• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Some of you should be expecting a PM from me soon regarding names on nametags. Just a heads up.

Mass PM sent:

Dear Fellow INGOers,

I hope you are all as excited about the upcoming NFA Day ’09 as I am! This year is going to be bigger and better than the original. We’ve got many new items to demo, as well as two new vendors we’ve added to the roster. You won’t be disappointed!

As I am in charge of creating nametags, I am requesting some information from you via Private Message. Here is what I need:

• Your first name only.
    • The first names of anyone attending with you (list their screen name too if they’re registered on INGO).

For up-to-the-minute updates on NFA Day status, you can always click the following links. You can also post any general inquires there as well.

NFA Day: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ual_ingo_nfa_day_saturday_sept_26_2009_a.html

Alumni Shoot: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo_events/38132-nfa_day_09_alumni_shoot_sign-up.html

Also, keep an eye on your PM box, as our host, lovemywoods, will soon be providing everyone with a food assignment, plus driving directions to the range.

See you all in three weeks!

Evan

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    I have a question on ammo.. What is an appropriate amount of ammo to bring? There are quite a few attendees (ie time constraints) and I would not want to feel as if I were abusing this privilege by wearing out anyone's expensive firearm. I mean do the vendors just not care like hey come shoot 10000 rounds outa my rifle in a day. I want to bring enough to have a good time and to fully experience the event, I just do not want to seem overbearing or inconsiderate to the vendors good will in offering us this opportunity...

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have a question on ammo..

Here was my PM'd response, so everyone else can see as well. . .

Very good question!

First, take a look at the equipment list and see what you'd most like to shoot.

For this example, let's say you wanna shoot the full-auto Ruger AC556, which shoots 5.56/.223 in 30 round magazines (I think, maybe 20.. . .hmm)

If you figure you will get to cycle to the line maybe 10 times, you should bring at least 300 rounds.

At the VERY LEAST, I'd recommend 100 rounds of each type of ammo, so you can sample and "taste" each weapon.

Trying to squeeze in 1k rounds into each weapon by yourself might be a bit much for the day. :D

Thanks for the good question though.

Evan

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Here was my PM'd response, so everyone else can see as well. . .

Just an admin note - last year, we sent each shooter to the line with two loaded mags (cuz 30 rounds doesn't last long in a buzz-gun). If you are shooting something semi-auto or suppressed and/or just want a "taste," you could always opt to just shoot one mag.

My advice is to bring more ammo than what you think you'll shoot; you can always take home what's left over (or donate it to a vendor, LOL).

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I apologize, but this line has many people confused and sending me PMs to clarify:

• The first names of anyone attending with you (list their screen name too if they’re registered on INGO).

To clarify:

NFA Day is limited to 25 participants due to size and safety concerns. In some cases we have allowed a non-shooting spouse to also attend. We are not allowing any other guests.

Thanks!

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I apologize, but this line has many people confused and sending me PMs to clarify:

To clarify:

NFA Day is limited to 25 participants due to size and safety concerns. In some cases we have allowed a non-shooting spouse to also attend. We are not allowing any other guests.

Thanks!

so what your saying is... oh I couldn't do it to you again:D

lovemywoods

Geek in Paradise!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Brown County
    NFA Day Food Sign-up List

NFA Day is three weeks away!

After we’re done shooting, there will be time to eat and talk with one another about guns and such. Supper will be a pitch-in with ‘picnic’ food. I’d appreciate having the participants sign up to bring an item to help out. (The vendors are exempt since they’re busy bringing the hardware!) Most of the items in the list below are fairly easy, even for the non-cooking guys. If you do cook, please consider signing up for a side dish. That leaves the ice and chip choices for the “All I’ll ever need I can get at Village Pantry” crowd. Respond in this thread with what you’re bringing so others can see. I’ll try to update the list during the next few days.

I’m going to cook up some baby back ribs. They will be ‘wet,’ meaning they will have BBQ sauce on them. [Fun fact: Did you know that INGO member ‘Tyler34’ is a real BBQ contest judge?!] If someone really enjoys cooking and wants to bring their style of BBQ, go for it! Just let me know what you will be bringing so I can adjust.

I imagine that after shooting those awesome NFA firearms, we’ll all be ready to sit down, relax, and eat!

