• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I heard they are using alien technology to mark the guns.You need a black light from the 90's and your gun has to be inside a microwave oven in order for you to see those weird markings (5 minutes at full power for a Glock). :shady:

st-uvl.jpg

science-oven-vs-glock-172.jpg

Notice that the markings who are both on the slide and frame are not visible on this picture as the microwave is turned off.

Almost forgot you also need to be wearing 3D glasses or you wont see the markings.

3dglasses%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Finally, once you located the secret markings on your gun with the light, glasses and microwave oven (you will need a low-noise block downconverter hooked to to your microscope otherwise your wont get a polarized image ... duh!) you can look at it with a microscope.

The LNBD I used was a old W75 so the polarization was all messed up but I still got a good enough picture. :dunno:
    I had to manually set the dielectric oscillator on it, took forever.

MicrostampingSEM.jpg

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Even when the serial number is scratched off, my understanding is the Fibbies are pretty good at bringing it back up.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I could see them stamping the serial in an additional, hidden place. I think my S&W 36-1 has the serial stamped on the frame under the grips as well. But truly super secret? Nah... doubt it. :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    First, I gotta' say I am not the least bit surprised that this took a LEO-bashing turn.

Just saw this.

You misunderstand. I was teaching at the Vanderbergh County Public Defender's Office, not the Evansville Police Department.

Here=>http://www.vanderburghgov.org/index.aspx?page=78

In my world "PD" is Public Defender, not police department.:D

In a side gig, I teach CLE for the IPDC ("Load & Make Ready: Understanding Indiana Firearms Law"). If anything this was lawyer-bashing.:D

Top Bottom