them; they are totalitarian statists.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Sarah, respectfully what dogs do you have in the fight of "reproductive rights" and or "LGBTQ issues"?

Reproductive rights or the right to kill unborn humans is a mans best friend. Baseball, 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, Home Run is the goal of every male from adolescence to the grave. That sounds misogynistic, I know, that is why marriage is so important. I have been married for 35 years and have 5 children.

The play My Fair Lady has a song With a little bit of luck. In the song the men sing "With a little bit of luck you can have it all and not get caught. Once upon we had shotgun wedding. My dad taught my sisters about birth control. You take an aspirin and hold it between your knees. It is said that the only way my one sister ever got married was that she wouldn't "put out" until she had a ring on her finger. She has been married to a really good man for over 50 years.

So it is not the women who benefit from murdering babies it is the men who can continue to sow their wild oats with impunity.

If you are LGBTQ then abortion should not apply. If your concern for LGBTQ is simply altruistic, then it goes back to feelings. The biggest issue today since they can get a marriage license is pronouns, so do you feel that people should be compelled to use made up gender pronouns and accept more than two sexes. The little kid in Kindergarten Cop said it best. The problem is that the LGBTQ rights activists have made kindergarten into indoctrination centers.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    Sarah, respectfully what dogs do you have in the fight of "reproductive rights" and or "LGBTQ issues"?

Reproductive rights or the right to kill unborn humans is a mans best friend. Baseball, 1st base, 2nd base, 3rd base, Home Run is the goal of every male from adolescence to the grave. That sounds misogynistic, I know, that is why marriage is so important. I have been married for 35 years and have 5 children.

The play My Fair Lady has a song With a little bit of luck. In the song the men sing "With a little bit of luck you can have it all and not get caught. Once upon we had shotgun wedding. My dad taught my sisters about birth control. You take an aspirin and hold it between your knees. It is said that the only way my one sister ever got married was that she wouldn't "put out" until she had a ring on her finger. She has been married to a really good man for over 50 years.

So it is not the women who benefit from murdering babies it is the men who can continue to sow their wild oats with impunity.

If you are LGBTQ then abortion should not apply. If your concern for LGBTQ is simply altruistic, then it goes back to feelings. The biggest issue today since they can get a marriage license is pronouns, so do you feel that people should be compelled to use made up gender pronouns and accept more than two sexes. The little kid in Kindergarten Cop said it best. The problem is that the LGBTQ rights activists have made kindergarten into indoctrination centers.

Hi blue falcon,

As far as the reason I care about abortion, it’s personal and also concern for others. I do not want children, and although I am responsible when it comes to birth control I do know that there can be failures and nothing is perfect. I also don’t want to force anyone into motherhood who is not prepared, as that is not fair to the woman or the child she would likely resent. Also, if there is a fetal anomaly present women and their families should be able to choose if they want to abort rather than wait until birth for the child to have a short and painful life. Finally, I think the government should not be involved in these decisions whatsoever. I realize we may not agree on this, but I do respect your opinion and I hope you would respect mine.

As far as LGBT rights, I have many gay friends and a couple of transgender friends. I realize they have good rights currently, but I want to make sure nothing gets overturned that would negatively affect them.

Last edited:

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Are you kidding? Are you Freakin kidding? There's so many more important issues at stake, that you must not have a clue. The American way of life is at issue here, Sarah. Abortion is not being threatened. LGBT rights are not being threatened. Economic growth and prosperity for all Americans is what's being threatened. I can only hope that you see the light in time. You should check out the walkaway movement on youtube. Very compelling evidence of which direction you should go. All due respect.
    "All due respect" is not a magic phrase that makes a rude statement respectful, sir.

What issues are important to SarahG or any others are for them to decide, not for you to decide on her behalf or theirs.

You're free to try to convince her that her prioritization should more closely align with yours, but this kind of post is unlikely to move her in your direction.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Other than 2A rights I look for people who support reproductive choice and LGBT rights. It’s sadly hard to find a candidate meeting all of those qualifications, although most Libertarians fit the bill.

This will make for some interesting responses.

Edit- Well that did not take to long.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    "All due respect" is not a magic phrase that makes a rude statement respectful, sir.

What issues are important to SarahG or any others are for them to decide, not for you to decide on her behalf or theirs.

You're free to try to convince her that her prioritization should more closely align with yours, but this kind of post is unlikely to move her in your direction.

I agree completely.

While I may disagree with the young lady telling her she "must not have a clue" may not be the best way to begin a friendly discussion.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Hi blue falcon,

As far as the reason I care about abortion, it’s personal and also concern for others. I do not want children, and although I am responsible when it comes to birth control I do know that there can be failures and nothing is perfect. I also don’t want to force anyone into motherhood who is not prepared, as that is not fair to the woman or the child she would likely resent. Also, if there is a fetal anomaly present women and their families should be able to choose if they want to abort rather than wait until birth for the child to have a short and painful life. Finally, I think the government should not be involved in these decisions whatsoever. I realize we may not agree with this, but I do respect your opinion and I hope you would respect mine.

As far as LGBT rights, I have many gay friends and a couple of transgender friends. I realize they have good rights currently, but I want to make sure nothing gets overturned that would negatively affect them.

Fair enough.

I don't see how my gay brother is being deprived of any rights being held to the same definition of marriage that has exist for most of recorded human history. There are provision in the law that could be improved for sure. I support letting gay people easily arrange their legal affairs in any way they wish. Nor do I think the gov't should discriminate against them for tax purposes in any way. But we need not redefine "marriage" to something it isn't in order to prevent such undesirable discrimination against gay people.

As for abortion, I think most of the good intentions people have that support the barbaric practice first start with the assumption that a child can be a punishment or a bad thing.

It seems unlikely to me that any coherent moral philosophy can simultaneously hold that torturing an animal is unacceptable but killing a baby is. People like to pretend it's "part of the woman's body" but clearly that cannot be true as the woman had a complete body when she was born. It cannot be a part of her body if it is added later and stays only temporarily. It is a custodial relationship of a baby with distinct DNA and fingerprints. It is a separate human in a developmental state. These are facts whether the law recognizes them as such or not.

If you don't want to have kids, you are very fortunate that there's a 100% foolproof way to avoid such. Have you heard of celibacy?

Sex isn't a right, it is a privilege, one that comes with responsibility and occasionally that responsibility shows up in the flesh in the form of a baby.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    It’s pretty much a way to remove themselves from any personal responsibility.
    No consequences for their decisions.
    “I can’t be responsible for my actions, pay for my birth control.”
    Selfish to the extreme.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    As for abortion, I think most of the good intentions people have that support the barbaric practice first start with the assumption that a child can be a punishment or a bad thing.

It seems unlikely to me that any coherent moral philosophy can simultaneously hold that torturing an animal is unacceptable but killing a baby is. People like to pretend it's "part of the woman's body" but clearly that cannot be true as the woman had a complete body when she was born. It cannot be a part of her body if it is added later and stays only temporarily. It is a custodial relationship of a baby with distinct DNA and fingerprints. It is a separate human in a developmental state. These are facts whether the law recognizes them as such or not.

You're denying some basic reality here, and in doing so you're attacking a straw man. Of course, the abortion "debate" is really all about straw men on both sides, so nothing here is surprising.

The pro-abortion position isn't that killing babies is OK; it's that a fetus isn't a person. Nobody is denying that a fetus is alive. Nobody is denying that a fetus has distinct DNA from the woman. They are just saying that a fetus isn't a person and so doesn't deserve the rights of a person.

(Note that I never said that this is my position; I only said that the above argument attacks a straw man.)

Sex isn't a right, it is a privilege

If you are a fan of any kind of personal freedom, you don't want to advocate this position. This is not a road you want to go down.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Donnely really stepped in it last nite. (copied from twitter so I dont have to retype. My emphasis)

Some odd phrasing from Donnelly attempting to highlight the diversity of his staff:

"Our state director is Indian American, but he does an amazing job

Followed up with: “Our director of all constituent services, she’s African American. But she does an even more incredible job than you could ever imagine.”

BUT? :facepalm:

Reminds me something my late grandmother would say. Her attitude was a toned down Archie Bunker. Unlike him she would treat everyone equally, but at home in private, comments were... interesting. referring to "those people" while rolling her eyes, etc.

Top Bottom