Food List

Some type potato side dish (colt45er)

Macaroni and cheese side dish (hotfarmboy1)

Some type vegetable side dish (mettle)

Pan (2 qt?) of Baked beans (tyler34)

1bag of Potato chips, regular (Indy_Guy_77)

1 bag of Potato chips, regular or BBQ (Indy_Guy_77)

1 bowl of Bean salsa for dipping (Esrice)

2 bags of Salsa type chips for dipping bean dip (alfahornet)

1bag of Dorritos (Indy_Guy_77)

2# of Potato salad (ZbornacSVT)

1 Pie (Clay)

1 Pie (second pie!) (Andyccw)

24 Brownies (Chefcook)

24 Cookies (Chefcook)

12 pk. cans, Sprite (danielocean03)

12 pk. cans, Pepsi (danielocean03)

36 bottles of Bottled water (theweakerbrother)

Watermelon (mettle)

1- 22# bag ice, (Available locally at Morganown and Beanblossom IGAs) (Nuke-in-Indy)

1-22# bag ice (second bag) (Available locally at Morganown and Beanblossom IGAs) (Nuke-in-Indy)

48 each Plastic spoons and forks (Andyccw)

50 plastic cups, 12+ oz.(danielocean03)

100+ Napkins (flintlock)

Bring your own drinks. We’ll have coolers, ice, and cups available. Also a few extra drinks along with bottled water will be available.

Bring a folding chair if you like.

Detailed directions to our home will be sent to you before NFA Day. For general planning, we are in northwest BrownCounty. We’re an hour south of Indianapolis and 9 miles north of Nashville, Indiana.

Last edited:

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Since I live in a dorm with little access to cooking whatnots, I'll go ahead and volunteer for the napkins (I'll get some really nice ones :D ). I can bring more stuff if needed. Let me know if you need me to bring anything else.

How far are you from Bloomington? I'll probably ride down from Indy and stay with a friend at IU the night before so i don't have to drive so far in the morning. Depending on what time we are starting... which brings me to my next question, what time are we starting?

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars & I are down for Mac & Cheese on Day 2. Is there a separate food list for the Alumni shoot?

/me needs to catch up on posts still

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Lars & I are down for Mac & Cheese on Day 2. Is there a separate food list for the Alumni shoot?

/me needs to catch up on posts still

since you said for day 2, which I'm guessing is the alumni shoot.

I'll take the mac and cheese for the first shoot on Sat.
    I may even make a seperate dish of my spicy mac and cheese. :D

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    NFA Day is three weeks away!

After we’re done shooting, there will be time to eat and talk with one another about guns and such. Supper will be a pitch-in with ‘picnic’ food. I’d appreciate having the participants sign up to bring an item to help out. (The vendors are exempt since they’re busy bringing the hardware!) Most of the items in the list below are fairly easy, even for the non-cooking guys. If you do cook, please consider signing up for a side dish. That leaves the ice and chip choices for the “All I’ll ever need I can get at Village Pantry” crowd. Respond in this thread with what you’re bringing so others can see. I’ll try to update the list during the next few days.

I’m going to cook up some baby back ribs. They will be ‘wet,’ meaning they will have BBQ sauce on them. [Fun fact: Did you know that INGO member ‘Tyler’ is a real BBQ contest judge?!] If someone really enjoys cooking and wants to bring their style of BBQ, go for it! Just let me know what you will be bringing so I can adjust.

I imagine that after shooting those awesome NFA firearms, we’ll all be ready to sit down, relax, and eat!

Food List

Some type potato side dish

Macaroni and cheese side dish

Some type vegetable side dish

Pan (2 qt?) of Baked beans

1bag of Potato chips, regular

1 bag of Potato chips, regular or BBQ

1 bowl of Bean dip for dipping (Esrice?)

2 bags of Salsa type chips for dipping bean dip

1bag of Dorritos

2# of Potato salad

1 Pie

1 Pie (second pie!)

24 Brownies (Chef)

24 Cookies (Chef)

12 pk. cans, Sprite

12 pk. cans, Pepsi

36 bottles of Bottled water

Watermelon

1- 22# bag ice, (Available locally at Morganown and Beanblossom IGAs)

1-22# bag ice (second bag) (Available locally at Morganown and Beanblossom IGAs)

48 each Plastic spoons and forks

50 plastic cups, 12+ oz.

100+ Napkins (flintlock)

Bring your own drinks. We’ll have coolers, ice, and cups available. Also a few extra drinks along with bottled water will be available.

Bring a folding chair if you like.

Detailed directions to our home will be sent to you before NFA Day. For general planning, we are in northwest BrownCounty. We’re an hour south of Indianapolis and 9 miles north of Nashville, Indiana.

Ill hook up the cookies...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom