Not open for further replies.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just a follow-up from a recent thread: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/96002-seattle_cop_on_video_punching_17_year_old.html

The young lady did the right thing and apologized for her bad decision. Her parents and community supported her, but did not condone her disrespect for authority. Her apology says a lot about her character and I'm glad this turned out the way it did. I hope the judge shows some mercy if the prosecutor decides to move forward with charges. I believe a second chance is warranted in this situation and if need be, for the officer, as well.

Black Teen Punched by White Cop in Seattle Apologizes

Punched Seattle teen apologizes to police officer - Yahoo! News

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    so reading the second article, did she apologize because because she was sorry or to help calm things down?

Probably some of both. Emotions were high, she reacted badly in the heat of the moment, and has owned up to that. Good for her.

Frankly, I would at this point be surprised if the prosecutor moves forward, especially given the minor nature of the initial infraction.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    so reading the second article, did she apologize because because she was sorry or to help calm things down?

There was a lot in the articles that focused on the young lady doing the right thing and I didn't try to figure out why she did it. The fact is, the young lady apologized and I'm glad she did. Sorry, but I can't answer that question for you.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    There was a lot in the articles that focused on the young lady doing the right thing and I didn't try to figure out why she did it. The fact is, the young lady apologized and I'm glad she did. Sorry, but I can't answer that question for you.

I am glad she did the right thing. I would love to believe she did it for the right reasons too. My only inkling of doubt came from this one sentence at the end of the article.

James Kelly of the Urban League of Seattle says he requested Friday's meeting between the teen and the officer at a [COLOR=#366388 ! important][COLOR=#366388 ! important]community [COLOR=#366388 ! important]center[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] to help calm the situation.

She didn't request the meeting?

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I've heard on talk radio (trust if you want), that the girl has a rap sheet. Apparently she hadn't learned to respect authority yet. Personally, I see the apology as her trying to get out of this situation.

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    The media has to make everything about race. Black teen punched by white cop. What did race have to do with it? Nothing, they are from the school of thought shared by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who should both be dragged through the streets and shot...And no not because they are black, because they are idiots!

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Meh, public apologies mean pretty much :poop:.

She's sorry for getting caught. Just the same as that congress critter is sorry assaulting those kids for asking him if he supports Obama's policies.

IMO they both need a few days behind bars in order to understand that physically assaulting someone isn't OK.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    She ought to apologize, and she still deserves jail time. I cant imagine attacking a cop like she did, then resisting still.

She lucky she didnt end with more than a punch to the face; I bet she'd look alwfully purdy with afew missing teeth from face to concrete contact.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    She ought to apologize, and she still deserves jail time. I cant imagine attacking a cop like she did, then resisting still.

She lucky she didnt end with more than a punch to the face; I bet she'd look alwfully purdy with afew missing teeth from face to concrete contact.

I'm sure that wouldn't be considered excessive. :rolleyes:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    The media has to make everything about race. Black teen punched by white cop. What did race have to do with it? Nothing, they are from the school of thought shared by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who should both be dragged through the streets and shot...And no not because they are black, because they are idiots!

Why do most people get sucked into the race issue on here? If we know the media does it, why can't we just ignore that part and focus on a girl assaulting a LEO, she gets punched and the facts of the incident?

It's easy to see where most people stand on race issues, so why keep dredging up the scum on the bottom of that pond?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    And people say racism is gone but title things "black teen punched by white cop".......

Which would you purchase:

1. Gun for sale... $5,000

OR

2. Vintage Colt 1911, worn by General George Patton. Only fired once and currently owned by his great-grandson. Seller wants $5,000.

It's all about selling the product. Too bad so many people are still buying.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

OR

2. Vintage Colt 1911, worn by General George Patton. Only fired once and currently owned by his great-grandson. Seller wants $5,000.

Agreed, but I still think there is some racism there or at the very least they are REALLY trying to imply it like you said to get people to read.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Why do most people get sucked into the race issue on here? If we know the media does it, why can't we just ignore that part and focus on a girl assaulting a LEO, she gets punched and the facts of the incident?

It's easy to see where most people stand on race issues, so why keep dredging up the scum on the bottom of that pond?
    Because it is, and will be for a long time, a "hot button" issue.
    No one would watch the news, buy a newspaper, or listen to talk radio if the subject of race weren't constantly up front.
    It's on everyones minds because race is something that we are born into. It can't be changed so people try to make the group that they belong to by birth the "good guys" and everyone else the "bad guys".
    We're supposed to be rational, thinking, "superior" beings.
    The truth is that we are just animals who've learned to use tools and communicate over distances.
    We still associate with our own kind just like Wolves, Lions, Elephants, and every other creature on the planet.
    I DO NOT condone racism.
    I'm just afraid that we are stuck with it.
    Mike

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

OR

if all i had to pay was $5k to punch anyone in the face and that was all (no jail time) then i would be a broke mo fo and a lot of people would have broken noses. :D

i dont care what the color of either of their skin was! i wish the cop would have been black so the race band wagon would shut the heck up! instead of blaming the papers why dont you blame the BLACK people that the newspapers know will buy the sensationalised race papers??? kinda like buyers of blood diamonds directly (financialy) contribute to murder right? A LOT not all, Black people wanna keep race an issue because its the way a lot of them can make a living and get a free home on good taxpayers dime! I cant wait till the race issue is gone so that affirmative action goes the hell away with it!!! among other RACIST government programs that discriminate white people

i think when you graduate law school you will be a great lawyer for twisting reality for the NAACP. best of luck to you in your career with the NAACP. << as long as that organization exist then racism will also exist. the very existance of such a group is racist.

back to the apology: it didnt mean crap! she did it to try and get a reduced sentence because her lawyer told her to do it. wish the police would handle all of us citizens with kit gloves for fear of us starting a riot .... oh thats right, we dont all act like friggin animals! maybe we should erase her charges for not calling racism and inciting a riot?
    wish the police would handle all of us citizens with kit gloves for fear of us starting a riot .... oh thats right, we dont all act like friggin animals!

dumb girl (any race) for fighting with the police = PRISON CELL

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Agreed, but I still think there is some racism there or at the very least they are REALLY trying to imply it like you said to get people to read.

Race issues sell papers better than sex.

Because it is, and will be for a long time, a "hot button" issue.
    No one would watch the news, buy a newspaper, or listen to talk radio if the subject of race weren't constantly up front.
    It's on everyones minds because race is something that we are born into. It can't be changed so people try to make the group that they belong to by birth the "good guys" and everyone else the "bad guys".
    We're supposed to be rational, thinking, "superior" beings.
    The truth is that we are just animals who've learned to use tools and communicate over distances.
    We still associate with our own kind just like Wolves, Lions, Elephants, and every other creature on the planet.
    I DO NOT condone racism.
    I'm just afraid that we are stuck with it.
    Mike

Mike, I would disagree. I joined INGO to meet people who are not like me. I want to know those guys I was told are "rednecks." Why? Because I found out that my biases are just like theirs... ignorance. People don't want to be insulted by being called out of their name or having their community made fun of. If treated well, most people will offer the same respect. Good behavior and though processes can be changed, if people are willing to be deprogrammed.

I agree with Jesse Jackson on some things and disagree with him on others. The same with politicians, professors, neighbors, etc. When I agree with Jesse Jackson because he is black or disagree with a politician because he is white, only I know that exists in me and it's up to me to do something about it. The same goes for all of us.

My "kind" is the human race and I shouldn't have a problem communicating with a white, black, red, or any other color human being. I've never heard of a wolf, lion or elephant discriminating against another because of color, so if they can do it, so can we.

I'm far from perfect in this area, but I will continue working at it and developing some good friends along the way.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom